Author Topic: Cape Town Getting Ready to Shut Off the Water  (Read 3184 times)

Re: Cape Town Getting Ready to Shut Off the Water
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2018, 05:53:00 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When did he say that?
It was during our pillow talk. He is such a cutie!

OR it's a running joke that the churches blame any damn disaster anywhere on some place allowing gay marriage.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 04:22:19 AM »
Raw water? Fucking hell!

Cape Town is surrounded by raw water. Ocean water. These raw water idiots are invited to live off this raw water and see how long they last. They are literally too stupid to live.

I recently read about the new "raw water" movement.  Laughed my ass off!  At least they will remove themselves from the gene pool as the parasites and microbes kill them...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 06:09:06 AM »
We should encourage things like this. Darwin would approve.

Raw shit movement for starters.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 06:55:18 AM »
We should encourage things like this. Darwin would approve.

Raw shit movement for starters.

Let them drink cake...

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 07:36:42 AM »
Let them drink cake...
You probably already know that the solid residue from sewage treatment plants is often referred to as "cake".
PZ Myers

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 02:22:18 PM »
I'm currently reading You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, about how cholera is spread by drinking contaminated water. I guess these "raw" water enthusiasts don't know about such things, or they wouldn't be so avid about it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 07:46:39 PM by Unbeliever »
"In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate."
Isaac Asimov

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2018, 02:38:29 PM »
You probably already know that the solid residue from sewage treatment plants is often referred to as "cake".

I might possibly have known that the make the joke better...

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2018, 03:37:29 PM »
I might possibly have known that the make the joke better...
A point in the processing of uranium the product is a yellowish, crumbly mass known as ...
PZ Myers

Offline Hydra009

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2018, 07:35:09 PM »
I'm currently reading You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, about how cholera was spread is drinking contaminated water. I guess these "raw" water enthusiasts don't know about such things, or they wouldn't be so avid about it.
Natural = good.  Artificial = bad.  Untreated water is natural water, therefore it is good.

Offline Hakurei Reimu

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2018, 08:00:10 PM »
Dysentery is quite natural, coming from the completely natural untreated raw water, so it must be awesome!
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Baruch

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2018, 08:04:36 PM »
Dysentery is quite natural, coming from the completely natural untreated raw water, so it must be awesome!

Nothing is unnatural, artificial things are just what the humans aka natural random collections of atoms, produce.
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

Offline SGOS

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2018, 06:37:36 AM »
It's all that fluoride that's bad for you.  Kidding.

Online Sal1981

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2018, 06:49:54 AM »
Nothing is unnatural, artificial things are just what the humans aka natural random collections of atoms, produce.
That's a useless terse definition for "natural". Why even use that word, when it encompasses everything?
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" --- Richard P. Feynman

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2018, 07:13:29 AM »
That's a useless terse definition for "natural". Why even use that word, when it encompasses everything?
Monosodium Glutamate isn't "natural".
PZ Myers

Offline Baruch

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2018, 12:22:58 PM »

Words that encompass everything, have no distinction, and thus are meaningless.  Temperature by itself doesn't mean much, but hot or cold do.

One should make everything as simple as possible, but no simpler - Einstein

The point of Newspeak is to make thinking impossible.  Thus the point of using over generalization (aka existence/reality) or ambiguity.

Words are weapons, and materialists are armed.
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk