News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

World Hijab Day

Started by pr126, February 03, 2018, 11:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Muslim Student Tries To Get Another Student Expelled For Refusing To Wear A Hijab
QuoteA Muslim student tried to get another student expelled Thursday, which was World Hijab Day, after the second student refused to wear a hijab.

A Muslim student at the University of Central Florida said that she invited fellow student Kathy Zhu to try on a hijab, reported Twitchy. After Zhu declined her offer, the Muslim student, identified by Zhu to The Daily Caller News Foundation as UCF health sciences student Rayyan Sukkarieh, took to Twitter, posting “let’s get this girl expelled.”

Zhu showed pictures on Twitter of the UCF World Hijab Day booth, which displayed Sukkarieh, as well as signs reading “free headscarfs” and “my hijab is a symbol of understanding.”

Iran Arrests 29 Women As Headscarf Protests Intensify
QuoteTEHRAN, IRAN:  Tehran police have arrested 29 women for appearing in public without a headscarf as protests against the dress code in force since the Islamic revolution of 1979 intensify, Iranian media reported Friday.

Those arrested were accused of public order offences and referred to the state prosecutor's office, the Fars, ILNA and Tasnim news agencies reported without elaborating.

Chief prosecutor Mohammad Jafar Montazeri had played down the escalating protests on Wednesday, saying they were "trivial" and "childish" moves possibly incited by foreigners.

He had been asked about a woman detained earlier this week for standing on a pillar box in a busy street without the mandatory headscarf.

Unprecedented images of at least 11 women protesting the same way had been widely shared on social media.

A prominent human rights lawyer told AFP on Tuesday that one of the detained women had her bail set at more than $100,000 (80,000 euros).

Draconic Aiur

SATAN LAUGHING SPREADS HIS WINGS

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

We did pranks too in fraternity, in college.  I bet the sororities did similar things.  These crazy kids, without them, I would have gotten away with the caper in my stupid disguise.

Of course, in Iran, it is the law, not a matter of choice.  You aren't advocating disobedience to the law, are you pr126?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

They were surprisingly accurate in representing the hijab as a choice, by choosing to try to punish the girl who didn't participate.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Cavebear

More respect to those who resist ethnic rules...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Women around the world burn their hijabs in protest against the headscarf as report shows half of Iranians think nobody should be made to wear them
QuoteVideos showing women burning the hijab are being posted on social media in solidarity with a protest movement against enforced headscarf in Iran.

Posted online with the hashtag #NoHijabDay, a response to last week's World Hijab Day event, the videos show women removing their headscarves and setting them on fire in front of the camera.

It comes as the Iranian government released a report showing that half of the population do not believe that the state should dictate what women wear, despite dozens of arrests this month.

Mermaid

Quote#REALFEMINIST burn hijabs, not wearing it.

What else does a real feminist do, you big strong man? I need you to tell me.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

pr126

Quote from: Mermaid on February 07, 2018, 10:30:53 AM
What else does a real feminist do, you big strong man? I need you to tell me.

They fight real oppressions, not perceived ones.

BTW, those #REALFEMINIST are Muslims.

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on February 07, 2018, 10:37:49 AM
They fight real oppressions, not perceived ones.

Oh, fake oppression? Tell me more about what women experience, I need you to explain it to me.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

pr126

Quote from: Mermaid on February 07, 2018, 10:40:40 AM
Oh, fake oppression? Tell me more about what women experience, I need you to explain it to me.
Get lost.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on February 07, 2018, 10:37:49 AM

What? I thought Islam was unchangeable and unquestionable, and anyone who says otherwise is not a #TrueMuslim...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

The first victims of Islam are the Muslims themselves.

Since 1948 10 million Muslims were killed by fellow Muslims for not being Muslim enough.

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on February 07, 2018, 10:43:38 AM
Get lost.
Why? I have things to learn from you. Plus, aren't you here to have a dialog? Or are you only interested in validation of your complaining about feminists?

Shiranu

Funny how pr will cry about people trying to silence him, but on the drop of a hat will tell anyone who disagrees with him that they need to shut up and leave a thread on a public forum...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur