Author Topic: Here is the actual math for the Dirac equation (relativistic quantum electron)  (Read 2459 times)

Offline Hakurei Reimu

Baruch, look carefully. It's not a mere "add-on"; it is a correction. The Dirac equation didn't imply many worlds any more than the Schrodinger equation did. Many worlds is a completely independent proposition from the equations used to describe particle behavior.

Why are you so against being corrected, huh?
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Baruch

Why do you like to split hairs?  Got Rogaine?
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

Offline Hakurei Reimu

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Why do you like to split hairs?
Because "splitting hairs" is our stock in trade. Splitting hairs in our measurements is how we came up with quantum mechanics in the first place. QFT came from caring about the nitty-gritty details of the implications of relativity coupled with quantum principles. It's because what looks like splitting hairs to the ordinary person is actually splitting logs to us.

Quantum mechanics is hard enough to understand without the misconceptions. I would thank you not to be spreading them around. I would also thank you to care about the accuracy of what you would teach others.
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Baruch

I am sure you are a god of your own universe ... I am only a demigod in this one ;-)
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€

Offline Hakurei Reimu

Yeah, we had other people believe that they're Jesus Christ, too. Didn't turn out so well.
(she bites!)

Offline Baruch

Yeah, we had other people believe that they're Jesus Christ, too. Didn't turn out so well.

Nope, Jewish yes, Jesus no.  And you are neither.

Offline Hakurei Reimu

I am completely fine with not being a Jesus. The only one who claimed to be a demigod was you, which is a fair description of Jesus Christ.
(she bites!)

Offline Cavebear

Thanks for adding more detail, but it didn't actually matter.  You simply like to ... add on.  I do too.  Let me know when you get your Nobel Prize or Field Medal, won't you?

I notice you didn't exactly answer her questions...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Baruch

I notice you didn't exactly answer her questions...

Hakurei and I have a history.  You and I have a different history.  Being photographically minded (sometimes) means that any new conversation is a continuation of an older one.  That can be confusing to the two, depending on who is forgetful.  For a person outside that context ... it can't be easy.

Direct answers are sometimes rude.  I try to self-moderate my rudeness.  Having chutzpa isn't the same as being an asshole (referring to myself).  Ellipsis is how I sometimes manifest that self-moderation.

Offline Baruch

I am completely fine with not being a Jesus. The only one who claimed to be a demigod was you, which is a fair description of Jesus Christ.

That is more true than you realize.  But everyone is on their own path, beating their own drum, or something else ...

Offline Hakurei Reimu

Photographic (sometimes) memory, eh? Well, in many ways forgiving is forgetting, so that does shed some light on our history. I always try to treat each new thread as if it were a fresh start, because life's too short to carry grudges.
(she bites!)

Offline Baruch

Photographic (sometimes) memory, eh? Well, in many ways forgiving is forgetting, so that does shed some light on our history. I always try to treat each new thread as if it were a fresh start, because life's too short to carry grudges.

I am more of an elephant, and you stay true to character.

Offline Hakurei Reimu

I am more of an elephant, and you stay true to character.
Oh? What's that?
(she bites!)

life's too short to carry grudges.
We don't need no stinking grudges!

"In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate."
Isaac Asimov

Offline Baruch

And don't mine gold ore on Mexican territory, Gringos!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk