Cape Town Getting Ready to Shut Off the Water

Started by SGOS, January 20, 2018, 09:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on January 20, 2018, 04:36:11 PM
When did he say that?
It was during our pillow talk. He is such a cutie!

OR it's a running joke that the churches blame any damn disaster anywhere on some place allowing gay marriage.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on January 21, 2018, 01:05:43 AM
Raw water? Fucking hell!

Cape Town is surrounded by raw water. Ocean water. These raw water idiots are invited to live off this raw water and see how long they last. They are literally too stupid to live.

I recently read about the new "raw water" movement.  Laughed my ass off!  At least they will remove themselves from the gene pool as the parasites and microbes kill them...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

We should encourage things like this. Darwin would approve.

Raw shit movement for starters.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 24, 2018, 06:09:06 AM
We should encourage things like this. Darwin would approve.

Raw shit movement for starters.

Let them drink cake...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on January 24, 2018, 06:55:18 AM
Let them drink cake...
You probably already know that the solid residue from sewage treatment plants is often referred to as "cake".
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

I'm currently reading The Ghost Map, about how cholera is spread by drinking contaminated water. I guess these "raw" water enthusiasts don't know about such things, or they wouldn't be so avid about it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 24, 2018, 07:36:42 AM
You probably already know that the solid residue from sewage treatment plants is often referred to as "cake".

I might possibly have known that the make the joke better...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on January 24, 2018, 02:38:29 PM
I might possibly have known that the make the joke better...
A point in the processing of uranium the product is a yellowish, crumbly mass known as ...
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 24, 2018, 02:22:18 PM
I'm currently reading The Ghost Map, about how cholera was spread is drinking contaminated water. I guess these "raw" water enthusiasts don't know about such things, or they wouldn't be so avid about it.
Natural = good.  Artificial = bad.  Untreated water is natural water, therefore it is good.

Hakurei Reimu

Dysentery is quite natural, coming from the completely natural untreated raw water, so it must be awesome!
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on January 24, 2018, 08:00:10 PM
Dysentery is quite natural, coming from the completely natural untreated raw water, so it must be awesome!

Nothing is unnatural, artificial things are just what the humans aka natural random collections of atoms, produce.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

It's all that fluoride that's bad for you.  Kidding.

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on January 24, 2018, 08:04:36 PM
Nothing is unnatural, artificial things are just what the humans aka natural random collections of atoms, produce.
That's a useless terse definition for "natural". Why even use that word, when it encompasses everything?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 25, 2018, 06:49:54 AM
That's a useless terse definition for "natural". Why even use that word, when it encompasses everything?
Monosodium Glutamate isn't "natural".
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 25, 2018, 06:49:54 AM

Words that encompass everything, have no distinction, and thus are meaningless.  Temperature by itself doesn't mean much, but hot or cold do.

One should make everything as simple as possible, but no simpler - Einstein

The point of Newspeak is to make thinking impossible.  Thus the point of using over generalization (aka existence/reality) or ambiguity.

Words are weapons, and materialists are armed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.