More analysis on Feminist myth

Started by Baruch, February 10, 2018, 10:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 10, 2018, 08:34:45 PM
Just another one of your typical, empty snide comments.

I had a mother etc, have an ex and a daughter.  I don't need Left ideology to know what women are like.  And I still like them in spite of my experience with them.  I went into it not knowing what to expect, and I still don't ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 10, 2018, 08:37:33 PM
Just what is the ideal christian family or muslim family or most other organized religions?  The man is the head of the family unit and rules over all other members.  I guess that is a balance of power, right?  Except the power lies with the man.

So you hate your family of origin?  Did your dad beat all the family members, and rape all the female members?  Really?  Were you raised by chimps?

You agree to define women as a victim group.  You are Identity politics ... you are Democrat ... aka SJW ... aka Communist?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 10, 2018, 09:46:31 PM
Number of male-to-female presidents.
Number of male-to-female Senators.
Number of male-to-female Supreme Court Justices (96%-to-4%)
Number of male-to-female business owners and CEOS.
Number of male-to-female leadership in unions.
Number of women who adopt their husband's name instead of keeping their own or having him adopt theirs.
Number of instances of sexual objectification in marketing of women vs men.
Number of women who get involved in STEM fields due largely in part to the fact that it is "not a woman's role" or what women should be interested in.
Number of women who face domestic abuse versus the number of men.
Number of women who face rape versus the number of men.
Number of laws restricting a woman's right to her body vs number of laws restricting a man's right to his body.
Number of American citizens practicing one form of another of fundamentalist Christianity, Islam, Judaism which are inherently patriarchal in nature.
Number of American women who are pressured into marriage, or arranged a marriage vs number of American men who are pressured or arranged into a marriage (and yes, this is a "white" person thing too; my adopted mother is Scottish and her first wedding to an abusive alcoholic was an arranged marriage).
Number of jobs that are exclusively male vs number that are exclusively female (this again comes down to religion, mostly Southern Baptist).
The fact that a 30 year old woman who is unmarried is significantly more socially stigmatized than a man who is 30 years old.
The fact that women who are "too smart" are believed to turn men off.
The fact that women hold 21% of leadership positions in nonprofits despite the fact that they make up 76% of nonprofit workers.
32% of households with women as the head live in poverty vs 16.1% headed by men.
Women outside of marriage are significantly more likely to live in poverty than men.
Women on average will make between 3% and 33% less money than a male in the same field in their life time.
Women will be passed over for promotion if a male is available.
Women make up 78.4% of the labour force in health care and social assistance, while only making up 14.6 percent of XOs and 12.4% of board directors (and 0.0% CEOs).

Get thee to Amazon island, but get a sex change first ;-)  Feminism (as discussed here) is based on fear/hate of men.  Men who are feminists are self-hating men.  That is bigoted ... either you hate all humans or you love all humans ... or you are a bigot.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on February 11, 2018, 05:44:52 AM
Feminism (as discussed here) is based on fear/hate of men.  Men who are feminists are self-hating men.  That is bigoted ... either you hate all humans or you love all humans ... or you are a bigot.

If you truly believe this, you are a moronic fool.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on February 11, 2018, 08:55:59 AM
If you truly believe this, you are a moronic fool.

Then bigots are geniuses.  I am still divided on loving or hating humanity as a whole.  As far as individuals go, I am trying to only dislike what they do, as individuals, not who they are ... nor group them into Democratic party special interest groups.  I am not interested in helping any political party achieve the Satanic status they all crave.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

I have noticed that the left, SJWs, feminist have the same superior feeling, certitude, self-righteous arrogance, rudeness that the fundamentalist religious have.

Challange their beliefs and you are attacking their ego, their personhood.

More and more people leaving the SJW/leftist/feminist ideology.
That is a good thing.

See the many Youtube videos there are "Why I am not a Feminist" or an SJW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9nf1QTNqEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD65wnDGuTg

Baruch

Anyone who is pro-woman, because they are pro-human ... I consider to be good.  Being pro-woman doesn't involve being anti-man or anti-child, because those are not pro-human.  I happen to be a religious humanist, but I consider secular humanists to be allies.  But I consider no person as an enemy, even though our actions as human beings, are often wrong.  And we must be very careful of the distortion caused by tribalism of ideology.

