News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Womens March 2018

Started by pr126, January 30, 2018, 11:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on January 31, 2018, 03:48:50 PM

Munch, relative privation is a fallacy. It's also not like you lot are generous missionaries working on those much greater problems in the Middle East and Asia.

nope and I've never claimed to be. I'm not seeking external validation, which is all these women marches are, as they never change anything, and just serve to give self satisfaction to those involved.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

Quote from: Mermaid on January 31, 2018, 03:32:57 PM
Yeah, we're never satisfied with what we have. We should probably just sit quietly with our hands folded, earn less than men at comparable jobs, and lose control over our own reproductive healthcare. We need to get OVER IT! You're so right.

http://time.com/3222543/wage-pay-gap-myth-feminism/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcDrE5YvqTs

maybe better to not rely on buzzfeed as your source of information.

Mermaid

Post all the videos you want. It doesn't make it invalid.

There are a lot of men on the internet who spend a lot of time whining about OMG FEMINAZIS!!
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Munch on January 31, 2018, 04:33:51 PM
nope and I've never claimed to be. I'm not seeking external validation, which is all these women marches are, as they never change anything, and just serve to give self satisfaction to those involved.
Fair enough.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Munch

Quote from: Mermaid on January 31, 2018, 04:54:40 PM

of course.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on January 31, 2018, 04:54:40 PM

There are a lot of men on the internet who spend a lot of time whining about OMG FEMINAZIS!!

No woman is ever satisfied with anything ... and neither is any man ;-)  Whining is the definitive characteristic of lack of character, which is a universal characteristic of humanity.  There is no redemption.

Statistics lie.  There are no average men or women.  You can take a random man, and a random woman, at a given point in time, who may or may not be working the same job, and in your Stalinist utopia, you can force them to take the same wages/benefits.  Enjoy Paris, Mrs Robespierre.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on January 31, 2018, 02:33:36 PM
Are you sure? You apparently think you know how everyone thinks. That's how the mind of a fool works.

Pr126 is an optimist.  Would I prefer military dictatorship?  Pinochet for everyone ... it is the Kissinger way.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on January 31, 2018, 03:32:57 PM
Yeah, we're never satisfied with what we have. We should probably just sit quietly with our hands folded, earn less than men at comparable jobs, and lose control over our own reproductive healthcare. We need to get OVER IT! You're so right.

Jealousy of men, which is actually unjustified, is the very basis for Feminist pathology.  I am jealous of no one, I have no envy.  Because I choose not to.  I don't define myself as a victim.  I also don't define myself as a tyrant (though I rhetorically fantasize sometimes).  It is the incompetence of Third Wave Feminism that will lose it all for womankind.  Should have left Pol Pot personality worship alone.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on January 31, 2018, 07:31:18 PM
Jealousy of men, which is actually unjustified, is the very basis for Feminist pathology.  I am jealous of no one, I have no envy.  Because I choose not to.  I don't define myself as a victim.  I also don't define myself as a tyrant (though I rhetorically fantasize sometimes).  It is the incompetence of Third Wave Feminism that will lose it all for womankind.  Should have left Pol Pot personality worship alone.
oh for fucks sake. Are you for real? Are you listening to yourself?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on January 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM
oh for fucks sake. Are you for real? Are you listening to yourself?

But ... you aren't a real Feminist ;-)  Yes, I have experience with women ... some of them are real decent folks.  The men ... I am not so sure about ;-(

Here is a real Feminist ... a Navy Chief (aka god/goddess of enlisted people) ... Go Navy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CthJt-itmkM
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Shiranu on January 31, 2018, 09:35:11 AM1. How do you propose feminists in the West change cultural norms in the Middle East? Shouldn't their attention be predominately turned inward, where they actually have power, instead of outward where they can change nothing? And if they were to turn outward, how many minutes would you give them before everyone jumped on them for "virtue signalling" or wasting their time (point being, it's a lose-lose so focus on what you can at least win somewhat at)?

Doesn't the fact that they actually have power here contradict the purpose of the march?
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

pr126

SJW's only pretend to care about the oppressed minorities.
In reality it is only virtue signalling.

No measurable change for the better in all their efforts. None intended either.
Oppressed minorities are essential for the cause.

They create oppressed groups, sub groups, setting them against one another.
Male v female, blacks v whites, sexualizing children,(see Canada Bill 86) mental illness as normal, then vilifying the dissenters as criminals.

Creating new laws to punish those who disagree. (Canada Bill 103, C-16)
Where will it end?

Otherwise it is a good thread.

Makes some people doubt.
Others are certain that they already know it all.

Shiranu

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 01, 2018, 12:22:29 AM
Doesn't the fact that they actually have power here contradict the purpose of the march?

No.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 01, 2018, 12:22:29 AM

They lack absolute power!  Because men are Dicks! (well guys named Richard anyway).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I read something yesterday intended to be humorous, but it had a good point.  The US is becoming a pariah.  The joke was that the Mexicans WOULD build a wall.  And so would the Canadians...

Get it?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!