News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Moderate secular Turkey?

Started by pr126, January 21, 2018, 11:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 09, 2018, 04:49:36 PM
He's well beyond merely LOOKING like a fucking moron.. He's proven beyond any reasonable doubt.... oh..you know..

I hope he grabs every pussy on the planet, before Bill Clinton beats him to it ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Turkish Republic is continuation of Ottomans: President ErdoÄŸan
QuoteThe Republic of Turkey is a continuation of the Ottoman Empire, President Recep Tayyip ErdoÄŸan said on Feb. 10.

“The Republic of Turkey, just like our previous states that are a continuation of one another, is also a continuation of the Ottomans," Erdoğan said in remarks he made during a commemoration ceremony to mark the centenary of the death of Ottoman Sultan Abdulhamid II at the Yıldız Palace in Istanbul.

"Of course, the borders have changed. Forms of government have changed... But the essence is the same, soul is the same, even many institutions are the same."

ErdoÄŸan added this is why Sultan Abdulhamid is one of the "most important, most visionary and most strategic minded" individual that made his mark in recent 150 years.

Sultan Abdulhamid II, the son of Sultan Abdulmecid, died in 1918, and was the 34th sultan of the Ottoman Empire.

ErdoÄŸan also criticized those with "bigoted" viewpoints about Sultan Abdulhamid.

"Some people insistently try to start this country's history from 1923. Some unrelentingly try to break us from our roots and ancient values," he added.

ErdoÄŸan said the big picture brings character and memory to a nation.

"We take pride in our history without making discrimination," the leader added on the day eleven Turkish soldiers were killed in cross-border operations.

On Jan. 20, Turkey launched “Operation Olive Branch” to clear People's Protection Units (YPG) militants from Afrin in northwestern Syria.

Baruch

The last Sultan of Turkey, seems to me to be a ... loser.  Ataturk took over ... and saved Turkey.  It was being dismembered by the victorious WW I allies.  It would be like an American admiring Jefferson Davis, and hating General Grant.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Turkish soldiers advancing slowly in Afrin to fight in line with Islamic ethics
QuoteTurkish soldiers are advancing slowly in Syria’s Afrin district to avoid harming civilians in the area, according to Religious Affairs Directorate (Diyanet) head Ali Erbaş.

“Our Muslims soldiers are undertaking their fight in line with Islam’s principles. That is why they are moving slowly in Afrin. They are moving with the conscience of not causing even one person’s nose to bleed; after all, this is Islam’s order,” Erbaş said on Feb. 10 during a speech at the Orhan Gazi Culture Center in the western province of Sakarya’s Adapazarı district.

“All our conquests in history were undertaken to prevent oppression. Our soldiers fire their bullets against oppressors, to protect those oppressed. Our soldiers are clashing for this, because there are terror organizations there, and they are constantly oppressing,” Erbaş said.

Speaking about the “exploitation of Islam by various groups like Boko Haram, al-Shabab, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant [ISIL] and the Fethullahist Terrorist Organization [FETÖ],” he said they can be tackled by giving people the “right knowledge on religion.”

“If we do not undertake our duties at this point, then we will face groups that are promoted as religious formations but which later turn into terror organizations. How did ISIL, Boko Haram, al-Shabab, and FETÖ show up? They did through incorrect interpretations of religion,” he said.

Quran 8:60
And prepare against them whatever you are able of power and of steeds of war by which you may terrify the enemy of Allah and your enemy and others besides them whom you do not know [but] whom Allah knows. And whatever you spend in the cause of Allah will be fully repaid to you, and you will not be wronged.

Cavebear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 09, 2018, 04:49:36 PM
He's well beyond merely LOOKING like a fucking moron.. He's proven beyond any reasonable doubt.... oh..you know..

No offense but just a suggestion to leave the author of a quote in the quote.  I had to look up quite a way to find it.  Just makes things easier...

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Turkey using 'CHEMICAL WEAPONS against CIVILIANS', claims human rights group
QuoteTURKISH forces have been accused of using chemical weapons against civilian populations during its campaign across northern Syria in order to take out “terrorist group” the Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG), it has been claimed.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR), a UK-based monitoring group, said six people were hit in Turkish shelling in Al-Sheikh Hadid in the Afrin region on Friday.

The victims are said to have had dilated pupils and difficulties breathing.

A statement by the group said: "Medical sources confirmed the use of gases during the shelling, but the SOHR was not able, until now, to know the type of the used gases.”

The official Syrian news agency SANA repeated the claim, quoting local doctors, and said six people were hospitalised with symptoms of suffocation from Turkish projectiles carrying poisonous gas.

Cavebear

Baruch

US says that chemical shelling didn't happen.  But some civilians did have respiratory problems ... it happens in warfare from smoke from fires etc.  If nerve gas was used, everyone in that town would be dead.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I think it is time to The West to accept that Turkey is no more democratic than Pakistan and no more worthy of inclusion in NATO than the other Middle Eastern despotic nations like it.

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on February 25, 2018, 02:24:42 AM
I think it is time to The West to accept that Turkey is no more democratic than Pakistan and no more worthy of inclusion in NATO than the other Middle Eastern despotic nations like it.
I think that NATO will be disbanded and replaced with the planned European Army.

All those millions of young Muslim males, the New "Europeans" will need a vocation.
What's better than conscripted into an army?

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on February 25, 2018, 02:29:00 AM
I think that NATO will be disbanded and replaced with the planned European Army.

All those millions of young Muslim males, the New "Europeans" will need a vocation.
What's better than conscripted into an army?

"Not being conscripted into an army"?