Cape Town Getting Ready to Shut Off the Water

Started by SGOS, January 20, 2018, 09:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

They say ... that after the Doolittle raid, the Japs executed 180,000 Chinese civilians that they though had aided the escape of the American airmen.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 02, 2018, 01:10:22 PM
They say ... that after the Doolittle raid, the Japs executed 180,000 Chinese civilians that they though had aided the escape of the American airmen.

"They" say?  I have no information on that.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

I just came across this on google:

The Untold Story of the Vengeful Japanese Attack After the Doolittle Raid

QuoteWhen the U.S. responded to Pearl Harbor with a surprise bombing of Tokyo, the Imperial Army took out its fury on the Chinese people
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 02, 2018, 01:54:42 PM
I just came across this on google:

The Untold Story of the Vengeful Japanese Attack After the Doolittle Raid

It is entirely possible.  But the Japanese military was already doing that before the Doolittle Raid.

Baruch

That is why FDR didn't stage any special raids into deep occupied territory to save some Jews.  The quickest way to end all murder, was to end the AXIS ASAP.  The Japanese are lucky we didn't let China occupy Japan.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 02, 2018, 07:44:50 PM
That is why FDR didn't stage any special raids into deep occupied territory to save some Jews.  The quickest way to end all murder, was to end the AXIS ASAP.  The Japanese are lucky we didn't let China occupy Japan.

Actually, it is more that the Japanese were lucky that we didn't let the Soviets occupy them.  It was a close call.  A week and no A-Bomb and they would have.

Gawdzilla Sama

Marshal of the Soviet Union Aleksandr Vasilevsky advised the Great Stalin that he could three division on Hokkaido on Aug. 22nd. Stalin canceled this on Aug. 21st, due to the obvious problems it would cause after a Japanese capitulation.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 07, 2018, 08:20:01 AM
Marshal of the Soviet Union Aleksandr Vasilevsky advised the Great Stalin that he could three division on Hokkaido on Aug. 22nd. Stalin canceled this on Aug. 21st, due to the obvious problems it would cause after a Japanese capitulation.

The Soviet Union still got all of Sakhalin.  Making a strategic win for Pacific access to Vladivostok.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 07, 2018, 12:54:47 PM
The Soviet Union still got all of Sakhalin.  Making a strategic win for Pacific access to Vladivostok.

But they didn't get Japan.  If they had, it would be East Korea.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 09, 2018, 04:03:22 AM
But they didn't get Japan.  If they had, it would be East Korea.

Correct.  Stalin was a necessary, yet horrible ally.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

In my conspiracy theory mind this is the result of planning ahead to ensure the never ending sales of bottled water..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 09, 2018, 09:28:18 AM
In my conspiracy theory mind this is the result of planning ahead to ensure the never ending sales of bottled water..

The end game isn't lack of petroleum, but lack of potable water.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Baruch on February 09, 2018, 01:09:41 PM
The end game isn't lack of petroleum, but lack of potable water.
I'm not necessarily convinced that those who might want to be bottled water barons really care if it's potable or not. They're the type who would sell polluted water in bottles and pawn it off as 100% pure h2O with the nice pretty pictures of snow covered mountains much like the shit sold in Texas, but is really not much more than local bottled tap water run through a tiny bit of filtration..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 09, 2018, 04:04:08 PM
I'm not necessarily convinced that those who might want to be bottled water barons really care if it's potable or not. They're the type who would sell polluted water in bottles and pawn it off as 100% pure h2O with the nice pretty pictures of snow covered mountains much like the shit sold in Texas, but is really not much more than local bottled tap water run through a tiny bit of filtration..

Sh!  You will scare off the rubes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 09, 2018, 04:04:08 PM

Never trust marketers.  Even when they say things that seem undoubtable, they lie.

I read a consumer article in the Washington Post that showed that.  Apparently, a chair manufacturer can say the chair is covered with "100% split cowhide leather" and it can legally still be an artificial material.

No joke!