News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Waco Seige: Redneck Jamboree

Started by Draconic Aiur, January 24, 2018, 10:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconic Aiur

The Waco Siege is getting a tv show and those who don't know who thee fuck David Koreesh was are saying some pretty ignorant shit and saying the goverment ought to have left those poor souls alone.

http://www.paramountnetwork.com/shows/waco

Face book's Paramount Page has been bugging me and when I step in the comment zone Lo and behold people defending the David Koresh and merry band of lunatics as they are being sieged by then Democratic goverment who wants to destroy Americas freedom...blah blah blah.

Hakurei Reimu

The BD were a death cult and were looking for every excuse to torch themselves. They were right nuts.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Gawdzilla Sama

No doubt they'll use the footage that purports to show the tank recovery vehicle "torching" the building. Oddly, they always stop the footage at the "flash of fire". They have to stop there because the full footage shows the "flash" to be a piece of paper blowing around. Without lies like that their case is very weak.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Waco gets more coverage than I'm interested in.  I'm not sure what the appeal is.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on January 25, 2018, 06:33:32 AM
Waco gets more coverage than I'm interested in.  I'm not sure what the appeal is.

Supposedly the storm troopers, having destroyed their own case against the Bundy clan, have dropped that trial entirely.  So far, with Ruby Ridge, Waco, Bundy Ranch and Oregon ... the domestic security apparatus hasn't done a very competent job.  And of course, they failed to detect the OKC bombing before it happened.  Why?  The only ones the FBI catches, are the ones where they are putting up patsies to do the job.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on January 25, 2018, 06:33:32 AM
Flaming fundies.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on January 25, 2018, 07:04:29 AM
Supposedly the storm troopers, having destroyed their own case against the Bundy clan, have dropped that trial entirely.
Basically, all they've got on them is trespassing and appropriating public land.  They are not going to pay what they owe for using it, and as long as they understand they can't take anything they want by force, I'm OK with that.  Well, there is the thing about challenging law enforcement to a shootout.  But I guess out west where it's just a 10 dollar fine for shooting up a bar, threatening to kill lawmen ain't nothin'.  I mean with that amendment and all.

SGOS

I'm not sure what the appeal is.

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 25, 2018, 07:12:32 AM
Flaming fundies.

Well yeah, that part is always a lot of fun, but there's all that first part that's boring as Hell.  I'm not going to sit there for two hours waiting around to watch the feds light 'em up.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on January 25, 2018, 07:45:20 AM
I'm not sure what the appeal is.

Well yeah, that part is always a lot of fun, but there's all that first part that's boring as Hell.  I'm not going to sit there for two hours waiting around to watch the feds light 'em up.
DVR +  FFWD.
PZ Myers

SGOS

Poison Tree

I was raised Seventh-day Adventist--which the Branch Davidians shot-off from--so always got really strange messages about Waco. On the on hand the church really wanted to distance itself from Branch Davidians and show that "we" were not a cult like they were, but at the same time it was repeatedly--if not officially--stressed that in the imminent "time of trouble" the government would come for "us" and "our" religious freedom just like it did with the Branch Davidians.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

SGOS

Quote from: Poison Tree on January 25, 2018, 03:13:40 PM
I was raised Seventh-day Adventist--which the Branch Davidians shot-off from--so always got really strange messages about Waco. On the on hand the church really wanted to distance itself from Branch Davidians and show that "we" were not a cult like they were, but at the same time it was repeatedly--if not officially--stressed that in the imminent "time of trouble" the government would come for "us" and "our" religious freedom just like it did with the Branch Davidians.
This is new information to me.  I would have thought the Branch Davidians were something along the lines of Southern Baptists, although I can see a resemblance to other Mormon offshoots, like the isolated Mormon enclaves down in Southern Utah and Arizona.  With Koresh in charge of mind control ordinarily done by the Mormon hierarchy and the organization set up by the church.

Gawdzilla Sama

Koresh was just another "I get all the nooky" cult leader.
PZ Myers

SGOS

I'm sorry to have confused the 7th Day Adventists with the Mormons.  I grew up in an area where the two groups seemed closely aligned, and I will no doubt continue to confuse the two for the rest of my life, probably not as blatantly as I just did, however.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on January 26, 2018, 07:21:57 AM
I'm sorry to have confused the 7th Day Adventists with the Mormons.  I grew up in an area where the two groups seemed closely aligned, and I will no doubt continue to confuse the two for the rest of my life, probably not as blatantly as I just did, however.

I didn't know they were closely aligned either, but they are both moronic...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!