Main Menu

False nuclear alert in Hawaii

Started by Baruch, January 13, 2018, 10:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 17, 2018, 04:16:31 PM
I don't think it was a big deal.

:-)

Baruch sneaks up behind GSOgymrat, then blows up and smacks down a paper sack loudly!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on January 17, 2018, 06:51:21 PM
Baruch sneaks up behind GSOgymrat, then blows up and smacks down a paper sack loudly!

I do hope you realize I was referencing the boner and not the alert. I would have been in total panic mode.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 17, 2018, 07:01:27 PM
I do hope you realize I was referencing the boner and not the alert. I would have been in total panic mode.

No I did not.  My Oija board wasn't plugged in ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

A wrong button pressed by some poor sap, ruined career, and probably not deserved.  I'd like to see the choices the poor sap had on screen!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on January 18, 2018, 06:18:59 AM
A wrong button pressed by some poor sap, ruined career, and probably not deserved.  I'd like to see the choices the poor sap had on screen!
Websites and menus are often non-intuitive guessing games built on idiosyncratic notions of the designer.  They are more like puzzles to be solved.  Sometimes its fun to mess with them, but sometimes I just want to order a fucking pair of socks.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on January 18, 2018, 08:45:04 AM
Websites and menus are often non-intuitive guessing games built on idiosyncratic notions of the designer.  They are more like puzzles to be solved.  Sometimes its fun to mess with them, but sometimes I just want to order a fucking pair of socks.

Socks are good.  I very much miss Footjoy Cushion Sole Socks that came in many colors.

But when it comes to serious screens, "Blow Up The World" should probably not be on the same drop down menu as "Test The System".

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 18, 2018, 06:18:59 AM

The article described it ... I/F design fail.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 18, 2018, 02:32:14 PM
The article described it ... I/F design fail.

I know the feeling.  I once had a process to send offices their telephone call data.  So who did I send the wrong report to one time?  The Head of my Agency of course.  Arggghhhh...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 18, 2018, 02:55:10 PM
I know the feeling.  I once had a process to send offices their telephone call data.  So who did I send the wrong report to one time?  The Head of my Agency of course.  Arggghhhh...

Ah, you were in the government piracy department.  Shiver my timbers!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 17, 2018, 07:01:27 PM
I do hope you realize I was referencing the boner and not the alert.
It must be something to see--Trump, after all, called him "Rocket Man" for some reason......................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 18, 2018, 09:31:15 PM
Ah, you were in the government piracy department.  Shiver my timbers!

Of course not, double a half-wit.  I was in the business of assisting offices to manage their own costs.  I got them to look at cell phone and smart phone costs to not let SOME IDIOTS stay on line 24/7.

PS - Do the math before getting annoyed... ;)

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.