News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My Review Of AtheistForums.org

Started by ƵenKlassen, January 09, 2018, 11:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on January 10, 2018, 10:13:34 AM
Yeah, they'll ban you if you ever say anything against cops or the Zionist elite.
lol, you're not exactly helping your case with that.

ƵenKlassen

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 10, 2018, 10:23:41 AM
lol, you're not exactly helping your case with that.

Well, it's true. I mean, I got banned for having a thread titled "Cops are wonderful, aren't they?"

Here's the thread: https://atheistforums.org/thread-52503.html
You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't.

Cavebear

I'm sure other atheist discussion groups are also good.  I just like this one.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Funny, I give people hell in the "Fucking Cops" threads, etc., and as I wasn't an utter shithead I wasn't banned.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on January 10, 2018, 10:53:21 AM
I'm sure other atheist discussion groups are also good.  I just like this one.
Sciforums.com is fun.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Hmmm, maybe I should check them out.  They wouldn't allow Baruch there, right?

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Cavebear on January 10, 2018, 11:31:59 AM

Don't you dare Cave, I derive great schadenfreude from your interactions with Baruch. I'd hate to see you leave us for another forum.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on January 10, 2018, 11:31:59 AM
It's English only, yes.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 10, 2018, 11:36:40 AM
Don't you dare Cave, I derive great schadenfreude from your interactions with Baruch. I'd hate to see you leave us for another forum.
I rotate through 18 forums with occasional visits to that many more. There's no need to "leave".
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 10, 2018, 11:36:40 AM

Baruch is somewhere between a court jester and a bored librarian.  I need neither in my life.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 10, 2018, 08:31:37 AM
And you're one of Ben's socks.

Nah. I don't fuck with socks. I believe everyone has the right to stop a conversation with anyone at any time. To be banned is just someone exercising their right to stop interacting with you, if you think about it, since 99% of bannings are approved of by the community at large of any given board. If a community doesn't want to interact with me, I will respect that - even if I think they're being stupid. I wouldn't try to circumvent that.

So as hard as it may be for you to acknowledge not one but two separate people with fringe opinions existing in your observable universe, you're just gonna' have to do it. Or not.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 10, 2018, 12:31:23 PM
Nah. I don't fuck with socks. I believe everyone has the right to stop a conversation with anyone at any time. To be banned is just someone exercising their right to stop interacting with you, if you think about it, since 99% of bannings are approved of by the community at large of any given board. If a community doesn't want to interact with me, I will respect that - even if I think they're being stupid. I wouldn't try to circumvent that.

So as hard as it may be for you to acknowledge not one but two separate people with fringe opinions existing in your observable universe, you're just gonna' have to do it. Or not.
When you speak I don't have to listen, I see your lips move.
PZ Myers

Gilgamesh

I also realised I confused my time - and banning - on .org with the thinking atheist forums. When I said they're a bunch of circle-jerking faggots, I was talking about TTA forums. I actually remember being quite liked on .org, and they had some pretty cool people. Still a little circle-jerky, as any place will be when you get a bunch of people with the same opinions together - but not to the point of being a toxic cesspool. But that's just what I remember from my time there like 3-4 years ago before I was banned for 'being racist.' While I disagree with that - and disagree with taking authoritative action at all in response to perceived racist rhetoric - it wasn't an entirely unfair ruling, since it was a direct response to a needless troll-post.

Munch

tried it out couple years ago, I didn't really find anything worthwhile to stick around for. Think I prefer smaller forum sites like these.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on January 10, 2018, 12:01:10 AM
I was instantly banned from a religion forum on Facebook.  All Democrats/Canadians all the time.  Non-Democrats not allowed.  That is the only time I was harmed by PC ... thankfully tis but a scratch ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG1P8MQS1cU

Glad you are one of the Black Knights!  Just watch out for the broadsword I keep behind my apartment front door.

Pugio cave maiorem
That Black Knight must have some really awesome teeth to bite anything through that helmet!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman