News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jordan Peterson on Channel 4 News

Started by Sal1981, January 18, 2018, 03:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 02:31:09 AM
I'm not ready to be blamed for not knowing which pronoun to use with a person who thinks of themself as one gender and looks like another.  If someone looks male, I will say "he".  If someone looks female, I will say "she.  If I am advised privately and without a scene that another pronoun should be used, I will "consider" it.  But if someone makes a public scene about it, mostly to make a point, I am likely to get deliberately and annoying stubborn. 

If you think of yourself as one gender and look another, you better wear a label on your shirt/blouse.  And don't get obnoxiously offended if *I* don't immediately know what is going on in your mind.  I don't read minds...

Personally I don't give a fuck and the contention that gender pronouns matter is already a ridiculous thing in itself - more so when you consider that the people peddling it simultaneously believe gender norms are bullshit but also that there are 30 genders - which they represent with sensory stimulation (clothes, voice inflections, mannerisms, ect.) you know, creating a 'norm.'

It's a non-problem created by privileged youth with no battles to fight, but who desperately want one to fight, because their underdeveloped amygdalas just need stimulation.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 09, 2018, 02:38:41 AM
Personally I don't give a fuck and the contention that gender pronouns matter is already a ridiculous thing in itself - more so when you consider that the people peddling it simultaneously believe gender norms are bullshit but also that there are 30 genders - which they represent with sensory stimulation (clothes, voice inflections, mannerisms, ect.) you know, creating a 'norm.'

It's a non-problem created by privileged youth with no battles to fight, but who desperately want one to fight, because their underdeveloped amygdalas just need stimulation.

Ah, the fact that human brains don't mature until the early 20s...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 02:47:06 AM
Ah, the fact that human brains don't mature until the early 20s...

Men later than women.  Men mature about 25, women about 20.  Biology.  This is why war is for ... young men ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 02:31:09 AM
I'm not ready to be blamed for not knowing which pronoun to use with a person who thinks of themself as one gender and looks like another.  If someone looks male, I will say "he".  If someone looks female, I will say "she.  If I am advised privately and without a scene that another pronoun should be used, I will "consider" it.  But if someone makes a public scene about it, mostly to make a point, I am likely to get deliberately and annoying stubborn. 

If you think of yourself as one gender and look another, you better wear a label on your shirt/blouse.  And don't get obnoxiously offended if *I* don't immediately know what is going on in your mind.  I don't read minds...

In Canada, they made it a law with penalties ... that is the objection, not the semantics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.