News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

World Hijab Day

Started by pr126, February 03, 2018, 11:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on February 09, 2018, 04:46:54 AM
I won't.  We have never had a failed Presidency like Trump's.  Clinton would have at least managed a government...

And actually, I don't know who either of those people (Jordan Peterson and Kathy Newman) are.
I think it is too early to judge.

Munch

Quote from: pr126 on February 09, 2018, 06:06:55 AM

Insert pet peeve, people who say someone in a position of power is the worst one yet, when they've not even completed their role, and you have a history book of people in that position who have done worse.

People saying trumps the worst, would be say the exact same thing 50, 70, 100 years ago to whoever was president then
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 09, 2018, 04:46:54 AM
I won't.  We have never had a failed Presidency like Trump's.  Clinton would have at least managed a government...

And actually, I don't know who either of those people (Jordan Peterson and Kathy Newman) are.

You hibernate too much ;-)  You went thru LBJ and Nixon ... and are an atheist, yet you think that Trump is the anti-Christ? (rhetorical question)

I don't care for him either, but people our age should show some perspective, particularly compared to historical situations to compare to.

If the American people are sufficiently partisan, then a civil war will happen.  It did once before.  And no, neither Trump nor Lincoln were responsible for it.  They just lived in interesting times (Chinese curse).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 09, 2018, 02:11:12 AM
If there is nothing to argue, them where is any difference between sides?

Two evil sides argue all the time ... they are evil.

As a partisan for Hillary, you are like a partisan for LBJ ... who doesn't get what is happening in Vietnam.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

People are manipulated by the media. They are not reporters but opinion shapers.
The media is owned by the left.

Mermaid

Quote from: Munch on February 08, 2018, 05:34:29 PM

Western feminists have been trying to make it a symbol of feminism,
That's complete bullshit.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Quote from: Cavebear on February 09, 2018, 01:36:42 AM
I think an error that protest groups make is insulting people who are trying to understand (maybe even poorly).  Educating is better than insult.  When someone doesn't understand the fullness of another's concerns, insults can drive them away.
Mansplaining to women about what feminism is doesn't help either.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Shiranu

Quote from: Cavebear on February 09, 2018, 01:36:42 AM
I think an error that protest groups make is insulting people who are trying to understand (maybe even poorly).  Educating is better than insult.  When someone doesn't understand the fullness of another's concerns, insults can drive them away.

Pr is not even remotely interested in understanding. Trust me, even when I agreed with him many years ago, he wasn't even remotely interested in understanding. He is just a broken record, repeating himself over, and over, and over....
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on February 09, 2018, 08:01:07 AM
People are manipulated by the media. They are not reporters but opinion shapers.
The media is owned by the left.

Owned by the Deep State, which owns both the Right and the Left.  Good cop/bad cop works.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on February 09, 2018, 09:39:46 AM
Mansplaining to women about what feminism is doesn't help either.

Yes, only ask hardened Stalinists about the benefits of Communism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: pr126 on February 12, 2018, 08:41:28 AM
https://www.youtub..e.com/watch?v=pgN0P-fqBkk

It all pretty much stems from the base of where this starts off at, you take women who have been completely indoctrinated by the oppressed culture they live in, trying to normalize it, and that message spreads to western cultures, picked up by fake feminists who have never faught for anything meaningful, and take that indoctrinated message and spin it into a new narrative, that those who don't accept things like the vale are the enemy.

All this stems from religious indoctrination, and the fools who aren't smart enough to pick up on it. Also people like Linda Sarsour very well know this, but go ahead with it because regressive modern feminists are easy to manipulate.

It also stems from the fact morons in these 'progressive' groups can't separate the hijab from the people, thinking if they don't include it in making shit like hijab barbie, that it might be seen as racist not including that aspect of their culture, despite it being the most subjective aspect of their culture women in the middle east want to escape from.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

Pure propaganda.
Women are conditioned to accept the hijab as normal with the help of the useful idiots.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on February 09, 2018, 06:06:55 AM

Except it's really not. Hillary would have been more of the same; that is what both sides hated about her. Trump has been more of the same and worse, so he is objectively worse than what we could have expected from Hillary.

I can't believe you are actually still skwaking that line. Even for you, that is reaching some unexplored territories of head-up-your-own-ass-ism.

In terms of modern presidents, he is easily the worst since Regan, and we are only a year in. He has already proven himself to be anti science, anti education, anti environment and has filled his cabinet almost exclusively with people who are anti what those positions are suppose to do. He has proven himself an enemy to the LGBT community and a huge friend to cronyism and nepotism. That trend isn't likely to 180 in the next 3 years, which simply put statistically puts him on track to be one of the worst presidents ever.

And to  find someone as morally deplorable though, which is a huge part of the presidency, you have to go back to Jackson... and I think even Jackson might have had a little more ethics than Trump does.

I'm sorry, but to see atheists defend someone who appointed a theocrat as their VP and an anti-education woman as the head of education, and a gay man defend a president who is anti-LGBT and defend neo max is... to see those two then accuse everyone else of being blinded by politics or just being ideologues would be laughable if it wasn't becoming the norm.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

I didn't expect much from Trump or Hillary, and I am getting just that ;-)

Hillary and Trump were both pre-selected by the MIC.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.