Man, this is really disgusting!

Started by Unbeliever, January 09, 2018, 05:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TglP5YUxr1k

Here's a more complete video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sg8lY-leE8&feature=share

I don't understand how this could even happen! I hope that cop/security guy (or whatever) gets in major fucking trouble for this. I hope those school councilors get ousted for giving themselves a raise while not raising the teacher's pay, as well, but they seemed to be fine with this teacher getting arrested for asking them about it. What a crock of shit!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Luther Martini

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 09, 2018, 05:31:10 PM
... I hope that cop/security guy (or whatever) gets in major fucking trouble for this. ....

I hope that the cop/security guy and whoever told him to arrest the teacher get into major trouble.  The people of Louisiana should not stand for this injustice.  The state is in major financial trouble, and their education ranking is one of the worst in the country.  With all that going for them, the leaders of this parish school board decide to give the administrator a huge raise while offering nothing to the teachers.

Munch

Maybe the cops being paid off by the superintendent.

Is pretty fucking gross, makes me think of my just left job, the one who owned the retail chain was the kind of asshole who didn't want to conform to the standard minimum wage increase the uk put in place last year, so his solution all across the country was simply to pressure managers not to hire new staff as much, but to force more on those already employed, squeeze it out of them. He was a piece of trash, just like this superintendent.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

aitm

Yeah I watched that as well and thought, fuck man, really? Is this where we are heading?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on January 09, 2018, 10:26:53 PM
Yeah I watched that as well and thought, fuck man, really? Is this where we are heading?

AK-47s thanks NRA!

Uzis for Jewish folk of course.  Gotta stay kosher.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Brian37

No, what is disgusting is that an order was given that lead to that. And you cant' single out one event. The teacher was right to question pay inequality. But it is far worse in the CORPORATE world. No other western ally has the pay gap we do between CEOs and lowest wage workers. The asshole who gave the order is the one to blame. I am sure that poor guy did not want to do what he did and had a family to feed himself. Not saying it was right, but 36 years of GOP gutting funding and deregulation leads to this type of greed she was rightfully questioning.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

SGOS

Quote from: Brian37 on January 10, 2018, 07:41:42 AM
I am sure that poor guy did not want to do what he did and had a family to feed himself. Not saying it was right, but 36 years of GOP gutting funding and deregulation leads to this type of greed she was rightfully questioning.
I had that thought too.  The cop like the teacher, was just some low level employee carrying out the orders of the power elite.  In the end, he will be the one who gets thrown under the bus as the administration and the media reframes the issue from free speech to excessive force. There may or may not have been excessive force.  You can't really tell from the video.  But the denial of free speech does appear to be there.

That woman was asking an entirely reasonable question, and from what the video shows, in the most reasonable manner imaginable.  Her concern was not just that of other teachers, but of all interested taxpayers as well.  A simple question which is the first one that comes to mind appears to be ignored entirely without even some bullshit tap dance that confuses the issue enough to quell any further inquiry.

The question is at the forefront of society's consciousness in today's economic environment.  It's a good question, not just some whiney diversion of singular self interest.

Brian37

Quote from: SGOS on January 10, 2018, 09:33:22 AM
I had that thought too.  The cop like the teacher, was just some low level employee carrying out the orders of the power elite.  In the end, he will be the one who gets thrown under the bus as the administration and the media reframes the issue from free speech to excessive force. There may or may not have been excessive force.  You can't really tell from the video.  But the denial of free speech does appear to be there.

That woman was asking an entirely reasonable question, and from what the video shows, in the most reasonable manner imaginable.  Her concern was not just that of other teachers, but of all interested taxpayers as well.  A simple question which is the first one that comes to mind appears to be ignored entirely without even some bullshit tap dance that confuses the issue enough to quell any further inquiry.

The question is at the forefront of society's consciousness in today's economic environment.  It's a good question, not just some whiney diversion of singular self interest.

Pitting society against law/security is the same GOP scam corporate America does between low level workers/management vs customers.

Call in a complaint to a call center, or go to complain to a store manager, and the fight is between those two, and not enough people want to consider the long term problem is the business model at the top, the policies that allow that distraction.

I was a a dollar store a couple weeks ago, and a school teacher was buying supplies for her students, with a proud look on her face, I turned to her and said, "While I think that is great, you shouldn't have to pay for that, the tax payers should be paying for it."

I feel the same way about the teacher vs the security guy. Neither should be put in that position.

Just like a person in a call center should not have to be pitted against the consumer. I am not saying the customer is always right, I am saying big corporations care far more about profits, than they do about the mental health or health of their workers, or the satisfaction of the consumer.

This is again, a long term climate, not a one incident issue.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

SGOS

My brother-in-law who lives in the Chicago area was complaining about the Superintendent of Schools.  Granted, it's a job with a lot of responsibility, and while he didn't comment directly on his huge salary, which sounded phenomenal to me (a guy coming from a state where the entire population is only a fraction of the population of Chicago), he did note that his contract called for a large bonus if the students showed an improvement in achievement scores.  He asked, "Why should he get a bonus for doing his job?"  It's a reasonable question, I think, since, raising student achievement should be in the job description of everyone in the agency, but the bonus sort of implies the responsibility lies solely with the superintendent.  It's a complicated issue, and I don't know the case the school board used to justify the bonus.  Perhaps I was just enamored by the cleverness of the question.  It did make me chuckle.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on January 10, 2018, 11:05:35 AM
My brother-in-law who lives in the Chicago area was complaining about the Superintendent of Schools.  Granted, it's a job with a lot of responsibility, and while he didn't comment directly on his huge salary, which sounded phenomenal to me (a guy coming from a state where the entire population is only a fraction of the population of Chicago), he did note that his contract called for a large bonus if the students showed an improvement in achievement scores.  He asked, "Why should he get a bonus for doing his job?"  It's a reasonable question, I think, since, raising student achievement should be in the job description of everyone in the agency, but the bonus sort of implies the responsibility lies solely with the superintendent.  It's a complicated issue, and I don't know the case the school board used to justify the bonus.  Perhaps I was just enamored by the cleverness of the question.  It did make me chuckle.

I always have to laugh then someone says "but I'm doing the best I can".  OK. I get that you tried.  Maybe even tried real hard.  But move over, Chuckles, and give someone else a try.

Incompetence is not a defense of failure.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on January 10, 2018, 09:33:22 AM

Looked to me quite like a lot of political rallies in 2016 and before.  Violence is becoming more acceptable, not less.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Isn't that literally what the first amendment to the american constitution was supposed to prevent?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

SGOS

Quote from: Jason78 on January 13, 2018, 09:29:53 AM
Isn't that literally what the first amendment to the american constitution was supposed to prevent?
Yeah, and now that I'm thinking about the issue, it seems to me that the amendment is directed at enforcement, not the citizen.   Any citizen with a mouth can say anything short of yelling, "Fire!"  Any violation can only be committed by authorities attempting to restrict speech.  There are exceptions, although probably not documented like where someone may be disturbing the peace.  This woman was not doing that, she was asking a reasonable question.

And when I look at the bigger issue from that perspective, how is punishment doled out to authorities that violate a person's free speech?  Who pays a fine?  Who goes to jail?  If a citizen steals a loaf of bread, he is punished for breaking a law, so who is punished for breaking this law?  I think what happens is the citizen is forgiven for a crime he did not commit, and the case is thrown out, which creates the false impression that justice has been concluded, while the guilt of the actual offender is not dealt with.  It seems kind of weird.

Perhaps the first amendment is not intended to remedy violations.  Instead, it only intends to prevent the innocents from being convicted, since there never seems to be a proscribed punishment for the actual violation.  I guess that works, although it seems rather inconvenient to be handcuffed and taken off to jail because someone else violates your rights.  Something seems wrong there.

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on January 13, 2018, 09:29:53 AM

Freedom of speech only applies to limits of the Federal government on citizens.  State and local governments can do whatever they want (Federalism) unless a Federal judge blocks it (Jim Crow).  And employers have absolute power over your speech, including what you do on Facebook after hours.

There is no freedom of anything ... that is a psyop of the Founding Liars.  The first 10 amendments of the US Constitution of 1787 ( a coup de etat by Washington and Franklin) was the influence of Jefferson (who was away in Paris as US ambassador) who was trying to moderate the negative effects of this coup de etat ... and get the critics of the draft Constitution on-side (see Federalist and anti-Federalist papers), both inside and outside the Convention, so that enough states would ratify it.  It was never quite satisfactory, even with further amendments ... so eventually we get to 1860.  By that time the protagonists are Americans (an new historical narrative) instead of Englishmen (the old historical narrative).  Essentially, thru warfare, a new USA was created by Lincoln, who didn't live long to enjoy his emulation of Washington.  Of course Washington had done just that ... created a new nation thru warfare.  But all Lincoln's followers did, was add further amendments, not call for a new Constitutional convention, as Washington chose to.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on January 13, 2018, 10:31:08 AM
Yeah, and now that I'm thinking about the issue, it seems to me that the amendment is directed at enforcement, not the citizen.   Any citizen with a mouth can say anything short of yelling, "Fire!"  Any violation can only be committed by authorities attempting to restrict speech.  There are exceptions, although probably not documented like where someone may be disturbing the peace.  This woman was not doing that, she was asking a reasonable question.

And when I look at the bigger issue from that perspective, how is punishment doled out to authorities that violate a person's free speech?  Who pays a fine?  Who goes to jail?  If a citizen steals a loaf of bread, he is punished for breaking a law, so who is punished for breaking this law?  I think what happens is the citizen is forgiven for a crime he did not commit, and the case is thrown out, which creates the false impression that justice has been concluded, while the guilt of the actual offender is not dealt with.  It seems kind of weird.

Perhaps the first amendment is not intended to remedy violations.  Instead, it only intends to prevent the innocents from being convicted, since there never seems to be a proscribed punishment for the actual violation.  I guess that works, although it seems rather inconvenient to be handcuffed and taken off to jail because someone else violates your rights.  Something seems wrong there.

Freedom of speech is for the citizenry.  The government has no right to it.  The Government is not a person.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!