More analysis on Feminist myth

Started by Baruch, February 10, 2018, 10:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 13, 2018, 03:08:21 PM
I'm still not convinced that he supports Trump... I have a feeling he's just being labeled as a trump supporter/alt right because he's horrible at letting go of beating dead horses...
It's more in the line that Sargon of Akkad thinks Trump is an useful idiot.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 18, 2018, 08:28:54 PM
Demos pick enough cherries to bake a pie.  You believe all the COINTELPRO since the Warren Commission, amIright?

I believe verifiable information.  And, BTW, I call "Republicans", "Republicans".  You can have the decency to call "Democrats", "Democrats".  And it isn't the "Democrat" party, it's the "Democratic" party...

Unless you want to be called "Repubs".
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2018, 02:32:12 AM
I believe verifiable information.  And, BTW, I call "Republicans", "Republicans".  You can have the decency to call "Democrats", "Democrats".  And it isn't the "Democrat" party, it's the "Democratic" party...

Unless you want to be called "Repubs".

There isn't anything democratic, about the Democrat Party central committee.  By all means, call any party by rude names ... they deserve it.  Worthless turds in a septic tank that they are.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2018, 07:09:26 AM
There isn't anything democratic, about the Democrat Party central committee.  By all means, call any party by rude names ... they deserve it.  Worthless turds in a septic tank that they are.

You say "central committee" as if the Democratic party was a Soviet.  They aren't and never will be.  And you are still saying "Democrat" party.  That is a deliberate insult.  I request you please stop doing that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2018, 08:21:31 AM
You say "central committee" as if the Democratic party was a Soviet.  They aren't and never will be.  And you are still saying "Democrat" party.  That is a deliberate insult.  I request you please stop doing that.

They are turncoats ... in 1776, 1861 and onward and downward.  I am not insulting you.  But if you consider a party, to be a person, then you must be a SCOTUS member ;-(  It isn't possible to insult an inanimate thing or an idea.  I have toyed with you, never insulted you.  Unless of course you can't separate your ideology from your own personality.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2018, 08:10:31 PM
They are turncoats ... in 1776, 1861 and onward and downward.  I am not insulting you.  But if you consider a party, to be a person, then you must be a SCOTUS member ;-(  It isn't possible to insult an inanimate thing or an idea.  I have toyed with you, never insulted you.  Unless of course you can't separate your ideology from your own personality.

Given that you want the US to return to 1776, I hold out no hope for you.  And less interest.

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on February 28, 2018, 05:18:12 AM
Given that you want the US to return to 1776, I hold out no hope for you.  And less interest.
Just enough interest to keep replying. ;)

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on February 28, 2018, 05:45:00 AM

Defiant projection and self justification is what we do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on February 28, 2018, 05:45:00 AM

Only game in town sometimes.  But I would prefer better.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 28, 2018, 06:18:25 AM
Defiant projection and self justification is what we do.

Well, you ARE projecting and justifying.  I mostly just correct you.  Its a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

Deidre32

I'm a woman and don't feel oppressed. There, I said it.

Feminism, at its inception, was an incredible path-blazing movement that caused women to have the same freedoms as men. This doesn't mean we become identical to men, but that we should be allowed the same freedoms as men. But, with that, should come the same responsibilities for those freedoms. Many radical feminists want to play the victim when it suits, asking men to rescue us, and in the next breath, telling men that we don't need them.

Once that stops, and a balance returns, and we stop competing with who is better, we will see less strife between men and women. Discrimination still goes on, and so does sexism and misogyny. But, misandry is also a very real thing, and two wrongs will never make a right.
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Baruch

Outstanding.

A positive co-dependent relationship, or a negative co-dependent relationship ... isn't the ideal.  A partnership between complementary gender, complementary personality.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Deidre32

Quote from: Baruch on April 04, 2018, 09:30:01 PM
Outstanding.

A positive co-dependent relationship, or a negative co-dependent relationship ... isn't the ideal.  A partnership between complementary gender, complementary personality.

Equal doesn't mean 'same.' I don't want to be 'like a man.' I also don't want to have to prove myself to be 'as good as a man' at anything. That is where feminism is going wrong, it's setting this bar for women that we have to measure up to men, as if being a man is the standard. Which is hypocritical in the sense that as a woman, I'm already good enough. Isn't that what feminism wants me to believe? In the same token, feminism wants to push the idea that I need to keep striving to 'beat' men at life, and I strive to do my best for me. Not to be as good as a man, because it's insulting to tell me that I'm only worthwhile if I can be as good as a man at something.

Cavebear

Quote from: Deidre32 on April 04, 2018, 10:17:00 PM
Equal doesn't mean 'same.' I don't want to be 'like a man.' I also don't want to have to prove myself to be 'as good as a man' at anything. That is where feminism is going wrong, it's setting this bar for women that we have to measure up to men, as if being a man is the standard. Which is hypocritical in the sense that as a woman, I'm already good enough. Isn't that what feminism wants me to believe? In the same token, feminism wants to push the idea that I need to keep striving to 'beat' men at life, and I strive to do my best for me. Not to be as good as a man, because it's insulting to tell me that I'm only worthwhile if I can be as good as a man at something.

I understand that completely.  I had a valued woman co-worker for years and while we did not always agree on everything (but most) I learned from her and she learned from me.  I became a bit more consensus-oriented and she learned to be a bit more assertive.  It benefited both of us.  Actually, we became quite a good team in the office.

Deidre32

Quote from: Cavebear on April 04, 2018, 11:27:56 PM

I understand that completely.  I had a valued woman co-worker for years and while we did not always agree on everything (but most) I learned from her and she learned from me.  I became a bit more consensus-oriented and she learned to be a bit more assertive.  It benefited both of us.  Actually, we became quite a good team in the office.

That's great, and really, what it should be if we all work on it. The media is caught up with pitting men against women, forcing the feminist narrative to mean that women should always be competing with men. The message is often double sided, that there's a bad man lurking on every corner, but at the same time, women need men to bail us out of our own mistakes, or help us out in life. It's just a constant mixed message, and it really creates this victim mentality, instead of offering solutions that men and women can work by, to not only coexist, but thrive. We should want more for ourselves than mere coexistence. Thanks for sharing that Cavebear. :)