And as pro-human (a humanist) I am not unaware of my natural environment, proper care for nature beyond human beings.  We are a part of our natural environment ... an entirely artificial environment (as we might find on Martian/Lunar colonies or at a S Pole station ... is not conducive to humanity.  Artificial environments can only ever be partial, as outposts still connected to some natural environment.

I don't see any flaws with this outline, only flaws in implementation.

If there is terraforming of Mars some day ... we will have another natural environment to despoil.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on February 11, 2018, 05:41:58 AM
I had a mother etc, have an ex and a daughter.  I don't need Left ideology to know what women are like.  And I still like them in spite of my experience with them.  I went into it not knowing what to expect, and I still don't ;-)
I see you just simply don't tire of inane comments.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on February 11, 2018, 05:43:27 AM
So you hate your family of origin?  Did your dad beat all the family members, and rape all the female members?  Really?  Were you raised by chimps?

You agree to define women as a victim group.  You are Identity politics ... you are Democrat ... aka SJW ... aka Communist?
Your forte--inane and snide comments.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on February 11, 2018, 09:09:01 AM
Then bigots are geniuses.
You do seem to think so--and in your particular case, I think that is correct.  I still regard much of what you say as in the 'genius' area.  But you do have a proclivity to make utterly bigoted statements about people lumping them into a 'either or' category.   I know you know that few things are simply all black or all white, most live in an area of grey; but you don't say that very often.  You seem to love to blame the victim quite a bit--or that is how you come across. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on February 11, 2018, 11:40:53 AM
Anyone who is pro-woman, because they are pro-human ... I consider to be good.  Being pro-woman doesn't involve being anti-man or anti-child, because those are not pro-human.  I happen to be a religious humanist, but I consider secular humanists to be allies.  But I consider no person as an enemy, even though our actions as human beings, are often wrong.  And we must be very careful of the distortion caused by tribalism of ideology.

And as pro-human (a humanist) I am not unaware of my natural environment, proper care for nature beyond human beings.  We are a part of our natural environment ... an entirely artificial environment (as we might find on Martian/Lunar colonies or at a S Pole station ... is not conducive to humanity.  Artificial environments can only ever be partial, as outposts still connected to some natural environment.

I don't see any flaws with this outline, only flaws in implementation.

If there is terraforming of Mars some day ... we will have another natural environment to despoil.
This statement is in stark contrast to the other bombastic replies you've made about this topic.  I agree with it.  I criticize the society I live in not to tear it down, but to improve it, make it more fair and equitable.  The same for my country--I point out its flaws to improve it, not destroy it. 

My dad was a Southern boy from rural Texas, steeped in 'the man is the head of the family' and 'a man's home is his castle'.  My mother was a feminist in that she did not feel relegated to the traditional role of a wife supporting a husband in all things.  It was not a rebellion.  It was her living her life with the ideal (unspoken) that a marriage was a partnership in that each partner needed to make a 100% commitment to that relationship and that it needed to be fair to all parties.   So, me and my brothers grew up in an environment in which it was evident that my mother was not the inferior to the husband, but a partner who expected to be treated with respect.  She did not live her life rebelling against a husband treating her unfairly; she lived her life expecting and accepting no less that being treated as and regarded as an equal partner.   That example is where I draw my meaning of what a feminist is.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 10, 2018, 09:00:38 PM
Demonstrate, then, that the US is a patriarchy.

You were referring to the US, at least among others, when you said, 'this society', yes?
You're going to keep moving the goalpost, aren't you?

Hijiri Byakuren

Sargon really loves beating dead horses, it would seem. Although I'm not really surprised, given that he seems to be following the lead of God-Emperor Trump these days.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 11, 2018, 12:02:34 PM
I see you just simply don't tire of inane comments.

You know all women intimately, and have taken an average and standard deviation of their opinions?  If I don't know of women directly, but only thru Marxist ideology, then may Lenin's mom expel me from the Party!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on February 11, 2018, 04:17:20 PM
Sargon really loves beating dead horses, it would seem. Although I'm not really surprised, given that he seems to be following the lead of God-Emperor Trump these days.

If one is really anti-Feminist ... I don't know if he is or not ... then it must really suck being ruled by a Queen.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.