Bermuda repeals same-sex marriage

Started by Hydra009, February 09, 2018, 11:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 25, 2018, 08:24:25 AM
Easy to say for a retiree.  If you were younger, you would still be in an office with the WH guy on the wall ;-0

How little ye understand me...

In the late Reagan Administration, the boss a couple levels up came into our small office passing out oaths for us to sign to "The President".  I crumpled it up and tossed it to his feet.  He turned beet red and walked out.  We never heard another word about that again.

One of my proudest moments.  And I gave up all my potential promotions doing that.  And I would do it again today...

So be careful with your sarcasm...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 25, 2018, 02:39:56 PM
How little ye understand me...

In the late Reagan Administration, the boss a couple levels up came into our small office passing out oaths for us to sign to "The President".  I crumpled it up and tossed it to his feet.  He turned beet red and walked out.  We never heard another word about that again.

One of my proudest moments.  And I gave up all my potential promotions doing that.  And I would do it again today...

So be careful with your sarcasm...

I approve of your refusal.  Would you have done the same if demanded by President Hillary?  Federal workers shouldn't have to take loyalty oaths, unless they are in uniform.  Hence the FBI etc can be as D or R as they want ... which is still a problem ;-(  The military oath isn't to a person (like in Hitler's case) or to a political party ... but to the Constitution (which is hopefully a neutral position).  We can see how fun a lack of any loyalty at all, and self aggrandizement, worked in Trump's first year in office ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 25, 2018, 08:24:25 AM
Easy to say for a retiree.  If you were younger, you would still be in an office with the WH guy on the wall ;-0

The lobby of the building always had the Pres on the wall.  But we never paid any attention to it.  You underestimate us govt workers.   We took an oath of allegiance to The Constitution.  Not the current president.  They come and go.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 28, 2018, 05:10:27 AM
The lobby of the building always had the Pres on the wall.  But we never paid any attention to it.  You underestimate us govt workers.   We took an oath of allegiance to The Constitution.  Not the current president.  They come and go.

Oh ... I doubt that.  I know military takes an oath ... I haven't seen where the civilians do (as part of enlistment?).  Aren't they purely partisan D and R people?  That seems to be the case now.  Back in the old days, military people commonly refused even to register to vote, because that contradicted their oath as a deviation from neutrality.

If you support the Constitution, did you support all the unconstitutional shit the government has been doing since 1950?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 28, 2018, 06:28:34 AM
Oh ... I doubt that.  I know military takes an oath ... I haven't seen where the civilians do (as part of enlistment?).  Aren't they purely partisan D and R people?  That seems to be the case now.  Back in the old days, military people commonly refused even to register to vote, because that contradicted their oath as a deviation from neutrality.

If you support the Constitution, did you support all the unconstitutional shit the government has been doing since 1950?

Well, you are wrong (surprise, surprise).  Govt workers sign an oath to support the Constitution.  The President is merely the temporary head of the Executive branch and his powers are limited (something Dear Fuherious Trump does not yet understand). 

And the Constitution is what the Supreme Court says it is.  And adjusted by Congress in limited ways.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 28, 2018, 08:35:07 AM
Well, you are wrong (surprise, surprise).  Govt workers sign an oath to support the Constitution.  The President is merely the temporary head of the Executive branch and his powers are limited (something Dear Fuherious Trump does not yet understand). 

And the Constitution is what the Supreme Court says it is.  And adjusted by Congress in limited ways.

Well, in that case fire every politically registered Federal worker ... for treason to the Constitution.  Political parties are the original treason.  I would never trust a D or an R to support anything, other than selfish partisan politics.  As far as I can tell, there is no partisan activity in our offices ... but I hear it is quite different in the FBI.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 28, 2018, 02:09:57 PM
Well, in that case fire every politically registered Federal worker ... for treason to the Constitution.  Political parties are the original treason.  I would never trust a D or an R to support anything, other than selfish partisan politics.  As far as I can tell, there is no partisan activity in our offices ... but I hear it is quite different in the FBI.

Political parties are not treasonous.  You mistake the Civil Service for pre WWII days of  partisan office-seekers.  I entered in via merit and left it the same.  We had all parties in in it, but that was kept personal.  You may be thinkig of those high-ranking appointees.  We were subjected to those losers too often and more at the end of my career than at the start.

I can go into detail about that, but it sure won't improve your argument any..

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 28, 2018, 02:23:30 PM
Political parties are not treasonous.  You mistake the Civil Service for pre WWII days of  partisan office-seekers.  I entered in via merit and left it the same.  We had all parties in in it, but that was kept personal.  You may be thinkig of those high-ranking appointees.  We were subjected to those losers too often and more at the end of my career than at the start.

I can go into detail about that, but it sure won't improve your argument any..

To Vogon at the lower levels of pencil pushing to have enough verve to be partisan? ;-)  Yes, the appointees are ... an embarrassment.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.