News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

9/11 Conspiracy Theory

Started by cabinetmaker, January 31, 2018, 02:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 08, 2018, 12:13:18 PM
It was not really accurate with anything other than Gibson's ideas.
That's not a surprise.  Gibson is out there on a singular limb.  One of the characters he would occasionally assume in a role was some guy with one whacky affectation or another.  He was good a playing a guy who was more or less running around in circles, just like the guy in Conspiracy Theory.  Of course, he would also have a few endearing qualities because he was the star.  But I get the sense he never had to dig that deep to get into character.

Gawdzilla Sama

I loved how the "black helicopters" could hover over a New York street and drop bad guys without any one around the store even blinking.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 08, 2018, 06:30:49 PM
I loved how the "black helicopters" could hover over a New York street and drop bad guys without any one around the store even blinking.

People making movies do that all the time.  The bystanders are paid to react in a particular way.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 08, 2018, 01:28:43 PM
Which is why the gospels were written in Greek, since they were written by the Roman Flavians. Now there's a good conspiracy theory!

Indeed.  In any case, 250 years later, Christianity was a Roman Government Monopoly ... and has been ever since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIxE332XQqA
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 07, 2018, 02:47:48 PM
Those weren't promoted by lunatic conspiracy advocates, were they?

They aren't conspiracy theories when they are factual and known at the time.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 09, 2018, 02:13:45 AM

Even known facts are disputed.  Less likely true of course.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on February 09, 2018, 02:13:45 AM
This is why I use "conspiracy advocacy" and "conspiracy advocate" rather than "conspiracy theory". The use of "theory" give their slanderous attacks too much dignity.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 09, 2018, 07:59:57 AM
This is why I use "conspiracy advocacy" and "conspiracy advocate" rather than "conspiracy theory". The use of "theory" give their slanderous attacks too much dignity.

There is no slander against the human race, that isn't true.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Non-sequiturs are not mandatory.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 09, 2018, 01:13:12 PM
Non-sequiturs are not mandatory.

I would prefer in politics that political speech not be slanderous, because all the politicians are in FEMA camps, where speaking is strictly verboten.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

If you like conspiracy theories try sticking with the NFL conspiracy theories which are much more believable and retatively easy to pass muster.
One of my favorite sports conspiracy theorists is Brian Tuohy of www.thefixisin.net. He lays it out in real simple terms and on page one asks a real simple question."Would you leave a billion dollar business up to chance?" Of course you wouldn't and neither does the NFL..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Conspiracy advocate almost sounds like someone you could call to represent you when trying to prove or disprove something when applying for some type of government assistance of any sort..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 09, 2018, 04:22:56 PM
If you like conspiracy theories try sticking with the NFL conspiracy theories which are much more believable and retatively easy to pass muster.
One of my favorite sports conspiracy theorists is Brian Tuohy of www.thefixisin.net. He lays it out in real simple terms and on page one asks a real simple question."Would you leave a billion dollar business up to chance?" Of course you wouldn't and neither does the NFL..

Lucha Libre!  Pro-wrestling is for real.  My dad learned this in Mexico City, from actual Mexican wrestlers who hung out at a cafe, back in 1937.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 09, 2018, 04:33:13 PM
Conspiracy advocate almost sounds like someone you could call to represent you when trying to prove or disprove something when applying for some type of government assistance of any sort..

All people on the dole, are in conspiracy against the tax payers ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

People "on the dole" also pay taxes, at least whenever they buy something.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman