News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Waco Seige: Redneck Jamboree

Started by Draconic Aiur, January 24, 2018, 10:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 02:13:06 AM
I didn't know they were closely aligned either, but they are both moronic...
I don't know they are closely aligned.  A couple of people just told me they were, and it's one of those things I was told, but not interested in enough to actually check.  I've known a few 7th Days and a few Mormons.  The 7th Days seemed to keep their religion to themselves, whereas the Mormons seemed to make a big deal about it.  But we are not talking about enough numbers in my circle to draw conclusions from.

According to this article, https://classroom.synonym.com/difference-between-mormons-seventh-day-adventists-12082676.html they have few similarities.  SDA does not acknowledge Joseph Smith as a Prophet, and sprang from a different charismatic leader.  They both share the cult characteristic of "you can get in, but you can't get out."  They are both kooky in nature (my opinion).  Both date back to the 1830s.  Both claim to be Christian, but reject mainstream Christian ideologies.  But they are totally separate. 

Baruch

There is more than one kind of Mormonism, after Joseph Smith was killed.  Only the largest group went to Utah.

This originated in Upstate NY ... is that where SDA comes from too?  Those NE folks are kooks ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2018, 10:25:11 AM
There is more than one kind of Mormonism, after Joseph Smith was killed.  Only the largest group went to Utah.

This originated in Upstate NY ... is that where SDA comes from too?  Those NE folks are kooks ;-)

All Mormons are kooks.  Well, so are all theists.  But "Maroni"?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2018, 10:25:11 AM

Yes, SDA came out of the Millerite Movement, and the SDA was officially founded in the 1860s.
QuoteThe Millerites were the followers of the teachings of William Miller, who in 1833 first shared publicly his belief that the Second Advent of Jesus Christ would occur in roughly the year 1843â€"1844.
Wow! A religion formed on an already failed prophecy.  What a firm foundation to build on.

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 10:42:02 AM
I think he was supposed to be an angel, but I don't know scripture well enough to know if he's in the Bible, or if Smith just made him up.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on January 27, 2018, 01:25:34 PM
I think he was supposed to be an angel, but I don't know scripture well enough to know if he's in the Bible, or if Smith just made him up.

You should read about how the Mormon text was created.  It's hilarious. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 10:42:02 AM

I prefer the angel, Macaroni.

We used to have a long time poster, who was descended from Brigham Young.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on January 27, 2018, 01:25:34 PM
He made all that shit up!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 02:10:35 PM
You should read about how the Mormon text was created.  It's hilarious. 
I actually have read a lot about it.  I don't know how Smith was able to relate that with a straight face.  Any thoughtful Mormon should have run away and headed for Florida with all his possessions thankful to be away from such a madhouse.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 27, 2018, 04:52:11 PM
He made all that shit up!

The only religious genius that the US has yet produced according to one biography.  But not my ideal of America.  Without Brigham Young, the Mormon Cricket (which isn't a cricket) would be called something else.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I don't know if he's America's only religious genius - L. Ron Hubbard's done pretty well.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 27, 2018, 05:01:08 PM
I don't know if he's America's only religious genius - L. Ron Hubbard's done pretty well.

Point taken.  I like Frank Herbert ... Dune ... but there are no real Fremin or giant sand worms.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/01/waco-david-koresh

Great. Make David Koresh into a hero.

And blame the massacre on the Democrats and Clinton. Goddamn damn Facebook keeps spamming Paramount Pictures stories on great the cult was. And Libertarians/republicans are adding it to their arguments like sheep! FUCKING Sheep! And then when I try to to share shit it goes invisible. Their hiding to make people think I'm Insane but I know their propaganda is an evil virus.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2018, 05:10:29 PM
Point taken.  I like Frank Herbert ... Dune ... but there are no real Fremin or giant sand worms.

The Fremen were glorified Moslems, the spice was drugs, and the sandworms were government.  I took a class.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 02, 2018, 02:50:10 PM
The Fremen were glorified Moslems, the spice was drugs, and the sandworms were government.  I took a class.

Perhaps the Empire was the Church, what were the Hakonens ... capitalists?  I would say the sandworms were the IRS ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.