Religious tolerance in British crown dependencies and British overseas territori

Started by viocjit, February 11, 2018, 03:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viocjit

Hello ! I'm a French and I heard that generally people don't care if you're a believer or not if you live in England , Northen Ireland (IN MY KNOWLEDGE IN THIS CONSTITUTIVE NATION OF UK WE MUST AVOID TO ASK IF THE PERSON IS CATHOLIC OR PROTESTANT) , Scotland or Wales.

Of course , that depend of zones but generally in continental UK Atheists are tolerated by the population if I'm not saying bullocks.

But I'd like to know how Atheists are generally considered by the major part of the population in Bristish crown dependencies and BOT.

Full list of British crown dependencies (NAMES GIVEN BY ALPHABETICAL ORDER IN THEIRS ENGLISH NAMES) :

NOTE : You can use Wikipedia to know more about these areas.

1.Bailiwick of Jersey

2.Bailiwick of Guernsey

3.Isle of Man

Full list of UK overseas territories (NAMES GIVEN BY ALPHABETICAL ORDER IN THEIRS ENGLISH NAMES) :

NOTE : Some of these places are claimed by others states than United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. This list doesn't means that I support any claim by UK or another state.
You can use Wikipedia to know more about these areas.

1.Anguilla

2.Bermuda

3.British Antarctic Territory
NOTE : This place is not permanently inhabited by theirs inhabitants.

4.British Indian Ocean Territory
NOTE : Only UK , US military personnel and associated contractors live there.

5.British Virgin Islands

6.Cayman Islands

7.Falkland Islands

8.Gibraltar

9.Montserrat

10.Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands

11.Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha

12.South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
NOTE : Inhabited only by officials and researchers.

13.Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia
NOTE : There are two military bases.

14.Turks and Caicos Islands

Baruch

A lot of those are tax havens.  Do you have taxes you need to evade?  Some Caribbean islands are Hindu or Muslim oriented ... I would not consider those for tolerance.  Also in places they are subject to hurricanes.  All others are dependent on tourist trade.  Of course the Channel Islands speak French.  Some islands have active volcanoes.  And those two military bases are on Cyprus ... not a good choice either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Quote from: viocjit on February 11, 2018, 03:28:28 PM
Hello ! I'm a French and I heard that generally people don't care if you're a believer or not if you live in England , Northen Ireland (IN MY KNOWLEDGE IN THIS CONSTITUTIVE NATION OF UK WE MUST AVOID TO ASK IF THE PERSON IS CATHOLIC OR PROTESTANT) , Scotland or Wales.

Of course , that depend of zones but generally in continental UK Atheists are tolerated by the population if I'm not saying bullocks.

But I'd like to know how Atheists are generally considered by the major part of the population in Bristish crown dependencies and BOT.

Full list of British crown dependencies (NAMES GIVEN BY ALPHABETICAL ORDER IN THEIRS ENGLISH NAMES) :

Is there a reason any of this matters?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Maybe someone whose questionable tax evasion was uncovered in the recent Panama Papers caper.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 13, 2018, 05:58:45 AM
Maybe someone whose questionable tax evasion was uncovered in the recent Panama Papers caper.

I hope they at least spelled my name right... 

"Chears", the bar where nobody can spell your name...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 13, 2018, 02:03:26 PM
I hope they at least spelled my name right... 

"Chears", the bar where nobody can spell your name...

I meant the OP, not you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

viocjit

Quote from: Baruch on February 11, 2018, 04:33:18 PM
A lot of those are tax havens.  Do you have taxes you need to evade?  Some Caribbean islands are Hindu or Muslim oriented ... I would not consider those for tolerance.  Also in places they are subject to hurricanes.  All others are dependent on tourist trade.  Of course the Channel Islands speak French.  Some islands have active volcanoes.  And those two military bases are on Cyprus ... not a good choice either.

:)

Quote from: Baruch on February 13, 2018, 05:58:45 AM

I'm not concerned by tax evasion or legal tax avoidance nor Panama Papers.

Quote from: Cavebear on February 13, 2018, 01:53:35 AM
Is there a reason any of this matters?

There are only questions that I'm asking to myself.

SGOS

One would think that any current religious tolerances at home would transfer to the territories.  If people don't care about religious affiliations at home, why care at all?  But this is based on an imperfect understanding of human psychology in general.  I have no actual knowledge of what goes on in the crown territories. 

Cavebear

Quote from: viocjit on February 19, 2018, 02:50:12 PM
:)

I'm not concerned by tax evasion or legal tax avoidance nor Panama Papers.

There are only questions that I'm asking to myself.

Well, then those are interesting questions...  The best questions are ones you ask yourself.