News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Sociology 101

Started by Baruch, January 11, 2018, 02:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2018, 09:22:24 AM
So you do have eyes in the back of your head ... good.  The fur covered them, right?

Yes, it was a bribe.  I can't offer someone coffee even unofficially.  Yes, friendship outside of work, between boss and bossed is not going to happen, or between contractor and contractee.  It is the way things are.  But don't tell the revolving door people in DC.  Now a days, had that been a guy connected with the Clintons, having gone, you might have slept with the fishes ;-(

We were allowed contractor doughnuts at meetings.  I never even accepted those.  I was forced to take an ethics class and slept through.  The instructor asked my why.  I told him my standards were higher than the Govt's.  I passed the course.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 10:30:09 AM
We were allowed contractor doughnuts at meetings.  I never even accepted those.  I was forced to take an ethics class and slept through.  The instructor asked my why.  I told him my standards were higher than the Govt's.  I passed the course.

I went to a conference for work in DC.  Another local went with me.  Had no sleep that night before the meeting.  The cheapskates had no coffee, no cookies.  Only hard sugar candy.  I fell asleep during the meeting, and became famous.  Luckily a diabetes coma didn't take me.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2018, 10:32:57 AM
I went to a conference for work in DC.  Another local went with me.  Had no sleep that night before the meeting.  The cheapskates had no coffee, no cookies.  Only hard sugar candy.  I fell asleep during the meeting, and became famous.  Luckily a diabetes coma didn't take me.

Food for medical reasons would have been acceptable.  I have it on the best authority.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 10:39:44 AM
Food for medical reasons would have been acceptable.  I have it on the best authority.

Probably contractor sponsored.  We don't have any rules.  I ate a whole bowl of hard candy ... hence the near diabetic event.  It was the only legal drug available at the time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2018, 03:52:39 PM
Probably contractor sponsored.  We don't have any rules.  I ate a whole bowl of hard candy ... hence the near diabetic event.  It was the only legal drug available at the time.

Try a peach next time.  And I used to carry apples around with me on campus.  Sure beat those vending machine sandwiches.