News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why is Marxism so Attractive?

Started by pr126, February 02, 2018, 01:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 13, 2018, 02:32:48 AM
You are suggesting, I think, that "the plantation model" is about corporations and workers today.  Is that correct?

People don't know how to treat each other in a good way, we like to exploit.  Plantation = exploitation.  Of course there is still chattel slavery (mostly young girls), and we have much more wage slavery and debt slavery than we had 150 years ago.  The most persistent exploitation is implied.  I benefit indirectly for example, from American imperialism abroad.  But also from collectivist exploitation at home (and not just because my salary is ultimately from the government).  Plantation life as we know it, started with the invasion of Ireland by England, under Queen Elizabeth I.  This naturally extended into the time of her successor, King James I, and into the New World.  Of course, we anglophones think that our New World exploitation was more human than the Spanish or French version.  It wasn't ... anglophones were actually more racist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 13, 2018, 05:24:52 AM
People don't know how to treat each other in a good way, we like to exploit.  Plantation = exploitation.  Of course there is still chattel slavery (mostly young girls), and we have much more wage slavery and debt slavery than we had 150 years ago.  The most persistent exploitation is implied.  I benefit indirectly for example, from American imperialism abroad.  But also from collectivist exploitation at home (and not just because my salary is ultimately from the government).  Plantation life as we know it, started with the invasion of Ireland by England, under Queen Elizabeth I.  This naturally extended into the time of her successor, King James I, and into the New World.  Of course, we anglophones think that our New World exploitation was more human than the Spanish or French version.  It wasn't ... anglophones were actually more racist.

I think that you are admixing centuries sufficiently that I will dodge this one.  Going from 1533 Elizabeth 1 of England to today (your benefits working for the US Govt) is a big bite. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 13, 2018, 12:44:51 PM
I think that you are admixing centuries sufficiently that I will dodge this one.  Going from 1533 Elizabeth 1 of England to today (your benefits working for the US Govt) is a big bite.

We still speak the Queen's English, and take the Queen's shilling.  US is just the un-admitted to part of the Commonwealth.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 13, 2018, 01:17:24 PM
We still speak the Queen's English, and take the Queen's shilling.  US is just the un-admitted to part of the Commonwealth.

Actually, last I checked, we don't take the Queen's Shilling or speak er English, bucky, but ye might find we do a twisty mite after BBC hour, whot?  Sniff, sniff...  Bugger that bloke, e's on the wrong way of the road...

Ahem!  As I was saying, we aren't british over here.  we're just idiots.... 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!