Azam Ali, Iranian-American Singer, on Trump's "Shithole" Remark

Started by Shiranu, January 12, 2018, 07:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakurei Reimu

^ This. I take it as a given that the most truly patriotic thing I can do for America is to criticize it, because it is by critique that one improves. I want to see America become the America it could be. And I don't want to be told by a bunch of foreigners that I should be satisfied and proud of America as it is, as if you were the very Kings that we revolted against so that we could be masters of our own destinies. I don't want to be told that I should suck it up by the very people who benefit most in seeing us fall for that attitude.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Dissatisfaction with the status quo, is normal for 20-30 age group.  They should be passionate about ideals that better the status quo.  Younger people are children.  Older people are too entrained to the System.  Not that every ideal is good (they mostly fail the smell test) ... but that is the only way good change happens.  Otherwise entropic change happens, and that isn't so good.

Yes, constructive criticism, would mean actual political involvement, not just backbiting.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on January 12, 2018, 07:32:11 PM
"Let’s not be afraid to say the truth. A country that was established by the genocidal treatment of its First People and built from the ground up by the hands of black slaves forcibly brought here from Africa"
Sounds like prettymuch every country ever. Sounds like prettymuch any tribe meeting any other tribe ever on this earth, including the many tribes that existed in the Americas when they interacted with eachother, long before and up until the white man ever showed up. It wasn't sunshine and daisies. It meant death almost every time they met. So no, it's not a white people thing. It's a fucking human thing. It's just that whites created the greatest culture to ever exist - the western tradition - and so it permeated the earth - and so now everybody just pretends whites are the only ones that ever did it, because whites did it the best, I guess.

Quote"The white man should look to his fellow black citizens with nothing less than gratitude and compassion. And yet we have just to look at the quality of life for most African Americans to know that this debt is far from being paid."
Why? Many blacks are born into a way better socio-economic class than I. And certainly I never made a slave of any black person. What the fuck do I have to be guilty of? Original (white) sin? Since some people that looked like me did something bad once? Nah I don't want your dogma, bud.

btw there's slaves in africa right now. And systematic slaughtering of whites. Guess blacks owe me reparations now.

Quote2. Does an Iranian-American count as having white guilt? Because she fucking nails it that white people SHOULD have guilt,
Fuck off and don't speak on my beautiful race, goy-mutt =]

omokuroi

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 16, 2018, 08:40:17 PM
Sounds like prettymuch every country ever. Sounds like prettymuch any tribe meeting any other tribe ever on this earth, including the many tribes that existed in the Americas when they interacted with eachother, long before and up until the white man ever showed up. It wasn't sunshine and daisies. It meant death almost every time they met. So no, it's not a white people thing. It's a fucking human thing. It's just that whites created the greatest culture to ever exist - the western tradition - and so it permeated the earth - and so now everybody just pretends whites are the only ones that ever did it, because whites did it the best, I guess.
Why? Many blacks are born into a way better socio-economic class than I. And certainly I never made a slave of any black person. What the fuck do I have to be guilty of? Original (white) sin? Since some people that looked like me did something bad once? Nah I don't want your dogma, bud.

btw there's slaves in africa right now. And systematic slaughtering of whites. Guess blacks owe me reparations now.
Most of this is quite accurate, but you've, eh, glossed over a handful of essential points.

1) Human thought and behaviour are correlated with sunlight exposure. In particular, those exposed to less sunlight tend to make fewer errors, be more cautious, and perform better on general tests (particularly cognitive ones).

2) Human thought and behaviour are correlated with parasite load. In particular, those with less risk of parasitic infection are more "open to experience"--meaning more creative, more exploratory behaviour, and so on.

I could list quite a few more points, but the gist is that there's plenty of reason to believe white success may primarily have been thanks to Europe being a very choice plot of land, rather than any racial supremacy.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: omokuroi on January 16, 2018, 09:38:53 PM
Most of this is quite accurate, but you've, eh, glossed over a handful of essential points.

1) Human thought and behaviour are correlated with sunlight exposure. In particular, those exposed to less sunlight tend to make fewer errors, be more cautious, and perform better on general tests (particularly cognitive ones).

2) Human thought and behaviour are correlated with parasite load. In particular, those with less risk of parasitic infection are more "open to experience"--meaning more creative, more exploratory behaviour, and so on.

I could list quite a few more points, but the gist is that there's plenty of reason to believe white success may primarily have been thanks to Europe being a very choice plot of land, rather than any racial supremacy.

Would you not conclude, then, that the tribes inhabiting this choice plot of land, being subjected to natural selection in it, would come to have certain qualities to their 'race'?

omokuroi

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 16, 2018, 09:50:01 PM
Would you not conclude, then, that the tribes inhabiting this choice plot of land, being subjected to natural selection in it, would come to have certain qualities to their 'race'?
Obviously. I'm not sure that applies to the sunlight effects, but on the point of exploration and creativeness, it stands to reason that being consistently free from some of the primary risks those entail would shift selection in favour of a higher level.

Of course, those qualities are also assocated with less ethnocentrism. or in other words a lower tendency to say things like "my beautiful race."

Gilgamesh

Quote from: omokuroi on January 16, 2018, 10:03:37 PM
Obviously. I'm not sure that applies to the sunlight effects, but on the point of exploration and creativeness, it stands to reason that being consistently free from some of the primary risks those entail would shift selection in favour of a higher level.

Of course, those qualities are also assocated with less ethnocentrism. or in other words a lower tendency to say things like "my beautiful race."

I see.

For the record, the "my beautiful race" was a joke. I feel no sense of endearment towards backwater white rednecks, for example. You'll come to learn that shiranu is a lefty regressive. Half of the thoughts in his dull head regard race - and every time these thoughts are about the white race in particular, they're not nice. So, in jest, I play the white oppressor he wants all whites to be.

omokuroi

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 16, 2018, 10:06:09 PM
I see.

For the record, the "my beautiful race" was a joke. I feel no sense of endearment towards backwater white rednecks, for example.
I know. I'm trying to be playful.

And also demonstrate that I don't particularly side with racism. Even if you proved some particular ethnic group is five times more likely to have such-and-such negative quality, treating the whole "race" as guilty and sparing other entire "races" which also have that quality in their own amounts would be committing the same error as, say, hating all men because some of them commit rape.

QuoteYou'll come to learn that shiranu is a lefty regressive.
I noticed this the moment I saw a post taking "racism against Muslims" seriously.

Plenty of people are racist against certain ~brown people~ because they associate them with Islam. This has to do with them operating off lazy stereotypes. However, in actuality, Islam is (and Muslims are) just bad. That's not racism... or mistaken. Or really debatable.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on January 13, 2018, 07:19:37 PM
His entire premise is wrong from the beginning though; it's not that he is calling those countries shitholes (let's face it, they are)... it's that he is saying, "Ew, why are we letting those people in? Those people from those shitholes! We don't want refugees, the poor here... we want rich white people, like those in Norway!".

Trump wants refugees that have skills, or want to work - not 30-year-olds with the intelligence of an american 4-year-old.

He's not saying, "ew, I don't want them because I'm an old xenophobic bastard." He's saying, "I don't want people who have 0 skills and 0 intent to be productive - especially when there's tons of people who are both those things competing to get in here." He's bemoaning the fact that you're letting in refugees who are so uneducated that they'd be considered clinically retarded, rather than would-be refugees who have a lot to contribute.

pr126

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 16, 2018, 10:06:09 PM
I see.

For the record, the "my beautiful race" was a joke. I feel no sense of endearment towards backwater white rednecks, for example. You'll come to learn that shiranu is a lefty regressive. Half of the thoughts in his dull head regard race - and every time these thoughts are about the white race in particular, they're not nice. So, in jest, I play the white oppressor he wants all whites to be.

People have to pay an awful lot of money to become a lefty regressive.
Money well spent.

Meanwhile,  the universities are cashing in on this just like the capitalist pigs they denounce.

So far no student noticed or commented.

Irony?

Baruch

Endemic European warfare motivates technology.  Slavery actually demotivates it.  The Romans had little economic incentive to innovate, to reduce the high costs of human labor, because they obtained it thru warfare.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 16, 2018, 09:50:01 PM

Only if epigenetics is correct.  But the primary superiority was warfare technology ... and only after 1500.  A major yet temporary advantage.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Catholic Church in the West and Orthodox Church in the East, suppressed tribalism, for awhile.  In the past, the dispute between Barcelona and Madrid could be solved by sending in the bishops, not sending in the politicians.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 16, 2018, 10:47:39 PM

Trump wants refugees that have skills, or want to work - not 30-year-olds with the intelligence of an american 4-year-old.

He's not saying, "ew, I don't want them because I'm an old xenophobic bastard." He's saying, "I don't want people who have 0 skills and 0 intent to be productive - especially when there's tons of people who are both those things competing to get in here." He's bemoaning the fact that you're letting in refugees who are so uneducated that they'd be considered clinically retarded, rather than would-be refugees who have a lot to contribute.

Trump et al want PhDs who work cheap.  Not progressive at all.  And no country wants immigrants who are a net burden, and some want no immigrants at all.  But the West is special, we deserve all the nursing home residents to move here, for free nursing home.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 16, 2018, 10:47:39 PMHe's not saying, "ew, I don't want them because I'm an old xenophobic bastard." He's saying, "I don't want people who have 0 skills and 0 intent to be productive
Right.  And the "they all have AIDS" stuff is clearly indicative that.