News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

World Hijab Day

Started by pr126, February 03, 2018, 11:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 12, 2018, 11:52:13 AM

I'm sorry, but to see atheists defend someone who appointed a theocrat as their VP and an anti-education woman as the head of education, and a gay man defend a president who is anti-LGBT and defend neo max is... to see those two then accuse everyone else of being blinded by politics or just being ideologues would be laughable if it wasn't becoming the norm.

Well you are pretty blind if you think anyone here is defending him. Ever consider its just entertaining to see the insane shit he does, and the way people react to it is just as entertaining?

also being an atheist doesn't account for where someone stands politically, hadn't you realized that yet?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Saying it's too early to have an opinion about him isn't defending him?

Right.

And yes, I realise that; just like being black, gay, a woman, etc. doesn't mean you won't vote against your own self interest for anti-women, anti-gay, racist politicians just because they agree with you on some niche issues, or defend those people as an overall package.

I'm not saying that doesn't happen, I'm saying it is, politely, fucking retarded.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 12, 2018, 05:27:43 PM
Saying it's too early to have an opinion about him isn't defending him?

Right.

And yes, I realise that; just like being black, gay, a woman, etc. doesn't mean you won't vote against your own self interest for anti-women, anti-gay, racist politicians just because they agree with you on some niche issues, or defend those people as an overall package.

I'm not saying that doesn't happen, I'm saying it is, politely, fucking retarded.

As retarded as people defending pedophiles because of it being 'progressive' to do so? And yes, those on the right do it too, its retarded either side of the coin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJZWNkJrKJc

Maybe I should write a comedy show called mohammad and friends, about the prophet coming to america with his underage wives and the hi-jinx from living in modern america dealing with that.

Shiranu

"As retarded as people defending pedophiles because of it being 'progressive' to do so? "

I don't think it was progressives voting for Roy Moore...

Joking aside, at least in American politics, there aren't any such "progressives" in power, nor anywhere near power. The same can't be said of racist, sexist, theocratic politicians.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 12, 2018, 07:37:30 PM
"As retarded as people defending pedophiles because of it being 'progressive' to do so? "

I don't think it was progressives voting for Roy Moore...

Joking aside, at least in American politics, there aren't any such "progressives" in power, nor anywhere near power. The same can't be said of racist, sexist, theocratic politicians.

With Tulsi Gabbard in the Army reserve, and Rep Ellison being Muslim ... nope, no real progressive.  Lots of liars though.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 09, 2018, 07:29:17 AM
You hibernate too much ;-)  You went thru LBJ and Nixon ... and are an atheist, yet you think that Trump is the anti-Christ? (rhetorical question)

I don't think Trump is "the anti-christ", as I don't think there was ever actually a christ.  Atheists believe in neither.

But I DO think Trump is an imbecilic, narcissist, misogynist, wanna-be-dictator, who can't say a complete sentence without lying, or insulting, or  deliberately trying to tear down generally-beneficial government agencies and programs, and who can't sit down long enough to listen to (never mind READ) standard governmental briefings on matters a President SHOULD be informed about.

And that is being KIND to him...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 12, 2018, 11:35:15 PM
I don't think Trump is "the anti-christ", as I don't think there was ever actually a christ.  Atheists believe in neither.

But I DO think Trump is an imbecilic, narcissist, misogynist, wanna-be-dictator, who can't say a complete sentence without lying, or insulting, or  deliberately trying to tear down generally-beneficial government agencies and programs, and who can't sit down long enough to listen to (never mind READ) standard governmental briefings on matters a President SHOULD be informed about.

And that is being KIND to him...

Yes, but us Brights will never be numerous to elect anyone more important than the local chess club president ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 13, 2018, 05:47:14 AM
Yes, but us Brights will never be numerous to elect anyone more important than the local chess club president ;-)

Remembered that, did you?  LOL!  So much for my applying for the Secretary Of Staff position...

