Republicans Determined to Lose Senate

Started by trdsf, January 09, 2018, 03:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 18, 2018, 10:31:49 AM
I won't disagree in the slightest there.  But the Republicans might be out of power after 2018 for a decade.  And that might mean the Democrats can un-screw-up the laws...  As they are often forced to do.

Yeah, like they tried to do in the 1860 election.  Just say no to New England.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 18, 2018, 01:25:54 PM
The blatant abortion of Obamacare sunk the 2010 Congress.  It wouldn't have mattered if Romney had been in the White House.

Dems should just hand out $100 bills to each Dem voter at each polling station, as a thank you.

Obamacare was a first step to catch up to the REST Of The World.  And the Repubs hated it because it helped the poor and needy.  The Repubs should read 'A Christmas Carol'.

HINT!  It isn't really about Scrooge.  It is about the world he lived in.  It was a novel describing the social transition underway at the time.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 18, 2018, 01:39:33 PM
Obamacare was a first step to catch up to the REST Of The World.  And the Repubs hated it because it helped the poor and needy.  The Repubs should read 'A Christmas Carol'.

HINT!  It isn't really about Scrooge.  It is about the world he lived in.  It was a novel describing the social transition underway at the time.

Move to Canada, Kiss your Trudeau ;-)  As a Federal retiree, don't you get free everything yet?

Obamacare was Romneycare ... from Heritage Foundation ... pure Republican crap, redressed as Democrat crap.

If you want to do something, there are seniors who cost $5000 per month, in nursing homes all over America.  Give a little.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 18, 2018, 01:44:23 PM
Move to Canada, Kiss your Trudeau ;-)  As a Federal retiree, don't you get free everything yet?

Obamacare was Romneycare ... from Heritage Foundation ... pure Republican crap, redressed as Democrat crap.

If you want to do something, there are seniors who cost $5000 per month, in nursing homes all over America.  Give a little.

I know Obamacare was RomneyCare.  Give me some credit...  Which is why the Repubs hatred of it is all the more irrational.

And BTW, my elderly Dad stayed with me several years so he could avoid that $5000 monthly cost.  He finally couldn't stand upright and I couldn't lift him anymore.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 18, 2018, 02:04:21 PM
I know Obamacare was RomneyCare.  Give me some credit...  Which is why the Repubs hatred of it is all the more irrational.

And BTW, my elderly Dad stayed with me several years so he could avoid that $5000 monthly cost.  He finally couldn't stand upright and I couldn't lift him anymore.

Yes, life with seniors sucks like that.  Went thru it with my mom.  But no, you have irrational reaction to Republicans ... they didn't hate it, they pretended to hate it.  They are getting money from the crooked insurance companies, same as the Democrats.  In that regard, they are just the same damn party.  Democrats are all for Romneycare as long as Obama proposes it ... with a friend like that, who needs enemies!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 18, 2018, 02:14:39 PM
Yes, life with seniors sucks like that.  Went thru it with my mom.  But no, you have irrational reaction to Republicans ... they didn't hate it, they pretended to hate it.  They are getting money from the crooked insurance companies, same as the Democrats.  In that regard, they are just the same damn party.  Democrats are all for Romneycare as long as Obama proposes it ... with a friend like that, who needs enemies!

I hate it when you are right.  Fortunately, this isn't one of those times.  I say that ObamaCare didn't go far enough to catch us up to TROTW!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 18, 2018, 02:18:29 PM
I hate it when you are right.  Fortunately, this isn't one of those times.  I say that ObamaCare didn't go far enough to catch us up to TROTW!

I support that ... but not Single-Payer.  You have to cut the insurance companies completely out of it.  It can be afforded, if you stop the existing foreign policy, so you can cut the DoD in half, and use the savings.  Paying for all the college student loans is pocket change ... but reps want to suck loan officer cocks.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 18, 2018, 02:21:23 PM
I support that ... but not Single-Payer.  You have to cut the insurance companies completely out of it.  It can be afforded, if you stop the existing foreign policy, so you can cut the DoD in half, and use the savings.  Paying for all the college student loans is pocket change ... but reps want to suck loan officer cocks.

Businesses aren't government agencies.  Aren't the Repubs the ones who say commercial competition is good?  Some technologies get outdated.  Otherwise, I will buy a whale oil lamp company and sue the electric bulb ones...

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on January 18, 2018, 02:21:23 PM
Even I talk about single payer.  But I don't envision it ever.  No politician is going to kill the insurance companies, but to get something like universal, they will have to be downsized.  Ideally, they should be removed entirely from the picture.  Don't panic.  Insurance companies will never die.  Even with Medicare, which most Americans see as fantastic, it's still all relative, and you will still have to buy extra coverage from a corporation, as I now pay out of pocket approaching the amount it cost me before I had Medicare.  Medicare is quite good, but don't expect it to it save your ass by itself.  Americans will never see full coverage in Medicare or universal, no matter how much it would benefit everyone, as "universal" suggests it should.  Insurance companies hold the cards, as they hold the politicians.  But to get something like so called universal coverage, we will still be owing the insurance companies, and quite a lot at that, I fear.  Corporations will survive.  We still haven't taken a baby step toward achieving something that approaches universal. 

Obamacare is not it.  It's forced participation that serves the identity politics that Sanders reasoned is failing the Democratic party and was part of what lost the White House.  I don't know that I agree with Sanders.  I'm not a strategist, but I am willing to consider that he might be right.  I'm pretty sure the others are wrong.  If he's right, social legislation needs to help everyone, not just those who are identified as having some kind of identity, be they people of color, women, or the poor.  And it needs to include the 1 percent of the economic elite too in order to be universal.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 18, 2018, 03:06:10 PM
Businesses aren't government agencies.  Aren't the Repubs the ones who say commercial competition is good?  Some technologies get outdated.  Otherwise, I will buy a whale oil lamp company and sue the electric bulb ones...

insurance is fraud ... it isn't high technology.

Politics is fraud too.  Honesty would kill half of the world economy, and I am not sure of the other half.  We need WWIII.  Maybe the mutant humans in Planet of the Apes II will be more reasonable ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr71NZTjRu4
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on January 18, 2018, 06:32:53 PM
Even I talk about single payer.  But I don't envision it ever.  No politician is going to kill the insurance companies, but to get something like universal, they will have to be downsized.  Ideally, they should be removed entirely from the picture.  Don't panic.  Insurance companies will never die.  Even with Medicare, which most Americans see as fantastic, it's still all relative, and you will still have to buy extra coverage from a corporation, as I now pay out of pocket approaching the amount it cost me before I had Medicare.  Medicare is quite good, but don't expect it to it save your ass by itself.  Americans will never see full coverage in Medicare or universal, no matter how much it would benefit everyone, as "universal" suggests it should.  Insurance companies hold the cards, as they hold the politicians.  But to get something like so called universal coverage, we will still be owing the insurance companies, and quite a lot at that, I fear.  Corporations will survive.  We still haven't taken a baby step toward achieving something that approaches universal. 

Obamacare is not it.  It's forced participation that serves the identity politics that Sanders reasoned is failing the Democratic party and was part of what lost the White House.  I don't know that I agree with Sanders.  I'm not a strategist, but I am willing to consider that he might be right.  I'm pretty sure the others are wrong.  If he's right, social legislation needs to help everyone, not just those who are identified as having some kind of identity, be they people of color, women, or the poor.  And it needs to include the 1 percent of the economic elite too in order to be universal.

Pooling stupidity, just makes compounded stupidity.  Just enslave the doctors, make them work for free.  Particularly Dr Zhivago.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

I'm still not convinced that Trumps conversion to Republican was genuine.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Hydra009

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 19, 2018, 12:29:19 AM
I had a teacher who was adamant that Trump was an intentionally terrible candidate who's in league with the Clintons and was going to throw the race to ensure that Clinton would be the next President.  I was going to check back with him after the election to see if he was open to amending his theory, but I never did.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 19, 2018, 12:44:51 AM
I had a teacher who was adamant that Trump was an intentionally terrible candidate who's in league with the Clintons and was going to throw the race to ensure that Clinton would be the next President.  I was going to check back with him after the election to see if he was open to amending his theory, but I never did.
I'd be curious to know how he arrived at that conclusion.

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 19, 2018, 12:29:19 AM

The wise say little, but what they say is correct.

We will see soon, if Trump signs the new bill, just passed by the Senate, that declares that NSA is god!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.