Author Topic: Never mind the Tesla in space.  (Read 684 times)

Online trdsf

Re: Never mind the Tesla in space.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 09:37:41 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Lots of agencies and corporations are really gearing up for it.  Most optimistic picture (earliest plans come to fruition successfully) is about a decade.  A more realistic prediction would be two decades, maybe three.  But hey, I hear people are living longer, so there are baby boomers who might witness it.
I should be able to do twenty, thirty years.  The one I'd really love to see happen ASAP is Breakthrough Starshot; if they can get that outward bound in the next 10-15 years, I have a chance to live long enough for its arrival in the Proxima Centauri system.
Sir Terry Pratchett, on being told about the theory that the universe is a computer simulation: "If we all get out and in again, would it start to work properly this time?"

Online trdsf

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 10:19:02 AM »
Okay, extra coolness points for the Tesla in space: in the glovebox is a copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and a towel.  Also on board is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login—possibly (but not certainly) billions of years.  :D
Sir Terry Pratchett, on being told about the theory that the universe is a computer simulation: "If we all get out and in again, would it start to work properly this time?"

Offline Baruch

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 12:48:51 PM »

Bad ad ware ... access with JavaScript off.
שלום

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 01:28:44 PM »
What's this about blasting David Bowie's Space Oddity - while in space where no sound can be heard?
“There are priests who carry out exorcisms on their mobile phones. That’s possible thanks to Jesus”
Cardinal Ernest Simoni
“Life swings like a pendulum backward and forward between pain and boredom”
Arthur Schopenhauer

Online trdsf

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 01:57:05 PM »
What's this about blasting David Bowie's Space Oddity - while in space where no sound can be heard?
Actually, it was 'Life on Mars' and 'Starman' in rotation, as I recall.  Yeah, it couldn't actually be heard, it was just a style point.  I don't recall if there was an actual broadcast of those from the car or not.

Offline PickelledEggs

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 03:20:52 PM »
Holy shit. I'm hard right now.
"Tell Pilate to release the files!!!" - Bill Hicks
"I have an open mind, but not so open that my brains will fall out" -James Randi
"One who truly hates himself cannot love, he cannot place his trust in another." - NGE

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2018, 06:39:24 PM »
Holy shit. I'm hard right now.
Well, you ARE under trdsf. :leer:
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline Hydra009

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 10:32:45 PM »
Also on board is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login—possibly (but not certainly) billions of years.  :D
It’s one thing to have guts; it’s another to be crazy!

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2018, 02:04:39 AM »
I saw the image of the Tesla car in orbit, and 'Heavy Metal' came immediately to mind.  As I'm sure it did to Musk.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2018, 01:51:58 PM »
I sure hope that astronaut was strapped in good - he might go flying off and get lost in space.
“There are priests who carry out exorcisms on their mobile phones. That’s possible thanks to Jesus”
Cardinal Ernest Simoni
“Life swings like a pendulum backward and forward between pain and boredom”
Arthur Schopenhauer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk