News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Terror attack in Australia

Started by GrinningYMIR, December 22, 2017, 09:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 23, 2017, 08:02:46 AM
If they change their evaluation, I will too.  But on an official pronouncement.

tbh my fuzzy friend, you shouldn't take everything government says as canon, they really only have their own interests in mind.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on December 24, 2017, 06:20:05 AM
tbh my fuzzy friend, you shouldn't take everything government says as canon, they really only have their own interests in mind.

This is a guy who filed his toilet paper in triplicate, for decades ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on December 24, 2017, 01:37:07 AM
“They question thee about strong drink and games of chance. Say: In both is great sin, and (some) utility for men; but the sin of them is greater than their usefulness. "

"O you who believe, intoxicants, gambling, altars and arrows of chance are afflictions which are the work of the devil; you shall stay away from him, that you may succeed"

Allah is saying that alcohol is a great sin; if you are a devout follower of Allah, are you going to do something that he himself proclaims to be a great sin?

And yes, the Qu'ran contradicts itself. Welcome to what I have been saying for several years now.

All religious texts contradict themselves.  That's how they manage to mean all things to many people.  That doesn't make them true are even rational.  In fact, never rational (to the degree that rational means consistent (and it should).

Prohibitions are an entirely different thing though, and should probably be discussed separately.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!