Azam Ali, Iranian-American Singer, on Trump's "Shithole" Remark

Started by Shiranu, January 12, 2018, 07:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2018, 03:22:11 PM
Already is ... heard of the Monroe Doctrine?  And the US for 200 years is the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

It hasn't been, and here is why.  A-H ruled over distinct ethnic groups all in separate places.

But the US is in DANGER of becoming like that.  not 200 years, but now.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 03:24:45 PM
It hasn't been, and here is why.  A-H ruled over distinct ethnic groups all in separate places.

But the US is in DANGER of becoming like that.  not 200 years, but now.

I thought you meant, the W Hemisphere in general.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2018, 03:26:17 PM
I thought you meant, the W Hemisphere in general.

You can't escape THAT easily.  You specifically referred to the Monroe Doctrine.  Don't try to get around a Poly-Sci major...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 03:28:15 PM
You can't escape THAT easily.  You specifically referred to the Monroe Doctrine.  Don't try to get around a Poly-Sci major...

Monroe Doctrine refers to the whole W Hemisphere.  Your point?  It wasn't clear you were only talking about unmanaged immigration.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2018, 03:37:21 PM
Monroe Doctrine refers to the whole W Hemisphere.  Your point?  It wasn't clear you were only talking about unmanaged immigration.

The Monroe Doctrine was entirely a US  declaration and enforced as such.  There was no "western hemisphere" about it.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 03:43:18 PM
The Monroe Doctrine was entirely a US  declaration and enforced as such.  There was no "western hemisphere" about it.

Confusion.  Of course the Europeans and the rest of the W Hemisphere didn't agree.  President Monroe didn't care.  So?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2018, 03:45:01 PM
Confusion.  Of course the Europeans and the rest of the W Hemisphere didn't agree.  President Monroe didn't care.  So?

OK, sorry.  You are saying "western hemisphere" and that is more than "the US".  The Monroe Doctrine was about the Americas but not by all the nations in it just "the US", and we generally consider Western Europe "western hemisphere".  I did not mean to be confusing (though it certainly can be).