Liberals Play the Blame Game (Parody)

Started by Shiranu, January 07, 2018, 04:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

Chump wasn't elected, he was selected by the Electoral College.

Either that, or it was the lizard people...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 07, 2018, 05:52:23 PM
That's one of the ones left out.  Plus gerrymandering.  Imo, both were contributing factors.

The thing that bugs me about this is that there's no one cause, just a bunch of little things that added up to this SNAFU.  Major events rarely have only a single cause, so that's a foolish thing to expect.

But I will offer up this observation: if the Republican contenders had been stronger, Trump would've never secured the nomination in the first place.  And it goes without saying that the Democrats (particularly the DNC) dropped the ball as well.  Trump, like Putin, exploited weakness/vulnerability to achieve his aims.  We need to step up next time around, or that's just going to happen again.

Draconic Aiur

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on January 07, 2018, 07:48:43 PM
Because Libertarians suck.

Black folk who won't get out and vote for a white feminist ... are ???
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Baruch on January 07, 2018, 09:30:52 PM
Black folk who won't get out and vote for a white feminist ... are ???

Coons.

Draconic Aiur

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 07, 2018, 05:52:23 PM

Either that, or it was the lizard people...

That is sad but true.  Wyoming gets an electoral vote per 193,000 people; California gets an electoral vote per 727,000 people.  So if you are in Wyoming, you count as 4 Californians.  That has to change.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 10, 2018, 11:17:22 AM
That is sad but true.  Wyoming gets an electoral vote per 193,000 people; California gets an electoral vote per 727,000 people.  So if you are in Wyoming, you count as 4 Californians.  That has to change.

Cheney ... who is from Wyoming ... So?  What are you going to do, cry?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 10, 2018, 02:28:54 PM
Cheney ... who is from Wyoming ... So?  What are you going to do, cry?

No.  I want to see the idiot system changed to be fair.  I'll live with whoever wins, so long as it is fairly done.  You can't have democracy with a cheated system.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 10, 2018, 04:27:26 PM
No.  I want to see the idiot system changed to be fair.  I'll live with whoever wins, so long as it is fairly done.  You can't have democracy with a cheated system.

True ... but ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Prc1UfuokY
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Sal1981

Saw a really good Joe Rogan podcast with Louis Theroux, where Joe pointed out that the voting system in the U.S. was from a time when communication was by horse and there was a need for representative government. He didn't really give an alternative, just pointed out that it was a different time and the government style was formulated by the standards back then. Today, obviously, communication is almost instant and you can communicate with a wide range of people over the Internet using any number of platforms, contrasted with the old-style snail-mail.

Cavebear

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 11, 2018, 06:17:43 AM
Saw a really good Joe Rogan podcast with Louis Theroux, where Joe pointed out that the voting system in the U.S. was from a time when communication was by horse and there was a need for representative government. He didn't really give an alternative, just pointed out that it was a different time and the government style was formulated by the standards back then. Today, obviously, communication is almost instant and you can communicate with a wide range of people over the Internet using any number of platforms, contrasted with the old-style snail-mail.

Here's a thought... 

I think we need a new Constitution.  But I would fight against the idea.  I won't trust politicians to make a new one that makes any sense.