News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Middle School in Damascus ...

Started by Baruch, February 07, 2018, 11:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUDxznlkm6Y

Long, and in more than on part, but interested parties can skip thru.  A public Muslim girl's school and a public mixed religion boy's school.  This is a few years ago, before the Civil War in Syria.  They were dealing with Iraqi refugees, who ... weren't yet being funneled to Europe ... nor were there Syrian refugees ... nor were there job seekers from farther away taking advantage of the human trafficking.  I cannot find it in my heart to fear or hate any of these children., though now they are young adults.  Though of course I would prefer them home in Syria or Iraq.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 07, 2018, 11:15:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUDxznlkm6Y

Long, and in more than on part, but interested parties can skip thru.  A public Muslim girl's school and a public mixed religion boy's school.  This is a few years ago, before the Civil War in Syria.  They were dealing with Iraqi refugees, who ... weren't yet being funneled to Europe ... nor were there Syrian refugees ... nor were there job seekers from farther away taking advantage of the human trafficking.  I cannot find it in my heart to fear or hate any of these children., though now they are young adults.  Though of course I would prefer them home in Syria or Iraq.

All should be at home peacefully.  The anger that they are not should be directed to those who most directly cause the events.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 09, 2018, 05:18:18 AM
All should be at home peacefully.  The anger that they are not should be directed to those who most directly cause the events.

Are you fueled by anger?  Do you need to tank up?  Why does the US have 11+ unauthorized bases (maybe small ones) in Syria, without the invitation of the Syrian government?  I wish the US was innocent ... that would simplify the blame considerably.  Of course bad things happen, even if the US isn't involved.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 09, 2018, 06:46:56 AM
Are you fueled by anger?  Do you need to tank up?  Why does the US have 11+ unauthorized bases (maybe small ones) in Syria, without the invitation of the Syrian government?  I wish the US was innocent ... that would simplify the blame considerably.  Of course bad things happen, even if the US isn't involved.

What part of my post suggested to you that I was either angry or "need to tank up" (whatever that means)?

Baruch

Never fear ... USAF splatted some Russian special forces/Russian mercs on 2/7 ... with B52, F22 and C-130 gunships.  Some say the Russians suffered 100+ casualties in a battalion sized force (500+) that was advancing on one of the positions of our Syrian rebel friends.  Feel sorry for those guys ... Syria has no jungle to hide in.  Reminds me of the Christmas bombing of Hanoi.  Putin is stuck, in plausible deniability ... but the USAF admitted to it on-line.  Casualties were returned to Moscow for treatment.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 18, 2018, 08:16:54 PM
Never fear ... USAF splatted some Russian special forces/Russian mercs on 2/7 ... with B52, F22 and C-130 gunships.  Some say the Russians suffered 100+ casualties in a battalion sized force (500+) that was advancing on one of the positions of our Syrian rebel friends.  Feel sorry for those guys ... Syria has no jungle to hide in.  Reminds me of the Christmas bombing of Hanoi.  Putin is stuck, in plausible deniability ... but the USAF admitted to it on-line.  Casualties were returned to Moscow for treatment.

Considering the way the Russians played games in our past elections, and are pushing to advance into the Middle East to create even more dictatorial dictatorships, a smack on the nose doesn't upset me.  I wouldn't mind a few other actions. 

The Russians have large land forces, but they also have a history of incompetent inefficiency where they don't have UTTER social control.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2018, 03:04:25 AM
Considering the way the Russians played games in our past elections, and are pushing to advance into the Middle East to create even more dictatorial dictatorships, a smack on the nose doesn't upset me.  I wouldn't mind a few other actions. 

The Russians have large land forces, but they also have a history of incompetent inefficiency where they don't have UTTER social control.

The Russians do what everyone does, including the US.  We are an open society, open to bribery and mass hallucination.  We also support dictatorships.  So you and I grew up in an era. when we believed that Russians put the legs of their pants on, two legs at a time.  Still believe it?

http://www.airforcemag.com/Features/Pages/2018/February%202018/B-52s-F-22s-AC-130s-Respond-to-Unprovoked-Attack-in-Syria.aspx

Of course everything the government, or any private corporation says ... is marketing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2018, 06:50:55 AM
The Russians do what everyone does, including the US.  We are an open society, open to bribery and mass hallucination.  We also support dictatorships.  So you and I grew up in an era. when we believed that Russians put the legs of their pants on, two legs at a time.  Still believe it?

Both legs at a time?  Of course.  You don't?  I sit on the edge of my bed each morning and pull my pants on both legs.  It's much more efficient and quite frankly, never occurred to me to do otherwise.. 

As far as the Russians go, well that is what they do, you just have to play the game better against them.  That's why I posted the chess top 10 list previously.  They aren't as good at the game as they used to be.  TROTW is catching up.

We nailed their "experts" at political tricks and we got farther into THEIR system than they dreamed we could.  Putin is sleeping badly today.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2018, 07:00:39 AM
Both legs at a time?  Of course.  You don't?  I sit on the edge of my bed each morning and pull my pants on both legs.  It's much more efficient and quite frankly, never occurred to me to do otherwise.. 

As far as the Russians go, well that is what they do, you just have to play the game better against them.  That's why I posted the chess top 10 list previously.  They aren't as good at the game as they used to be.  TROTW is catching up.

We nailed their "experts" at political tricks and we got farther into THEIR system than they dreamed we could.  Putin is sleeping badly today.

See this is why I like you so much.  Sometimes you actually display the maturity that is appropriate for your age ;-)

Did you see my post on a chess game by Karl Marx?  I didn't put it in the game section.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2018, 07:03:38 AM
See this is why I like you so much.  Sometimes you actually display the maturity that is appropriate for your age ;-)

Did you see my post on a chess game by Karl Marx?  I didn't put it in the game section.

I saw the game and followed it.  As far as I can tell, Marx was a decent amateur, but I could take him.  I also posted about it somewhere...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2018, 07:12:08 AM
I saw the game and followed it.  As far as I can tell, Marx was a decent amateur, but I could take him.  I also posted about it somewhere...

Saw it later.  I am no chess expert, but he seemed to play in the wide open aggressive style, of the early modern period, and HS students ;-)  That is a more fun game.  Too much defensive play is boring.  Depends on if you value the destination or the trip.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2018, 07:14:06 AM
Saw it later.  I am no chess expert, but he seemed to play in the wide open aggressive style, of the early modern period, and HS students ;-)  That is a more fun game.  Too much defensive play is boring.  Depends on if you value the destination or the trip.

Ask Mr.Obvious about my chess game...