News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Womens March 2018

Started by pr126, January 30, 2018, 11:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

PickelledEggs

I couldn't watch too much because once it got to the stoning of that girl... i couldn't handle the violence.

I hate to say I agree with pr, but I have to agree with pr. The shit people protest in the womens march is beyond minuscule. It's a lot of issues that are insanely less important than things where equal rights are not in play. Like in the middle east... I don't know what is said after the point where the girl in the video showed a girl in a video getting stoned to death, but I have to agree with what I saw. Women, while there is still a bit to go for equality in the west, it's pretty close. It's nitpicking now. Not saying that there should not still be progress, but compared to where we REALLY need to put some time and energy in to, it's nothing. Absolutely nothing.

And it's odd. Feminists fucking love islam for some reason....

On a separate note, please give a warning that there is graphic content and that squeamish should watch cautiously. I would rather not see someone get stoned to death.

pr126

QuoteAnd it's odd. Feminists fucking love islam for some reason....
Not odd at all.
The feminist/left/neo-Marxist/globalist and Islam want the same, the destruction of the western civilization.

Islam is the wrecking ball. They are using each other for the same purpose. 

Trump is hated because he stands in the way of the glorious New World Order, another Utopia in the making.

Marx, Engels, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot, all dreamed of utopias. We all know how well they turned out.

Ah, but this time we’ll do it properly!

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on January 31, 2018, 03:38:47 AM
Not odd at all.
The feminist/left/neo-Marxist/globalist and Islam want the same, the destruction of the western civilization.

Trump is hated because he stands in the way of the glorious New World Order, another Utopia in the making.

Marx, Engels, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot, all dreamed of utopias. We all know how well they turned out.

Nothing worse than misapplied ambition, except when done by puritans.  We will all be exactly equal, like worker bees.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Ah, the good old argumentum "It's worse somewhere else, so how dare you complain!".

By all objective standards, it IS worse for women in the Middle East than here; I don't think anyone is going to argue against that. What I want to ask is; so what? By all means, feminists should criticise the treatment of women anywhere that women are not treated equally. But I have to ask two question...

1. How do you propose feminists in the West change cultural norms in the Middle East? Shouldn't their attention be predominately turned inward, where they actually have power, instead of outward where they can change nothing? And if they were to turn outward, how many minutes would you give them before everyone jumped on them for "virtue signalling" or wasting their time (point being, it's a lose-lose so focus on what you can at least win somewhat at)?

2. Does the fact that it is worse for women in the Middle East mean we shouldn't bring attention to the fact that only 1 in 18 rape survivors will successfully bring charges against their rapist? That women are getting stoned in the Middle East means it's okay that women in the United States are denied rights to their body because of Theocrats in our government?

There is starving in Africa, and people in the Congo don't have healthcare and are dying of all sorts of diseases; therefor, it is silly that Americans fight for changes in our culture that protect the homeless and grant access to healthcare for our own people. Same argument, just as silly when you actually put it into words.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hakurei Reimu

I don't really know of anyone who dreamed of a "utopia," except for philosophers speaking in the abstract. However, we have no shortage of people who dream of a life and/or society that works better than the one they are living in. Of course, such changes always require the destruction of the way things were done to make way for the "better way" of doing things. Conservatives don't like that, and while they may be right from time to time, every step forward in humanity's lot is the result of a conservative getting cut off and told, "No, we're changing the way we're doing things."

But what changes to make? Ah, that's the rub.

Bizarre as it may sound, Islam is a sincere attempt to improve the lot of humanity. They're misguided, but they are sincere. It even has some admirable traits, like sobriety. On the other hand, it does advocate the destruction of the free inquiry that lies at the heart of western civilization. Furthermore, the way muslims go about, they don't realize that western civilization is what they are destroying. They confuse the incidentals of western civilization (cars, electronics, refrigerators, economies) with western civilization itself â€" I think they honestly believe that you can add sharia law to western civilization without bringing it crashing down around them.

Same with radical feminism. There is something vicerally appealing to seeing jerks who would take advantage of other human beings get their comeuppance. The problem is that I have good reason to believe that their proposed solutions will not bring about the equality that they imagine, and in many cases, I don't even think they understand what equality they're pursuing. I would love to have a more civil society, but not by curtailing rights.

When any group says that they want to improve humanity's lot, I take them at their word that they are sincere. Each of those groups PR mentions I think are sincere when they say that their way would improve people and civilization. And the weirdest thing is, PR is closer to these people than he cares to admit, because he too has a vision of what a better world would look like, and I have never doubted his sincerity of that conviction. Problem is, sincerity does not imply truth. Not with these groups, and not with their opposite numbers. We can throw vitriol at each other for eternity and not get us any closer to who is right.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

pr126

The women's march had nothing to do with women's oppression, certainly not in the USA.

It is simply a leftist (Marxist) organized demonstration against the sitting president in the White House.

Question: What rights did women have under Obama that was taken away by Trump?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwEWlstT9lA

Mermaid

Men whining about wha
Quote from: pr126 on January 31, 2018, 03:38:47 AM
Not odd at all.

This is absolutely retarded.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: pr126 on January 31, 2018, 10:20:17 AM
It is simply a leftist (Marxist) organized demonstration against the sitting president in the White House.
So?

You pretend there's nothing about Trump to hate unless you are a leftist/Marxist.
You pretend that the sitting president is someone the American people shouldn't protest against.

Nope, protesting and speaking against the sitting president of the United States of America is a time-honored tradition and is one of the pillars of American-style democracy. I know you guys live under a monarch, so don't pretend your standards apply to us.

