Author Topic: Education, Not Income, Predicted Trump's Victory  (Read 232 times)

Re: Education, Not Income, Predicted Trump's Victory
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2018, 08:29:35 PM »
But because I am not a violent advocate for dwarf liberation (ala French Revolution) doesn't mean I am a fellow traveler .. of heightism.
To be fair, if you really don't like it when people are taller than you are, it's always an option to cut off their legs. It doesn't have to be the head.

Offline trdsf

Re: Education, Not Income, Predicted Trump's Victory
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2018, 11:14:02 PM »
That is new to me, but it only suggests that they move left after they become a Supreme Court justice. There's still good evidence that 1) being in a position of advantage makes you more conservative (especially on economic issues), and 2) defense attorneys are far left, prosecutors are fairly left, low-level judges are fairly right, and high-level judges are far right... relative to the legal profession as a whole.
You can't make that assumption.  No data to support it, nor is it a reasonable extrapolation from the research shown.  You just want to try to justify your unsupported comment from before, and you're doing it by making up something whole cloth.

I showed you data, you show me yours.
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief