News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Feminist Fight Club

Started by pr126, February 05, 2018, 12:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 05, 2018, 08:54:34 PM
as say, there is a major difference between laws in place having the same equal rights between genders, and the opinions of people who conflict with those laws, But with those laws in place the standards in society shift over time to it being the state of normal. imagine if today someone tried to make sure black people could only drink from one water fountain compared to white people, there wouldn't just be an outcry, the law itself would tear them a new asshole.

The law only does what the CIA or MI6 want it to do.  You are slaves, arguing over who is going to be picking the cotton.  Look in the mirror, it is You!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on February 05, 2018, 08:54:34 PM
as say, there is a major difference between laws in place having the same equal rights between genders, and the opinions of people who conflict with those laws, But with those laws in place the standards in society shift over time to it being the state of normal. imagine if today someone tried to make sure black people could only drink from one water fountain compared to white people, there wouldn't just be an outcry, the law itself would tear them a new asshole.
Most definitely.  But the trick is to do it de facto, not de jure.  White flight/redlining/racial steering -> segregated populations -> segregated facilities.  And with the bonus of plausible deniability.

We live in an age where equality is there on paper, but not so much in reality.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 06, 2018, 12:13:28 AM
Most definitely.  But the trick is to do it de facto, not de jure.  White flight/redlining/racial steering -> segregated populations -> segregated facilities.  And with the bonus of plausible deniability.

We live in an age where equality is there on paper, but not so much in reality.

In empiricism, reality rules, not idealism.  Idealists always push a rope, and fail at it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I don't really care how other peoples' brains are wired regarding sexuality interests other than some curiousity about how that is caused.  I've met people of most all desires, and I regard their desires (regrading other adults) legitimate.  Ya want what ya want.  Ya need what ya need.  Sometimes ya get both.

The mind is complicated.  Sometimes it develops so that a person likes things that aren't "standard".  Everyone has something about themselves that is unusual.  I think there is space in a world of 7 billion people for some variation. 

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!