News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My Review Of AtheistForums.org

Started by ƵenKlassen, January 09, 2018, 11:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

That OP seemed more like a rant than a review.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 10, 2018, 12:31:23 PM
Nah. I don't fuck with socks. I believe everyone has the right to stop a conversation with anyone at any time. To be banned is just someone exercising their right to stop interacting with you, if you think about it, since 99% of bannings are approved of by the community at large of any given board. If a community doesn't want to interact with me, I will respect that - even if I think they're being stupid. I wouldn't try to circumvent that.

So as hard as it may be for you to acknowledge not one but two separate people with fringe opinions existing in your observable universe, you're just gonna' have to do it. Or not.

I've been effectively banned from a discussion board.  After 10 years, some new popular guy called me a troll, and you can't escape that easily.  Well, I WAS challenging. 

So I know the feeling.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

Do you think we value your opinion, Zen? I don't. As a matter of fact, your negative opinion of the .org site has actually increased my interest in it. I don't really need another atheist forum since this one already gives me the skeptical community I need, but your disapproval is equivalent to high praise to me.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 10, 2018, 01:51:16 PM
Do you think we value your opinion, Zen? I don't. As a matter of fact, your negative opinion of the .org site has actually increased my interest in it. I don't really need another atheist forum since this one already gives me the skeptical community I need, but your disapproval is equivalent to high praise to me.

By all means, check out any site interesting to you.  It's not like there was a loyalty pledge here.  I find this one "sufficient".  And better if Baruch would leave.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on January 10, 2018, 02:03:52 PM
By all means, check out any site interesting to you.  It's not like there was a loyalty pledge here.  I find this one "sufficient".  And better if Baruch would leave.

It's not loyalty to this site, it's need. This site fills my need, so I don't bother to find another site that would just serve the same purpose for me.
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

And better if Baruch would leave.
Oh, I don't know, he can be entertaining, if not taken too seriously, and occasionally even informative.
God Not Found

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 10, 2018, 02:29:54 PM
Oh, I don't know, he can be entertaining, if not taken too seriously, and occasionally even informative.

Personally, I usually ignore him. But it still tickles me when apologists come here and act like they know more than Baruch. When he speaks on topics he's thoroughly learned on, I do pay attention.
--Fulke Greville--

Gilgamesh

ƵenKlassen

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 10, 2018, 01:51:16 PM

Well, good for you, then. Go hang out with your politically correct, liberal friends.

(((Blackleaf)))
You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on January 10, 2018, 02:43:47 PM
Well, good for you, then. Go hang out with your politically correct, liberal friends.

(((Blackleaf)))

Ooh, another side heard from!  And IN ALL BOLD!

Baruch

Build your own tree house.  One of the guys banned here, did ... crickets.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 10, 2018, 11:36:40 AM
Don't you dare Cave, I derive great schadenfreude from your interactions with Baruch. I'd hate to see you leave us for another forum.

I get excitement in my Freudian slips from Plato's Cavebear.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 10, 2018, 11:37:41 AM
It's English only, yes.

Regarding "sciforums" ... if it isn't all Dirac "bra" and "ket" then it is fake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIYIFCVICcA

But the source, Capt Kirk would scream ... Khan!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 10, 2018, 11:40:21 AM
Baruch is somewhere between a court jester and a bored librarian.  I need neither in my life.

I wasn't planning on dating you either.

We are both already married to our cats.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.