News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

9/11 Conspiracy Theory

Started by cabinetmaker, January 31, 2018, 02:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Well, the lunatic may be in the mind of the beholder.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 07, 2018, 02:56:15 PM
Well, the lunatic may be in the mind of the beholder.
Or just plain fact.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

If you think enough random thoughts, some of them are true ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYGUai7PNc
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on February 07, 2018, 09:13:58 PM
If you think enough random thoughts, some of them are true ...
CONSPIRACY THEORY
I liked that movie.  I might buy it just to see if I still like it as much as I did years ago, even though I've mostly boycotted Mel Gibson.  It was like a conspiracy theorist's fantasy.  "You see?  I told you.  I told you so."

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on February 07, 2018, 09:20:37 PM
I liked that movie.  I might buy it just to see if I still like it as much as I did years ago, even though I've mostly boycotted Mel Gibson.  It was like a conspiracy theorist's fantasy.  "You see?  I told you.  I told you so."

Yeah, kind of its own genre.  Who would suspect their dentist is a Nazi war criminal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xBJERznOgA

Operation Paperclip was real.  The US is the 4th Reich.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on February 07, 2018, 09:20:37 PM
even though I've mostly boycotted Mel Gibson. 
Well, Christ!  I said that with a lot of Passion!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 07, 2018, 10:47:11 PM
Well, Christ!  I said that with a lot of Passion!!
The Passion of the Christ!

I always thought that was a somewhat awkward title for a movie, but I suppose it might be awkward enough to make people wonder and get curious.  I never saw the movie.  I read the book.  Didn't enjoy it much, though.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on February 08, 2018, 10:43:46 AM

I always thought that was a somewhat awkward title for a movie, but I suppose it might be awkward enough to make people wonder and get curious.  I never saw the movie.  I read the book.  Didn't enjoy it much, though.
I worked for a prof. of German heritage whose main interest was the Obergamerau Passion Play. Weird, no?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 08, 2018, 10:53:25 AM
I worked for a prof. of German heritage whose main interest was the Obergamerau Passion Play. Weird, no?
Maybe a little, but I suppose I can allow for that as a weird idiosyncrasy.  Was he OK to work for?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on February 08, 2018, 11:05:38 AM
Maybe a little, but I suppose I can allow for that as a weird idiosyncrasy.  Was he OK to work for?
Mork was a very good guy, never saw him angry.
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

I saw it in the theater with a friend who was also a Christian.  He bet me I would not see it.  So I did with he and his son.  But they were not thrilled with my thoughts about if after the movie; it was not really accurate with anything other than Gibson's ideas.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Just propaganda by Mel Gibson, who holds extreme Catholic views.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 08, 2018, 10:53:25 AM

That was key to the rise of Nazis in Germany.  Closely connected with Wagner.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 08, 2018, 12:13:18 PM
I saw it in the theater with a friend who was also a Christian.  He bet me I would not see it.  So I did with he and his son.  But they were not thrilled with my thoughts about if after the movie; it was not really accurate with anything other than Gibson's ideas.

It was good to use Aramaic, but not good to use Latin.  The Romans in that part of the world officially used Greek.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Which is why the gospels were written in Greek, since they were written by the Roman Flavians. Now there's a good conspiracy theory!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman