News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

One Nation under Allah...

Started by pr126, June 16, 2013, 04:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

High School Students Read Pledge In Arabic: "One Nation Under Allah"
QuotePrincipal Tom Lopez has gotten countless complaints from angry parents, who think saying the Pledge in any language other than English is unpatriotic.

You think!?

Principal Lopez, however, is a stubborn one. He has stood by his decision, and continues to assert that he is not pushing an Islamic agenda at the school.

He said, "These students love this country. They were not being un-American in trying to do this. They believed they were accentuating the meaning of the words as spoken regularly in English."

Riiight...

At Rocky Mountain High, the Pledge of Allegiance is read over the loud speaker once a week, on Mondays. A member of the Cultural Arms Club at the school read out the Arabic version on Monday.
In Arabic Ilah is god.  Allah is but a name of a god, like Zeus, Apollo, Loki, Huitzilopochtli.

My guess is that the good Principal didn't come to this idea all by himself.
He must have got some help from obvious sources.

One nation under a pagan stone idol.   There, that's more accurate.

StupidWiz

Aww... It's no big deal, it's only a pledge, right?
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

Shiranu

The pledge is only good for stroking the governments ego and convincing kids that feeling superiour because of your nationality is acceptable. It's not like the words magically will make you obey the law or love your country, and if you have citizenship then you are subject to its laws (oath or no oath).

It was something, and is something, I refuse to take part in, from school when I was younger to now military events and sports games. I am very happy and secure in being American, I don't feel any need to make a public spectacle of how American I am.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jmpty

Only a problem if recited in Arabic? I see.
???  ??

Solitary

I just knew sooner or later this was going to happen---Christian Country? When are all the other religions going to become more public and political?  :-$   Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mister Agenda

So now pledging allegiance to the USA is unpatriotic unless it's in English? Should I be clutching my pearls?
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

pr126

There is a misunderstanding here, which has nothing to do in what language the pledge is spoken.

It has everything to do with the name "Allah".

Allah is not the god of the Jews or Christians, no matter what you have been "taught".

As I stated in the OP,  Allah is a name of a pagan stone Idol, the unique Islamic god, promoted to be the creator of the universe by Muhammad.

Who is Allah

pr126

@ drunkenshoe

Of course you are right. Every god , goddesses ever existed are man made without exception. No question about that.

Allah is originated as a stone idol and it is not an Abrahamic god, never was.
Just because Muslims say so, it ain't necessarily true. I am trying to make that clear.

You are not helping.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "pr126"In Arabic Ilah is god.  Allah is but a name of a god, like Zeus, Apollo, Loki, Huitzilopochtli.

Not quite right.

In Arabic "Ilah" is "god".  And in Arabic "Al" is "the".  The phrase "Al Ilah" is contracted to "Allah" which simply means "the god".
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

pr126

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"
Quote from: "pr126"In Arabic Ilah is god.  Allah is but a name of a god, like Zeus, Apollo, Loki, Huitzilopochtli.

Not quite right.

In Arabic "Ilah" is "god".  And in Arabic "Al" is "the".  The phrase "Al Ilah" is contracted to "Allah" which simply means "the god".
I don't agree. This is just one of the many deceptive word plays Muslims use for western consumptions.
Another variation of this wordplay is that Allah derives from the Jewish god, Elohim,  El,= Allah.
Pure rubbish, but some are taken in by the deception.

Allah was the name of a pagan rock god among 360 other rock idols, long before Muhammad created his cult.

Muhammad's father was named Abdallah, slave of Allah. Muhammad destroyed all the rock idols, leaving Allah only.
The sahadah says There is no god but Allah. It doesn't say there is no god but god. It uses a specific name of a god.

However, none of this matters.

The bottom line is, that the school out of ignorance is promoting Islam.
Apparently, atheist here have no problem with that.

Muslims are laughing their socks off at the gullible kuffar.

Youssuf Ramadan

Allah, God, Yahweh - same shit.  Move along, nothing to see here....

Jason78

Quote from: "Mister Agenda"So now pledging allegiance to the USA is unpatriotic unless it's in English? Should I be clutching my pearls?
Surely you mean Spanish!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"What does this even mean? You cannot be taken seriously. Really. You started to talk like them.  

It looks increasingly like pr126 has swapped one form of faith for another...

Jmpty

Quote from: "pr126"
Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"

Not quite right.

I don't agree. This is just one of the many deceptive word plays Muslims use for western consumptions.
Another variation of this wordplay is that Allah derives from the Jewish god, Elohim,  El,= Allah.
Pure rubbish, but some are taken in by the deception.

Allah was the name of a pagan rock god among 360 other rock idols, long before Muhammad created his cult.

Muhammad's father was named Abdallah, slave of Allah. Muhammad destroyed all the rock idols, leaving Allah only.
The sahadah says There is no god but Allah. It doesn't say there is no god but god. It uses a specific name of a god.

However, none of this matters.

The bottom line is, that the school out of ignorance is promoting Islam.
Apparently, atheist here have no problem with that.

Muslims are laughing their socks off at the gullible kuffar.

You sound more like a paranoid Christian fundie every day.
???  ??

Mister Agenda

Quote from: "pr126"There is a misunderstanding here, which has nothing to do in what language the pledge is spoken.

It has everything to do with the name "Allah".

Allah is not the god of the Jews or Christians, no matter what you have been "taught".

As I stated in the OP,  Allah is a name of a pagan stone Idol, the unique Islamic god, promoted to be the creator of the universe by Muhammad.

Who is Allah

If the God mentioned in the pledge is specifically Yahweh rather that the God of ceremonial deism, that renders the pledge Constitutionally indefensible if it contains the word God; since the defense for keeping it in is that it does NOT specifically refer to Yahweh. Which is fine with me, but officially, the God in the pledge is not specifically Yahweh, it's whatever version of God you prefer. And Yahweh is just a hopped-up mountain god, so it's not like his pedigree is so sublime.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina