News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Chris Langan

Started by JCM800, January 09, 2018, 01:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 10, 2018, 02:13:47 PM
I hate it when people misuse the word "theory," especially when people are trying to act smart.

Everyone here is "Wile E Coyote" but nobody is "Roadrunner"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZZDqwKASbI
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yeah, Mr. Coyote was a very stable genius.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 10, 2018, 02:24:19 PM
Yeah, Mr. Coyote was a very stable genius.

We can hope that like the Coyote never caught the Roadrunner, nor the dog catch the car, that Trump won't catch Kim.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on January 10, 2018, 02:25:47 PM
We can hope that like the Coyote never caught the Roadrunner, nor the dog catch the car, that Trump won't catch Kim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kP2piN-03k
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

I hate it when people misuse the word "theory," especially when people are trying to act smart.

Yeah, a supposition is sure not a theory.  I find that annoying myself. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hakurei Reimu

Just goes to show that smarts is no substitute for an education. I don't care how well you test on an objective test of intelligence, if you grew up in a prescientific, stone-age Amazon nomadic tribe, your knowledge will reflect that fact, and will not be superior to the hardworking, diligent, and curious student of any modern society.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on January 10, 2018, 06:11:14 PM
Just goes to show that smarts is no substitute for an education. I don't care how well you test on an objective test of intelligence, if you grew up in a prescientific, stone-age Amazon nomadic tribe, your knowledge will reflect that fact, and will not be superior to the hardworking, diligent, and curious student of any modern society.

Sorry, Diana would still kick your soft over-educated ass ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeZ8X5FKl78

Y'all aren't smart, your Seri is ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

I beg to differ, sir. The classic iterations of WW had the Amazons as an advanced scientific culture with Greek motifs, and even when they aren't magic is real workable technique and as such there is something to know about it.

Besides, my statement stands even then. Diana would have a knowledge reflecting her society, and she is, in fact, a diligent, hardworking and curious student of her particular learning.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

SGOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kP2piN-03k
Ahh, I remember the days when every movie included a cartoon, and a news reel.  On rare occasion, they would also show a Three Stooges short.  And it was almost always a double feature.  Admission for under twelve was 25 cents; Adults were charged 75 cents.  At one time, admission was 5 cents, but that was before my time.

There were some shitty theaters that only showed a single feature, and I thought it was a rip-off.  I avoided the gyp joints, however.  Why would I spend my allowance money on a single feature when nearer to my house there was a double feature?  People would rush to the restrooms between features to pee, and sometimes the restrooms reeked so bad of urine I wouldn't even buy popcorn after going to pee.  I couldn't really afford popcorn anyway.  It was 10 cents, and the boxes weren't all that big.

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on January 11, 2018, 11:04:20 AM
I beg to differ, sir. The classic iterations of WW had the Amazons as an advanced scientific culture with Greek motifs, and even when they aren't magic is real workable technique and as such there is something to know about it.

Besides, my statement stands even then. Diana would have a knowledge reflecting her society, and she is, in fact, a diligent, hardworking and curious student of her particular learning.

Well parried ;-0
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pato15

To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

Unbeliever

Yeah, I've seen that one too, and it's pretty funny! Did the Coyote eat his friend?
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: pato15 on January 18, 2018, 04:57:03 PM

This one is my favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avau9OFPFJ0

The part from 0:44 to about 0:54 reminds me of Inigo Montoya's last line in The Princess Bride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6-Dt1g2E18
God Not Found

Cavebear

When I was young, I was always on Wiley's side.  I could watch all day, cringing at what I knew would be another hopeless effort.  I even saw the episode where his Dad told him he could never speak again until he caught the Roadrunner. 

Thank you...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!