Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheist Jew

Started by SGOS, January 15, 2018, 11:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omokuroi

Quote from: Baruch on January 17, 2018, 01:46:57 AM
Sephardic or Mizrahi?

The prejudice is that Gentiles are inferior, mentally ... because Gentile persecution raised the average IQ for Jewish people, not that we wanted to be smarter.  The cost of 5000 years of oppression and murder, are too high.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say I agree.

If I subscribed to a ethnist ideology I'd be in favour of Jews and perhaps the upper ability level of East Asians constituting the master race. Speaking as a white person, white people simply don't make the cut.

Baruch

Quote from: omokuroi on January 17, 2018, 11:53:54 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say I agree.

If I subscribed to a ethnist ideology I'd be in favour of Jews and perhaps the upper ability level of East Asians constituting the master race. Speaking as a white person, white people simply don't make the cut.

Don't ever accept "averages" as meaningful with people.  There are many dumb Jews and smart Gentiles.  And being smart isn't the be-all-and-end-all except for us geeks.  And yes, I don't know what East Asians attribute their distinguishing advantages to.  But I suspect that it is racism from their POV.  I think it is historical Confucianism.  Jews and Confucians would get along well together.

Racism is simply the application of what is inapplicable ... applying averages favorable to oneself, even if you aren't even near the average, and being similarly dis-favorable to others.  I try to enjoy people as they are, lice picking and all ;-)  An individual is an actual person, the "average" person in any group, isn't real.  Applying what doesn't apply is bad enough, applying something at isn't even real, is ... a Darwin award.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

omokuroi

@Baruch Well, sure. But that's why I'm not an ethnist.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Baruch on January 17, 2018, 01:46:57 AM
Sephardic or Mizrahi?

The prejudice is that Gentiles are inferior, mentally ... because Gentile persecution raised the average IQ for Jewish people, not that we wanted to be smarter.  The cost of 5000 years of oppression and murder, are too high.

ashkenazi jews are mutually exclusive from shepardi jews. Some would argue that ashkenazi jews aren't even jews at all. The majority of 'jews' in the US are ashkenazi. And in 2018 there is no reason to split shepardi and mazrahi into different subsets.

Baruch

Quote from: omokuroi on January 17, 2018, 02:39:05 PM
@Baruch Well, sure. But that's why I'm not an ethnist.

I would be a cosmopolitan, but I don't like women's magazines ;-)

I identify one way, but that doesn't mean I exclude others from the messy business of humanity.  I simply can't identify with humanity as a whole, it is too big and diverse.  So I do a little fan fiction with the Bible etc.  Would you try to go into a comic book store, see all the manga, and tell yourself ... I am going to read and embody all that?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 17, 2018, 05:07:55 PM
ashkenazi jews are mutually exclusive from shepardi jews. Some would argue that ashkenazi jews aren't even jews at all. The majority of 'jews' in the US are ashkenazi. And in 2018 there is no reason to split shepardi and mazrahi into different subsets.

Unfortunately you have drunk the kook-aide but hopefully will survive Jonestown.

Genetically, the Ashkenazi and Sephardi are nearly the same, just some small identifiable differences.  Both are mostly Gentile.  Mizrahi Jews are closer to Egyptians and Arabs in genetics, but those count as Gentile too.  Only the Kohanim are pure, sort of.  Intermarriage is a reality, all thru Jewish history.  So if we can't go on genetics, we only have religion.  But atheist or agnostic Jews have abandoned that.  They are nobodies ... just Gentiles mostly, with a kosher fetish.  That is why the Hasidim actively court them, to bring them back to religiosity.  Of course this is ironic, because of the genetic reality.

Yes, some of the terminology is pre-1950.  Today, most Jews are Americans or Israelis.  Which isn't Jewish at all ... both are mostly secular, mostly mixed genetics.  And I believe that the Kohanim are a foreign Canaanite element.  There never was a true Jew, or true Scotsman for that matter.

Sephardim are Gentile Jews who spoke a Spanish dialect (Ladino), as Ashkenazi are Gentile Jews who spoke a German dialect (Yiddish).  Mizrahi Jews prior to 1950, spoke various Jewish Arabic dialects.

But for some Gentile or even Arab to diss Jewish genetics?  That i the pot calling the kettle black that is!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Baruch on January 17, 2018, 06:45:35 PM
Unfortunately you have drunk the kook-aide but hopefully will survive Jonestown.

