Disgusted Scared Hopeful Proud Angry

Started by SGOS, January 19, 2018, 10:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on January 25, 2018, 12:00:24 PM
I voted for that guy too.  If memory serves there are only two Republicans I have voted for, John Anderson was one, and I voted for a county commissioner as the lesser of evils because the Democrat opponent was a total asshole.  The Democrat won because the county was heavily democrat.  He switched parties right after he won the election and became a Republican, and he was voted out in the election after that, even though the democrats had lost support as the mills closed down and the demographic changed.
I wasn't old enough to vote in '80, but that didn't stop me from stuffing envelopes and passing out flyers for Anderson.  I think the last Republican I voted for was a local running for the state Senate in the mid '90s who ran to the left of the Democrat, who had made himself toxic by making a couple unforgivably homophobic statements in a district where rainbow flags fly from just about every other house, while she was already known as a friend of the local (and large) LGBT community.  Last time I can think of that local Stonewall endorsed a Republican.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on January 25, 2018, 12:00:24 PM
I voted for that guy too.  If memory serves there are only two Republicans I have voted for, John Anderson was one, and I voted for a county commissioner as the lesser of evils because the Democrat opponent was a total asshole.  The Democrat won because the county was heavily democrat.  He switched parties right after he won the election and became a Republican, and he was voted out in the election after that, even though the democrats had lost support as the mills closed down and the demographic changed.

The lower the office, the less party matters.  But it IS easier to get the nuts out of the way at the bottom than at the top.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!