Banana Republic? The ABSOLUTE STATE OF AMERICAN DEMOCRACY

Started by pr126, February 03, 2018, 10:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Harvestdancer

Ah, the Nunes memo.  Both sides are currently trying to spin it in their favor.

The Republicans are saying "A-ha, this proves what we were trying to say, Obama and Hillary used the FBI against Trump."
The Democrats are saying "This proves nothing, and puts national security at risk in the process."

What it doesn't show is the solid tie to Russia that the Democrats have been conspiracy pushing for over a year.  Or a weak tie.  It does show a made up tie that the FBI agents involved lied to the court about.  The question is if those who told the lies will take a fall or rat out their superiors.  There is little benefit anymore for a Democrat to take a fall for Hillary.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Shiranu

That literally has nothing to do with a banana republic, so that's already knocked his credibility a bit...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on February 03, 2018, 01:29:34 PM
That literally has nothing to do with a banana republic, so that's already knocked his credibility a bit...
You didn't expect sense out of People's Republic, did you?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Shiranu on February 03, 2018, 01:29:34 PM
You really thought a guy with Muslims under his bed and feminists in his closet was going to post a credible video?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Huh?  We are back to the 1920s ... a chicken in every pot, a Model T in every garage ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTTrXAE7OPU
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fencerider

My ex is from Ecuador, so watch it buddy... hehe. I’ll let pr126 take all the bananas that taste like potato; the plantanos, the burros;-)

As the story goes the OIG investigation is going to show that Nunez is a complete idiot. The report by OIG will exhonorate the FBI. (common pr126. The FBI is always expecting their work to end up in somebody’s courtroom. You dont seriously believe that they aren’t doing everything by the book do you?)
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on February 04, 2018, 03:25:00 AM
My ex is from Ecuador, so watch it buddy... hehe. I’ll let pr126 take all the bananas that taste like potato; the plantanos, the burros;-)

As the story goes the OIG investigation is going to show that Nunez is a complete idiot. The report by OIG will exhonorate the FBI. (common pr126. The FBI is always expecting their work to end up in somebody’s courtroom. You dont seriously believe that they aren’t doing everything by the book do you?)

Is that you, J Edgar?  Hope that dress still fits ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

naaah. The Hoover rats have given us a lot of rodent piss over the years, but in this case its clear that Trump is trying to make himself an escape route
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on February 04, 2018, 02:50:19 PM
naaah. The Hoover rats have given us a lot of rodent piss over the years, but in this case its clear that Trump is trying to make himself an escape route

Is that why Obama is looking into the Bush Paraguay plan?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Nixon should have defenestrated the entire FBI in 1972 ... and declared himself dictator for life.  That would spare us the spectacle of a partisan police state.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 06, 2018, 11:11:51 PM
Nixon should have defenestrated the entire FBI in 1972 ... and declared himself dictator for life.  That would spare us the spectacle of a partisan police state.

Thank rationality he didn't!  We would have been Nazis after that.

Or, “Well, Doctor, what have we gotâ€"a Republic or a Monarchy?”

“A Republic, if you can keep it.”  ` Franklin

Let's hope we can keep it after Trump...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 06, 2018, 11:54:15 PM
Thank rationality he didn't!  We would have been Nazis after that.

Or, “Well, Doctor, what have we gotâ€"a Republic or a Monarchy?”

“A Republic, if you can keep it.”  ` Franklin

Let's hope we can keep it after Trump...

It ended in 11/1963 ... but you weren't paying attention, were you?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 07, 2018, 07:02:53 AM

It ended in 11/1963 ... but you weren't paying attention, were you?

DON'T jest about that.  I heard the news in horror and watched the TV until my eyes bled.  11/22/63 is burned into my being like 9/11 is.