News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

9/11 Conspiracy Theory

Started by cabinetmaker, January 31, 2018, 02:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

I have seldom seen any "conspiracy theory" that holds up.  Most situations are too easily factually demonstrated.

Conspiracy theories usually involve extremely unlikely events, claims that seem generally disprovable, or even laughable on the basics. 

I worry more about the people who believe in them than I do about the "interesting" ideas themselves.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Here is a current conspiracy theory ...

President Trump is President Putin's fuck toy ;-(  I have two words for that ... Uranium One.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 02, 2018, 01:14:41 PM
Here is a current conspiracy theory ...

President Trump is President Putin's fuck toy ;-(  I have two words for that ... Uranium One.

I judge some people by the things they deny.  If they are provable.

Uranium One is like Benghazi, only less so...

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on February 01, 2018, 09:41:51 PM
I have no doubt there are more than 5 too.  Unfortunately, the link wouldn't work correctly unless I turned off my ad blocker.  I can't even remember what blocker I have installed, and I didn't want to fiddle around trying to figure out how to turn it back on after I read the article.  However, I did want to read it, although I'll accept the existence of the article in and of itself is a vindication of my own suspicions. 
Well, I can list the CTs they have in the link, and you can google, separately, any you think worthwhile:

1. The US Navy fired on North Vietnamese torpedo boats that weren’t even there.

2. The FBI infiltrated, surveilled, and tried to discredit American political groups it deemed “subversive.”

3. US military leaders had a plan to kill innocent people and blame it all on Cuba.

4. The CIA recruited top American journalists to spread propaganda in the media and gather intelligence.

5. The CIA conducted “mind control” experiments on unwitting US and Canadian citizens, some of which were lethal.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 02, 2018, 02:30:08 PM
Well, I can list the CTs they have in the link, and you can google, separately, any you think worthwhile:

1. The US Navy fired on North Vietnamese torpedo boats that weren’t even there.

2. The FBI infiltrated, surveilled, and tried to discredit American political groups it deemed “subversive.”

3. US military leaders had a plan to kill innocent people and blame it all on Cuba.

4. The CIA recruited top American journalists to spread propaganda in the media and gather intelligence.

5. The CIA conducted “mind control” experiments on unwitting US and Canadian citizens, some of which were lethal.

Just an aside, but if you HAVE to read ads to see an article, it's a scam...  Do you buy a ticket to enter a shopping mall?

Unbeliever

I don't see it as much different from watching all those TV commercials over the years.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 02, 2018, 02:48:49 PM
I don't see it as much different from watching all those TV commercials over the years.

They come, they go.    I just change channels.  Seriously, I always have a backup channel like PBS (no commercials). 

Unbeliever

When I had a TV I used to read during commercials. I was often surprised when a word would be said on the TV exactly as I was reading it in my book. I know it's just coincidence, but it was sometimes really spooky.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 02, 2018, 03:05:53 PM
When I had a TV I used to read during commercials. I was often surprised when a word would be said on the TV exactly as I was reading it in my book. I know it's just coincidence, but it was sometimes really spooky.

Coincidences are always fascinating.  Ever changed channels and seen the same commercial on both?  THAT isn't coincedence.

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on February 02, 2018, 02:45:15 PM
Just an aside, but if you HAVE to read ads to see an article, it's a scam...  Do you buy a ticket to enter a shopping mall?
You do (sort of) at Costco and people seem happy to do that.  I'm single, and shopping at Costco is close to break-even in my case, but I have to drive a hundred miles just to get there, so the whole process basically shoots a day, wears out my car a little bit, and requires gas.  A family of four, and you can actually save substantially, but I can't.  But their prices are lower, and even seeing the big picture, I wish it was a benefit.  One other thing, which maybe I focus on as a sour grapes thing, is that they have huge supplies of everything, but if you want soup or many other items, it's a very limited selection.  They have better selection of soup and various items at Walmart.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on February 02, 2018, 01:15:58 AM
Nevermind, I found it.

http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=3569.0

Ah, memories.
Yeah. I notice a few of my posts are yernked. I don't know if it's just me or everyone's seeing it.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Cavebear

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on February 02, 2018, 10:38:43 PM
Yeah. I notice a few of my posts are yernked. I don't know if it's just me or everyone's seeing it.

"yernked"?

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Cavebear on February 07, 2018, 02:27:31 AM
"yernked"?
Messed up. It's also the onomatopoetic when you get a wedgie.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 01, 2018, 06:18:44 PM
Just because something is considered a "conspiracy theory" doesn't necessarily mean it can't be true:

5 US national security-related conspiracy theories that turned out to be true
Those weren't promoted by lunatic conspiracy advocates, were they?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers