Mr.Obvious

Welcome to our little band of heathens.

Tell us about yourself?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

joobee

I'm terrible at this kind of thing.
I enjoy minimal human interaction unless otherwise unavoidable. I watch True Crime shows in excess. I much rather play MMOs than go outside. My dream career is to be a mechanic. I wish I could sit down to dinner with Alan Watts. I fancy myself a proficient debater. I like cheese. -shrugggg-
___Big BaDaa Boom___

Hakurei Reimu

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

joobee

Zen? I'm not sure I know what that means. :<
___Big BaDaa Boom___

Gilgamesh

Welcome.

Quote from: joobee on January 24, 2018, 08:14:10 AM
Zen? I'm not sure I know what that means. :<

He was a new member here. He 'was' - and isn't 'is' - because he was banned. Most people here didn't like him because he was a race realist while also not being able to defend his race realist views very well. He was mostly disliked, in my opinion, for the latter of those two things. I think it's mostly a fair statement to say that one will do okay here even while holding unpopular opinions if one's arguments for them prove superior to the arguments of one's detractors.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 24, 2018, 08:30:25 AM
Welcome.

He was a new member here. He 'was' - and isn't 'is' - because he was banned. Most people here didn't like him because he was a race realist while also not being able to defend his race realist views very well. He was mostly disliked, in my opinion, for the latter of those two things.
Some clarification:

Zen contributed very little until he was dumped into Purgatory (a subforum that's like a jail for our more troublesome members), but he was only banned because he socked his way out and proceeded to make himself a pest. The something like six accounts he created to avoid Purgatory and his subsequent behavior was a very troll thing to do, and that's the thing we really aren't going to stand for.

As to the "race realist" thing, being unable to defend your views against your detractors is a red flag that perhaps you don't hold those views for good reasons. Zen's arguments for the white race made it sound that it was actually the white race that was inferior by any sane criterion. (If Jews really did control the world through a Zionist conspiracy, that would make them the master race, wouldn't it?) Zen couldn't even really tell me how he knew he was white and not black. The only answer he would give was that his parents were white, which implies that the "white" race is a phylogenically meaningful term, which would imply that "white" was a mere subrace of the "black" race (because any phylogeny that puts all of the major African clades together would lump every other race of humanity with them) â€" which would mean that Zen would be both white and black.

Yet through all this, he somehow expected us to be impressed by his "reasoning" and not call him moronic because of it. Ha ha, no.

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 24, 2018, 08:30:25 AM
I think it's mostly a fair statement to say that one will do okay here even while holding unpopular opinions if one's arguments for them prove superior to the arguments of one's detractors.
Your first few months here will basically decide whether or not we will have a good view of you. We're willing to cut the long-time members a lot of slack if they otherwise contribute to this little community. Presenting good arguments for unpopular views is contributing to the community, but you could spend years here just shooting the shit, talking about interesting things, and crack jokes, because we like fun people as much as smart people. (Your mileage may vary.) Being respectful and containing vitriol to the relevant threads helps a lot, too. (That's another thing Zen seemed to have problem with.)

Zen didn't really contribute much to the forum before he was dumped into Purgatory, and his posts past the first 27 basically revolved around race with an uncomfortable amount of racial-based invective and instigation â€" and those first 27 posts were quite mediocre. He came off as very much spoiling for a ban. His habit of bolding his text didn't help.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Blackleaf

Greetings, joobee. What are your religious beliefs, if any? You might think that being atheist is kind of implied here, but we actually get a lot of theist members, so I have to ask.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Hello, and welcome, Joobee.  And I'd rather play a single player RPG than eat.  :grilling:
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Greetings.... me love me some newbies.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Whiteleaf

Welcome to this politically correct forum, joobee. If you have an opinion, then you'll most likely get banned, since
that's what they did to my ƵenKlassen account.

Fucking bullshit! How the hell did Blackleaf not get banned?

And as a response to Hakurei Reimu, I probably would have improved the quality of posts I made if y'all haven't banned
my ƵenKlassen account so soon. But who cares, right? Saying this doesn't make a difference anyways, since I'm probably
never welcome back on this forum anyways, so yeah.

boo-hoo- aitm

Jason78

Welcome to the forums.

I like Brie.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Baruch

Quote from: joobee on January 24, 2018, 07:49:42 AM
I'm terrible at this kind of thing.
I enjoy minimal human interaction unless otherwise unavoidable. I watch True Crime shows in excess. I much rather play MMOs than go outside. My dream career is to be a mechanic. I wish I could sit down to dinner with Alan Watts. I fancy myself a proficient debater. I like cheese. -shrugggg-

Welcome also.  If you are a fan of Alan Watts, then you aren't all bad ;-)

Two posts above you can see the latest trolling by the friendly neighborhood Orc.

Actually Alan Watts was more into Daoism than Zen (not the guy, the Japanese Samurai Buddhism).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Hi joobee, and welcome!

Hope you have fun here, there's lots of fun to be had.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Whiteleaf on January 24, 2018, 12:08:13 PM
Welcome to this politically correct forum, joobee. If you have an opinion, then you'll most likely get banned, since
that's what they did to my ƵenKlassen account.

Fucking bullshit! How the hell did Blackleaf not get banned?

And as a response to Hakurei Reimu, I probably would have improved the quality of posts I made if y'all haven't banned
my ƵenKlassen account so soon. But who cares, right? Saying this doesn't make a difference anyways, since I'm probably
never welcome back on this forum anyways, so yeah.

boo-hoo- aitm

We have a ghost problem as you can see joobee and I think we need a ghost buster.