Author Topic: World Hijab Day  (Read 3367 times)

Offline pr126

World Hijab Day
« on: February 03, 2018, 11:30:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A Muslim student tried to get another student expelled Thursday, which was World Hijab Day, after the second student refused to wear a hijab.

A Muslim student at the University of Central Florida said that she invited fellow student Kathy Zhu to try on a hijab, reported Twitchy. After Zhu declined her offer, the Muslim student, identified by Zhu to The Daily Caller News Foundation as UCF health sciences student Rayyan Sukkarieh, took to Twitter, posting “let’s get this girl expelled.”

Zhu showed pictures on Twitter of the UCF World Hijab Day booth, which displayed Sukkarieh, as well as signs reading “free headscarfs” and “my hijab is a symbol of understanding.”

TEHRAN, IRAN:  Tehran police have arrested 29 women for appearing in public without a headscarf as protests against the dress code in force since the Islamic revolution of 1979 intensify, Iranian media reported Friday.

Those arrested were accused of public order offences and referred to the state prosecutor's office, the Fars, ILNA and Tasnim news agencies reported without elaborating.

Chief prosecutor Mohammad Jafar Montazeri had played down the escalating protests on Wednesday, saying they were "trivial" and "childish" moves possibly incited by foreigners.

He had been asked about a woman detained earlier this week for standing on a pillar box in a busy street without the mandatory headscarf.

Unprecedented images of at least 11 women protesting the same way had been widely shared on social media.

A prominent human rights lawyer told AFP on Tuesday that one of the detained women had her bail set at more than $100,000 (80,000 euros).

"Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their free will."
 - Joseph Goebbels

Cognitive-dissonance is fighting for women's rights and LBGT rights while defending Islam and Muslims against "Islamophobia".

Offline Draconic Aiur

Re: World Hijab Day
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 03:35:27 AM »
SATAN LAUGHING SPREADS HIS WINGS

Offline Munch

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 04:07:01 AM »

Offline Baruch

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 08:08:32 AM »
We did pranks too in fraternity, in college.  I bet the sororities did similar things.  These crazy kids, without them, I would have gotten away with the caper in my stupid disguise.

Of course, in Iran, it is the law, not a matter of choice.  You aren't advocating disobedience to the law, are you pr126?
𐎍𐎜𐎜𐎟𐎌𐎀𐎍𐎎𐎀𐎀𐎚𐎀𐎟𐎍𐎜𐎜𐎟𐎁𐎀𐎍𐎉𐎀𐎀𐎚𐎀
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

Offline Jason Harvestdancer

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 09:36:56 PM »
They were surprisingly accurate in representing the hijab as a choice, by choosing to try to punish the girl who didn't participate.
Watch my fanfilm

Film the sequel

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 11:47:41 PM »
More respect to those who resist ethnic rules...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline pr126

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 10:05:27 AM »
Videos showing women burning the hijab are being posted on social media in solidarity with a protest movement against enforced headscarf in Iran.

Posted online with the hashtag #NoHijabDay, a response to last week's World Hijab Day event, the videos show women removing their headscarves and setting them on fire in front of the camera.

It comes as the Iranian government released a report showing that half of the population do not believe that the state should dictate what women wear, despite dozens of arrests this month.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 10:29:53 AM by pr126 »
"Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their free will."
 - Joseph Goebbels

Cognitive-dissonance is fighting for women's rights and LBGT rights while defending Islam and Muslims against "Islamophobia".

Offline Mermaid

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 10:30:53 AM »
#REALFEMINIST burn hijabs, not wearing it.

What else does a real feminist do, you big strong man? I need you to tell me.

We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came.

John F. Kennedy

Offline pr126

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 10:37:49 AM »
What else does a real feminist do, you big strong man? I need you to tell me.

They fight real oppressions, not perceived ones.

BTW, those #REALFEMINIST are Muslims.

- Joseph Goebbels

Offline Mermaid

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 10:40:40 AM »
They fight real oppressions, not perceived ones.

Oh, fake oppression? Tell me more about what women experience, I need you to explain it to me.
We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came.

John F. Kennedy

Offline pr126

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 10:43:38 AM »
Oh, fake oppression? Tell me more about what women experience, I need you to explain it to me.
Get lost.
 - Joseph Goebbels

Online Shiranu

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 10:44:11 AM »

What? I thought Islam was unchangeable and unquestionable, and anyone who says otherwise is not a #TrueMuslim...
"Judge a moth by the beauty of its candle." - Rumi

Offline pr126

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 11:06:40 AM »
The first victims of Islam are the Muslims themselves.

Since 1948 10 million Muslims were killed by fellow Muslims for not being Muslim enough.

- Joseph Goebbels

Offline Mermaid

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 11:08:54 AM »
Get lost.
Why? I have things to learn from you. Plus, aren't you here to have a dialog? Or are you only interested in validation of your complaining about feminists?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:10:27 AM by Mermaid »

John F. Kennedy

Online Shiranu

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 11:47:16 AM »
Funny how pr will cry about people trying to silence him, but on the drop of a hat will tell anyone who disagrees with him that they need to shut up and leave a thread on a public forum...
"Judge a moth by the beauty of its candle." - Rumi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk