More analysis on Feminist myth

Started by Baruch, February 10, 2018, 10:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 10, 2018, 11:14:19 AM
imagine being so dumbfucking stupid that you're an identitarian about your sex.

Or skin color, hair color, language, favorite sport team ...

Used to be that tribes were all cousins, if not family.  Now you can synchronously shake spears across the whole planet.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 10, 2018, 11:14:19 AM
imagine being so dumbfucking stupid that you're an identitarian about your sex.

If we had just one gender, there would be no sexism.  But we do, and there is the problem.  Differences cause differences and we all struggle with that.  I am totally in favor of men and women getting the same pay for the same job.  That was ONE of the good things about the Civil Service; equal job, equal pay.  The best co-worker I had was a woman at the same grade at the same pay.  But we also had a male and a female co-worker at the same grade and pay and neither were worth keeping as trash-collectors.

It depends on the skills of the person, not gender either way.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 13, 2018, 01:26:37 AM
If we had just one gender, there would be no sexism.  But we do, and there is the problem.  Differences cause differences and we all struggle with that.  I am totally in favor of men and women getting the same pay for the same job.  That was ONE of the good things about the Civil Service; equal job, equal pay.  The best co-worker I had was a woman at the same grade at the same pay.  But we also had a male and a female co-worker at the same grade and pay and neither were worth keeping as trash-collectors.

It depends on the skills of the person, not gender either way.

The civil service and military are better dealing with sexism, because they have actual rules, and bureaucratic levels of rank and step, that make it harder to manage arbitrarily.  In the private sector, the supervisor can do anything his boss lets him do.

As far as deadwood goes, that seems to depend on if the supervisor is pro-active instead of reactive ... but with some people, you are pushing a rope no matter what you do.  Also, some people require a much more structured work environment.  I am experienced and reasonably self motivated, so a light hand is good for me.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.