News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My Review Of AtheistForums.org

Started by ƵenKlassen, January 09, 2018, 11:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 11, 2018, 10:44:04 AM
I like your thoughts.  But what makes you think he not in the 'dustbin' already?  And 'loser' is too nice of a word to use on this guy.  :victory:

we certain this guys isn't just trolling to get peoples hackles up?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on January 11, 2018, 02:26:03 PM
we certain this guys isn't just trolling to get peoples hackles up?
Oh, he is a troll of one sort or another.  What his motives are would be conjecture.  He has proven time and again he is one of the lower forms of human--if really human at all.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 11, 2018, 02:36:42 PM
Oh, he is a troll of one sort or another.  What his motives are would be conjecture.  He has proven time and again he is one of the lower forms of human--if really human at all.
Well, he's only an amoeba, so watch out for amoebic dysentery!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Fidel_Castronaut

There's nothing like joining a forum to start a thread complaining about another forum.

I'm sure the goons of af.com really appreciate that, yo.

Real talk, though. A YouTube video with a swastika in the back ground; classy, and just screams 'take me seriously' >_>
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on January 09, 2018, 11:02:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJxDGrQwuh0

This is my review of atheistforums.org, not atheistforums.com. So please don't get confused.

Anyways, stay away from .org because they'll censor you for having an opinion.

Nuff said. . .

I just listened to a few seconds of this video out of curiosity, and man this guy's voice is boring. He sounds like a robot trying to mimic human speech, only robots are actually more convincing these days.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 11, 2018, 05:22:17 PM
I just listened to a few seconds of this video out of curiosity, and man is this guy's voice is boring. He sounds like a robot trying to mimic human speech, only robots are actually more convincing these days.

True Dat
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

ƵenKlassen

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 11, 2018, 05:22:17 PM
I just listened to a few seconds of this video out of curiosity, and man is this guy's voice is boring. He sounds like a robot trying to mimic human speech, only robots are actually more convincing these days.

Well, that's because I was reading off a script so that I wouldn't ramble on or get off topic.
You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on January 11, 2018, 06:19:26 PM
Well, that's because I was reading off a script so that I wouldn't ramble on or get off topic.
Or be at all interesting.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on January 11, 2018, 06:19:26 PM

Did you take acting lessons from Ben Stein? Wow...
--Fulke Greville--

ƵenKlassen

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 11, 2018, 07:11:11 PM
Did you take acting lessons from Ben Stein? Wow...

Well, at least I don't sound like an annoying moron screaming into the mic (like PewDiePie for example).

Baruch

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on January 11, 2018, 07:23:43 PM
Well, at least I don't sound like an annoying moron screaming into the mic (like PewDiePie for example).

Everyone wants to be a shock-jock (strap) these days!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on January 11, 2018, 07:23:43 PM

At least then, you'd be more entertaining. And really? You're comparing yourself to one of the most successful YouTubers in history? How overinflated is your hubris?
--Fulke Greville--

ƵenKlassen

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 11, 2018, 07:54:17 PM
At least then, you'd be more entertaining. And really? You're comparing yourself to one of the most successful YouTubers in history? How overinflated is your hubris?

Popularity doesn't always equal quality. I would rather watch a video that's unpopular but informational than watch a video that's popular but stupid and makes me lose brain cells. (Not that I'm saying my videos are phenomenal or anything)