How did they all become the Brady Bunch?

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, February 07, 2018, 11:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Cavebear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 07, 2018, 11:14:16 PM
Mike and Carol murdered each others spouses .. Craig Pittman of Slate explains.. https://slate.com/culture/2018/02/the-brady-bunch-theory-mike-and-carol-brady-murdered-each-others-spouses.html

Who were, coincidentally named Carol and Mike.  The neighborhood Association meetings became so confusing with the names (2 other neighbors being named Bob&Carol&Ted&Alice), that the whole place went out of whack with people building fences 6" too high and using 20 watts too many Xmas lights!

It all came to a head (or was afoot) when a note on the door of Bob&Carol said, "we are leaving for Tahiti" and Ted&Alice were found in the Bob&Carol compost bin.

Bob&Carol never went to Tahiti, of course.  Rumor says they are holed up in a Survivor Camp in Montana.  The new owners say garden is growing great with the new compost and they are adopting many children soon...

AP 2028
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

AllPurposeAtheist

Too bad they haven't done the remake explaining the murders.. Might make for a great film noir flick..

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on February 09, 2018, 05:35:16 AMRumor says they are holed up in a Survivor Camp in Montana.   
I have a couple of friends who moved to Montana when Obama was elected. They finally got their "dream house" build last summer. This fall a bear moved under their deck to take advantage of the year-round hot tub's incidental heating. The Fish and Wildlife people won't let them move the bear, they think she's preggers. Barbecues on the deck have been canceled. The F&W people predict that she will be back next year even if they try to fortify the under deck area.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Well, they may have to become dental floss tycoons.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 09, 2018, 09:49:00 AM
I have a couple of friends who moved to Montana when Obama was elected. They finally got their "dream house" build last summer. This fall a bear moved under their deck to take advantage of the year-round hot tub's incidental heating. The Fish and Wildlife people won't let them move the bear, they think she's preggers. Barbecues on the deck have been canceled. The F&W people predict that she will be back next year even if they try to fortify the under deck area.
Well they're geniuses.. My friend Willy George built his house right at the southern end of Ravali valley looking both north, a LONG way up and across the valley with 2 large windows..great views.. Anyways a rather large male grizzly decided to invite himself to dinner one night so Willy unloaded his 30/06 and chased the creature away, but never did find the leftovers. It wondered off and never returned..
The door that the bear took down was about 6" thick and made quick work of removing it from the hinges..
Willy himself was a BIG man, about 6'6" and if I had to guess around 300 lbs, but he told me he'd never been so scared of any living thing than that bear..
One wondered by our window when I was in Job Corps in Darby one night. The window was above eye level from outside, but the bear didn't seem to have any problems looking in from all 4s..  Try to imagine 20 young men, all thinking they're tough guys simultaneously pissing their pants at the same time..Even though the bear just wandered off and caused no harm there was still 20 of us not knowing whether to shit or go blind.. lol
I don't care who you are or how tough you think you are a full grown grizzly up close will scare the shit out of you every single time..lol

Baruch

One of my coworkers went on an easy hunt up in Alaska.  They ran into a Kodiak bear by mistake.  They shot it dead.  But the photo showed that the head of the bear was as big as a VW bug.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 09, 2018, 03:19:04 PM
Well they're geniuses.. My friend Willy George built his house right at the southern end of Ravali valley looking both north, a LONG way up and across the valley with 2 large windows..great views.. Anyways a rather large male grizzly decided to invite himself to dinner one night so Willy unloaded his 30/06 and chased the creature away, but never did find the leftovers. It wondered off and never returned..
The door that the bear took down was about 6" thick and made quick work of removing it from the hinges..
Willy himself was a BIG man, about 6'6" and if I had to guess around 300 lbs, but he told me he'd never been so scared of any living thing than that bear..
One wondered by our window when I was in Job Corps in Darby one night. The window was above eye level from outside, but the bear didn't seem to have any problems looking in from all 4s..  Try to imagine 20 young men, all thinking they're tough guys simultaneously pissing their pants at the same time..Even though the bear just wandered off and caused no harm there was still 20 of us not knowing whether to shit or go blind.. lol
I don't care who you are or how tough you think you are a full grown grizzly up close will scare the shit out of you every single time..lol
Often heard at Yellowstone: "Move closer to the grizzly, honey, so I can a picture of you with it!"
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Well, that might work if there were grizzlies in Yellowstone, but there aren't.   

:super:
God Not Found

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 11, 2018, 06:10:10 PM
Well, that might work if there were grizzlies in Yellowstone, but there aren't.   

:super:
They were around in western Montana back in the 70s.. Huge beasts with horrendous breath.. If you ever run across one in the wild don't.. If you survive you won't soon forget the lingering aroma of bear breath.. lol

AllPurposeAtheist

So back to how they all became the Brady Bunch.. We're the kids clued into the flakey parents criminal pasts?
The eldest son banging his fictional mother later on and the creepy kid Cindy... jeeez.. She turned out to be a piece of work later on.. I recently learned that the house they supposedly lived in never had a toilet like most sitcoms of the era.. I guess they all just shit in the fake plastic bushes or maybe just in the corner.. I'm voting for the corner..

Unbeliever

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 12, 2018, 12:23:38 AM
They were around in western Montana back in the 70s.. Huge beasts with horrendous breath.. If you ever run across one in the wild don't.. If you survive you won't soon forget the lingering aroma of bear breath.. lol
Grizzlies should wear a t-shirt that says "If you're close enough to smell my breath, you're too close"! :)
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 09, 2018, 07:41:20 PM
One of my coworkers went on an easy hunt up in Alaska.  They ran into a Kodiak bear by mistake.  They shot it dead.  But the photo showed that the head of the bear was as big as a VW bug.

One has to wonder at the small model of a VW bug they must have looked at...  "The largest bear ever killed in North America was from Kodiak Island, with a total skull size of 78.1 cm (30.7 in)" .  Hardly a VW.

Why do you post such crap?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 13, 2018, 12:21:48 AM
One has to wonder at the small model of a VW bug they must have looked at...  "The largest bear ever killed in North America was from Kodiak Island, with a total skull size of 78.1 cm (30.7 in)" .  Hardly a VW.

Why do you post such crap?

I saw the picture, and it wasn't a skull, it had the fur on.  To the guys who had to shoot it, it probably looked as big a a Peterbuilt ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 13, 2018, 06:00:18 AM
I saw the picture, and it wasn't a skull, it had the fur on.  To the guys who had to shoot it, it probably looked as big a a Peterbuilt ;-)

Well, sure, I would want a bazooka, but 30" still isn't remotely like a VW bug.