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Shiranu on February 12, 2018, 07:37:30 PM
"As retarded as people defending pedophiles because of it being Joking aside, at least in American politics, there aren't any such "progressives" in power, nor anywhere near power. The same can't be said of racist, sexist, theocratic politicians.

Omarosa: 'We would be begging for the days of Trump if Pence became president'

http://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/332573002

Former White House staffer Omarosa Manigault Newman has a warning for Trump haters longing for an impeachment: Be careful what you wish for. You could end up with Mike Pence, whom she describes as "scary" and "extreme." ...

"As bad as y’all think Trump is, you would be worried about Pence," she told her housemates on CBS' Big Brother: Celebrity Edition. "Everybody that's wishing for impeachment might want to reconsider their life. We would be begging for days of Trump if Pence became president, that’s all I’m saying. He’s extreme."

Laughing, the minister's wife added, "I'm Christian, I love Jesus, but he thinks Jesus tells him to say things. I'm like, 'Jesus didn't say that.' "

Munch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on February 13, 2018, 02:21:53 PM
Omarosa: 'We would be begging for the days of Trump if Pence became president'

http://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/332573002

Former White House staffer Omarosa Manigault Newman has a warning for Trump haters longing for an impeachment: Be careful what you wish for. You could end up with Mike Pence, whom she describes as "scary" and "extreme." ...

"As bad as y’all think Trump is, you would be worried about Pence," she told her housemates on CBS' Big Brother: Celebrity Edition. "Everybody that's wishing for impeachment might want to reconsider their life. We would be begging for days of Trump if Pence became president, that’s all I’m saying. He’s extreme."

Laughing, the minister's wife added, "I'm Christian, I love Jesus, but he thinks Jesus tells him to say things. I'm like, 'Jesus didn't say that.' "

which is something trump haters just don't seem to take into account. They think if trumps removed, pence will go too? Not how it works, sorry. Trump might be a clown, but he's the clown keeping the fire breather from burning everyone right now, which he probably knew, how better to keep impeachment then having someone worse then you as the result

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on February 13, 2018, 03:29:31 PM
which is something trump haters just don't seem to take into account. They think if trumps removed, pence will go too? Not how it works, sorry. Trump might be a clown, but he's the clown keeping the fire breather from burning everyone right now, which he probably knew, how better to keep impeachment then having someone worse then you as the result

I take that into account.  As Agnew had to go before Nixon, Pence would have to go before Trump.  Unless things got REALLY desperate.

Mermaid

Quote from: Munch on February 13, 2018, 03:29:31 PM
which is something trump haters just don't seem to take into account. They think if trumps removed, pence will go too?
Nobody thinks that. Why would you assume everyone who wants Trump removed is a blithering moron? That won't serve you well.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Quote from: Mermaid on February 15, 2018, 01:50:20 PM
Nobody thinks that. Why would you assume everyone who wants Trump removed is a blithering moron? That won't serve you well.

All that would serve me is entertainment, because as someone not from america thats all it would be. At worst I'm give a frown to whatever mike pence would do, at best I'd just laugh at the people who wanted trump out and got him in. And I'd do it over here in the uk, where having a deeply conservative leader over there doesn't effect much here.

Mermaid

Quote from: Munch on February 15, 2018, 02:09:04 PM
All that would serve me is entertainment, because as someone not from america thats all it would be. At worst I'm give a frown to whatever mike pence would do, at best I'd just laugh at the people who wanted trump out and got him in. And I'd do it over here in the uk, where having a deeply conservative leader over there doesn't effect much here.
Apparently you missed what I said so I'll clarify it: Assuming you are smarter than everyone else will not serve you well.

So happy you find it all so entertaining.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Shiranu

Seriously, a country of 300 million people being run by a theocract (a country that coincidently is extremely relevant to your life since we are the second most powerful country in the world and thus dictates your economy and who your government has to kiss ass to)... is funny?

I love that Europeans are sitting back laughing at our situation. Just know if we go down, we will bring you fuckers down with us...