I say, being a used car salesman promoted beyond his competence and comprehension is quite enough to protest about.

Quote from: pr126 on January 31, 2018, 10:20:17 AM
Question: What rights did women have under Obama that was taken away by Trump?
None, and we want to keep it that way. Rights taken away are much harder to restore than rights that aren't taken away are to keep.
(she bites!)

pr126

My guess is that Trump will get a second term. That will really make you guys blow a gasket.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on January 31, 2018, 12:35:16 PM
My guess is that Trump will get a second term. That will really make you guys blow a gasket.

Snowflakes melting in the hot Sun ... Demi party of useless ideologues.

If you want to improve things, improve yourselves.  People who want to improve things, by improving others ... are tyrants.  They want control, they aren't really interested in real improvement, just greater power.  I improve myself every day.  I can be a good example or a bad example.  Social action by forcing others to do what they don't want to do ... will never get you anywhere, except Hitler's bunker or Stalin's dacha.  If you can't convince anyone to improve themselves ... and sorry, ideology is pushing a rope ... then why not recognize that you are a failure, a bad example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I7AFBnzU5I

Hitler and Stalin lived on the same square at the same time, as young men, in Vienna.  Both losers, who turned their utopia nations into carnal houses.

So ... you want to have a man/woman on a white horse lead you to the wonderful future?  A good Hitler or a good Stalin?  Damn you if you do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Are you sure? You apparently think you know how everyone thinks. That's how the mind of a fool works.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 31, 2018, 09:35:11 AM
Ah, the good old argumentum "It's worse somewhere else, so how dare you complain!".

maybe that would be a good point, if modern western feminists/sjws who protest for stuff in the west, already have so many rights and privileges on their plate, yet their so unappreciative of it they need to make up more shit to be purposely angry at.

A good example of this was a conversation my mother was having, about how a group of collage students attacked a Winston Churchill themed cafe in london, harassing patrons and workers there accusing Churchill of being racist, on the basis of colonialism.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/29/winston-churchill-themed-cafe-stormed-by-left-wing-protesters-7270147/?ito=cbshare

As my mother said it, this is an example of modern day feminists/sjws who want for everything, and are never satisfied with what they have. Being someone who came from a time of post war rationing and development, she never wanted for anything that she needed to bitch and moan about or that was out of her means of working for, and she often didn't have any money to spend on luxuries, just the basic means.

These spoiled collage idiots though, attacking a cafe because they have some bug up their ass about a political figure they are trying to blacklist, based on nothing but rudimentary assumptions, is an example of the modern day attitude of wanting for everything, when reality is they don't want for anything of value, they just want to be offended for the sake of it, spoiled, selfish and privileged brats. 

Maybe if people like these put energy into supporting international causes, instead of bitching about what they have at home, which they wouldn't survive without anyway, maybe they would find something more worthwhile in life instead of attacking cafes or attacking one another in marches.

Quote1. How do you propose feminists in the West change cultural norms in the Middle East? Shouldn't their attention be predominately turned inward, where they actually have power, instead of outward where they can change nothing? And if they were to turn outward, how many minutes would you give them before everyone jumped on them for "virtue signalling" or wasting their time (point being, it's a lose-lose so focus on what you can at least win somewhat at)?

well apparently they don't have power, the power to wear pussy hats in public and scream their heads of. try that in the middle eastern country, that be fun to watch. This womans match achieves nothing but the general public laughing at these people for how ridiculous they are, and the movement does nothing for anyone but themselves in some vaunted sense of pride, well done, you got a badge, did you change anything? Ha.

Quote2. Does the fact that it is worse for women in the Middle East mean we shouldn't bring attention to the fact that only 1 in 18 rape survivors will successfully bring charges against their rapist? That women are getting stoned in the Middle East means it's okay that women in the United States are denied rights to their body because of Theocrats in our government?

You have fucking rights, your pretending that you don't, this match doesn't change anything because there isn't anything that needs to change. You live in a western country with rules in place, And thats probably why people like in these marches never want to acknowledge the suffering of women in other countries, because it would take away from their need for attention where they are, achieving nothing, while real problems continue to happen in the middle east and asia.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mermaid

Yeah, we're never satisfied with what we have. We should probably just sit quietly with our hands folded, earn less than men at comparable jobs, and lose control over our own reproductive healthcare. We need to get OVER IT! You're so right.

Hakurei Reimu

That, in a nutshell, is the reason why you are not a good person. Never mind that a blowhard who thinks that building a wall across a boarder will outsmart a group of people who have already built tunnels underneath said boarder would be reelected. Never mind that this same idiot is trying to threatening someone else with nuclear weapons. Never mind that he is doing his best to support dying industries and trying to take us back to glory days that have long past. It's all about seeing your favorite shithead win to see others writhing and gnashing their teeth.

You're not happy until you see someone else miserable. You are the antithesis of everything I have ever believed in.

Furthermore, this is exactly the trait you have in common with your "enemies." One way or another, they all involve the separation of people into "us" and "them." Like a Buddhist, I reject this binary. Unity is humanity's greatest strength, and I have always worked towards this goal. The only way we will get to the stars is through unity; it's too large a task for even nations, and the goal is awesome enough that just its sheer coolness should be reason enough for unity.

Quote from: Munch on January 31, 2018, 03:15:33 PM
And thats probably why people like in these marches never want to acknowledge the suffering of women in other countries, because it would take away from their need for attention where they are, achieving nothing, while real problems continue to happen in the middle east and asia.
Munch, relative privation is a fallacy. It's also not like you lot are generous missionaries working on those much greater problems in the Middle East and Asia.
(she bites!)