News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

This guy's shirt

Started by JCM800, February 02, 2018, 05:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCM800

So I was walking out of Wal-Mart and saw a man wearing a hoodie that read "because reason and science falter". The cringe was very real on my part. Don't even know where to begin. Guess some folks are just lost causes.

Munch

tried to look up any reference to this shirt existing, but can't find it yet. maybe it was some independent company that produced them, along with end of the world shirts.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Sometimes people just wear a shirt and don't care what the shirt might say.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Sal1981

Probably was a custom made shirt, if you can't find it anywhere.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: JCM800 on February 02, 2018, 05:04:18 PM
So I was walking out of Wal-Mart and saw a man wearing a hoodie that read "because reason and science falter". The cringe was very real on my part. Don't even know where to begin. Guess some folks are just lost causes.
Did the other side say "...we have religions"?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sal1981 on February 02, 2018, 05:56:52 PM
Probably was a custom made shirt, if you can't find it anywhere.
I had one of those, said "Shewt Newt". The "e" was at the center of a bull's-eye.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

Sometimes I see a shirt I don't like and then I realize I can always choose to not look at it, if it's really a problem

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 02, 2018, 05:32:19 PM
Sometimes people just wear a shirt and don't care what the shirt might say.

Hey, I do that.  Because I am anti-social.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

JCM800

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 02, 2018, 06:13:34 PM
Sometimes I see a shirt I don't like and then I realize I can always choose to not look at it, if it's really a problem
And nowhere in the post did I say he didn't have the right to wear it. Just remarking on his immeasurable stupidity. I wonder if he has shirts that read: "Homeopathy, because hospitals sometimes falter," or "card board wings, because parachutes sometimes don't deploy"?

aitm

somewhere in some desolate african nation there are several hundred thousand t-shirts proclaiming the Atlanta Falcons won the Super Bowl last year.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

fencerider

Quote from: aitm on February 02, 2018, 10:43:41 PM
somewhere in some desolate african nation there are several hundred thousand t-shirts proclaiming the Atlanta Falcons won the Super Bowl last year.
maybe they use them to wipe the goats down before they milk them.

O.P. maybe if I went to Walmart and had extra time I would ask what he means. If I got somewhere to go I might give him the lazy eye before leaving. If that is all that was on the shirt, he could be talking about religion, or he could be talking about himself. (conspiracy fan: I know stuff that you dont - kind of thing)
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Maybe it was like a custom-made shirt I saw once that said "I'm with stupid" with the hand pointing straight up...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

sdelsolray

Quote from: JCM800 on February 02, 2018, 05:04:18 PM

Why were you at Walmart?

Munch

Quote from: sdelsolray on February 09, 2018, 11:01:09 AM
Why were you at Walmart?

To acquire pixie sticks!!

This is a Wal-Mart thing right?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: sdelsolray on February 09, 2018, 11:01:09 AM
Why were you at Walmart?

Everything is cheaper at Walmart.  Unless at Amazon.  Depends on whether the stuff at Amazon is available Prime.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!