Author Topic: Sociology 101  (Read 70 times)

Offline Baruch (OP)

Sociology 101
« on: January 11, 2018, 02:20:29 PM »
Human beings are needy, competitive and violent. Being part of a gang is better than being on your own. Being part of a bigger gang, is better than being part of a smaller gang. Thus ... society happens. However Gang 101 tells you that it is necessary to refocus competitiveness and violence outside of the gang. Too much competition and violence in the gang, is counter-productive. So .. to refocus competitiveness, we engage in international trade, and to refocus violence we engage in warfare. Of course some competition still happens inside the gang, and some violence too ... just not as much, and in a much more organized way. To limit and organize competition inside the gang, we have business. To limit and organize violence violence inside the gang, we have police. This is how it works in every society, not just Islam circa 650 CE.

One can be idealistic and ignore actual human behavior. Idealists tend to deny human nature, or have an imaginary view of it (we are all Gandhi).  Do gooders are mostly good, at using social problems as a means to put themselves into power.
שלום

Re: Sociology 101
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 10:16:31 PM »
to refocus violence we engage in warfare

Do you know what warfare consists of?   :headscratch:

Offline Baruch (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 07:08:39 AM »
There is nothing wrong with killing people, if you kill the right people.  Violence is endemic among ape people (all skin colors).
שלום

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 02:59:16 AM »
I have read all of these. It gives me a very good knowledge. I just wanted to know about it.

Offline Baruch (OP)

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 03:04:08 AM »
I have read all of these. It gives me a very good knowledge. I just wanted to know about it.

Please introduce yourself.

I hope my blunt realism isn't too offensive to you.
שלום

Offline Baruch (OP)

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 10:00:39 AM »
War and religion are central to civilization ...

Religion like most sophisticated human behavior is a function of memory ...

In Islam, the very nature of worship, is refreshing the memory of the forgetful human.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 01:06:11 PM by Baruch »
שלום