Liberals Play the Blame Game (Parody)

Started by Shiranu, January 07, 2018, 04:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 18, 2018, 10:24:21 AM
Here's a thought... 

I think we need a new Constitution.  But I would fight against the idea.  I won't trust politicians to make a new one that makes any sense.

It would be far worse now, than the one we have.  People have disproven evolution, because Americans are de-evolving back into lower life forms.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 18, 2018, 01:20:13 PM
It would be far worse now, than the one we have.  People have disproven evolution, because Americans are de-evolving back into lower life forms.

You just HAD to go say something stupid again!  And you had been doing so well recently.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

I think when Baruch says things that can be perceived as stupid, his tongue is firmly ensconced in his cheek. Not necessarily the cheek below his eyes, though...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 18, 2018, 02:13:35 PM
I think when Baruch says things that can be perceived as stupid, his tongue is firmly ensconced in his cheek. Not necessarily the cheek below his eyes, though...

Then, the rules of intelligent snark demand a hint...  Like maybe a Scrabble tile-holder with letters out of order.

I bet he starts thinking about that in 3...2...1...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 18, 2018, 02:16:09 PM
Then, the rules of intelligent snark demand a hint...  Like maybe a Scrabble tile-holder with letters out of order.

I bet he starts thinking about that in 3...2...1...

Mahjong, Capitalist running dog!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Cavebear on January 18, 2018, 10:24:21 AM
Here's a thought... 

I think we need a new Constitution.  But I would fight against the idea.  I won't trust politicians to make a new one that makes any sense.

If we start over and wipe the board clean our enemies would leap for joy to smash us flat.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on January 20, 2018, 04:43:12 PM
If we start over and wipe the board clean our enemies would leap for joy to smash us flat.

Three choices ...

1. No constitution
2. Unwritten constitution
3. Written constitution

Two ways of changing a written constitution ...

1. Ignore it
2. Amend it
3. Have new convention

People who didn't like a minimal suppression of chattel slavery, wanted to ignore it.  People who don't like something, say the Electoral College, want to suborn it.  Yes, the Federal government was all powerful in 1860 ... very scary ... not!  But it is much more powerful now.  The world is a much more dangerous place.

A suggestion for disgruntled Democrats in 1860 or 2016 ... get an amendment passed.  Then you have no problem with secession of Mississippi or California.  Then you don't have to worry about the Electoral College.  Get off your anti-social asses.

The first convention wasn't a reasonable thing, it was a coup de etat by Franklin, Washington et al.  It created bad blood with the anti-Federalists, who created serious trouble 73 years later.  Just amend it, don't abolish it.  Oh .... and D and R Johnny Rebs ... do support the existing constitution, don't ignore it.  This leads to FEMA camps under some sort of dictatorship ... you won't like it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 21, 2018, 09:10:39 AM
  Yes, the Federal government was all powerful in 1860 ... very scary ... not! 

The Federal Government was very weak in 1860. It could barely call up troops, depended on the States for compliance, and hardly even had a finance system.

I can't tell whether you know that and ignore facts for an arguement in your favor, or don't know.  Either way, your arguement is false.

Baruch

It was satire.  Back to bed, old man ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 24, 2018, 07:24:01 AM
It was satire.  Back to bed, old man ;-)

It wasn't and you are retreating.  Facts get in your way.