Genetically, the Ashkenazi and Sephardi are nearly the same, just some small identifiable differences.  Both are mostly Gentile.  Mizrahi Jews are closer to Egyptians and Arabs in genetics, but those count as Gentile too.  Only the Kohanim are pure, sort of.  Intermarriage is a reality, all thru Jewish history.
Literally no literature that I've ever read on the subject says anything even close to this. So, I'll ask, do you have any literature to provide that does?

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 17, 2018, 06:49:57 PM
Literally no literature that I've ever read on the subject says anything even close to this. So, I'll ask, do you have any literature to provide that does?

The latest from Eupedia.com/genetics ... see section on Y-chromosome and X-chromosome genetics of Europeans (and near neighbors).

For example, see the middle of this page ...
https://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml

And the main table of this other page ...
https://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_mtdna_haplogroups_frequency.shtml

Apparently in X-chromosome, Ashkenazi and Sephardi are indistinguishable from each other, and mostly from neighboring Gentiles (in areas of origin).  But there must be some small distinguishing characteristic about the Y-chromosome, between the two.  This is most clear (see other references) concerning Kohanim.

So I am basically G2a in my Y and H3 in my X ... the deep genes are Neolithic male from the Middle East, and Mesolithic female from the Russian steppes.  A small Ashkenazi marker apparently is present in my spectrum of the other 44 (autosomal) genetics.  But what is important to me, is the ancient POV that Judaism embodies in some respects.  Memetic evolution for me trumps genetic evolution.  Otherwise I would be doing New Stone Age agriculture in S Britain (Stonehenge) and Middle Stone Age mammoth hunting in N Russia (homes made from tusks).  Clan Of The Cave Bear came 30,000 years earlier than that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

PS - Jewish or Muslim ideology, would more closely identify historical Jews with Arabic or Egyptian ancestry ... and this is still a political dividing line, between Egyptian and Saudi Muslims to this day.  The immediate family of Muhammad, as determined by family traditions, is clearly Arabic, but modern Arabs aren't the pure thing on average either.  Kohanim do match the ideological framework from Jewish tradition (they didn't marry out much).  The Arabic equivalent of the Kohanim, are the Hashemites (descendants of immediate family of Muhammad).  The monarchies of Jordan and Morocco claim this.

In myth, Abraham is the first Jew or first Arab.  But in fact, that is not what the Bible says, regarding Abraham.  It says that Jacob's sons were the first Jews, and the Joseph branch of Jacob's sons, Manasseh and Ephraim, were cross-bred to Egyptians.  Judaism as we know it today is less than 2000 years old, less than half the time back to Abraham.  Arabs claim that Abraham is the first Arab/Muslim ... but Islam is at most only 1500 years old.  Abraham and the other patriarchs were Semites, but that goes back maybe 15,000 years, not 4,000.  The actual origins of Judaism and Islam are obscured deliberately.  Christianity has been pretty much a non-Semitic show for 1700 years ... again with a deliberately obscured origin.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

You can be atheist.  Or religious.  Not both.  If you are an atheist of jewish ancestory, you are atheist.  If you are an atheist of English or Chinese or African, etc, you are atheist.

No one is both religious IN ANY SENSE and atheist at the same time.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 18, 2018, 06:30:15 AM
You can be atheist.  Or religious.  Not both.  If you are an atheist of jewish ancestory, you are atheist.  If you are an atheist of English or Chinese or African, etc, you are atheist.

No one is both religious IN ANY SENSE and atheist at the same time.

Secular Jews can, they keep and eat their cake at the same time ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 18, 2018, 01:57:17 PM
Secular Jews can, they keep and eat their cake at the same time ;-)

I really doubt that "secular jews" are.  It is more a fiction that some people maintain.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 18, 2018, 03:22:36 PM
I really doubt that "secular jews" are.  It is more a fiction that some people maintain.

I would say the same thing to them, but then I am a heretic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 18, 2018, 09:28:02 PM
I would say the same thing to them, but then I am a heretic.

It is good to see you agree with me, the world continues to revolve and rotate in shock...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 08:34:38 AM
It is good to see you agree with me, the world continues to revolve and rotate in shock...

We didn't agree for the same reasons.  So no revolution today.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.