Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Memri video on Islam

Started by pr126, December 22, 2017, 10:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 26, 2017, 02:52:21 PM
More tired sexism...

Well, you definitely seem a damp squib in your own autobiography ... not that extreme variance form the norm is bad or anything.  We are all at some extreme or other, just not the same ones.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2017, 02:55:11 PM
Well, you definitely seem a damp squib in your own autobiography ... not that extreme variance form the norm is bad or anything.  We are all at some extreme or other, just not the same ones.

Ah but it depends on what we are extreme about.  I am very extreme about atheism, but not much else. What else do you think I am extreme about?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2018, 03:15:39 AM
Ah but it depends on what we are extreme about.  I am very extreme about atheism, but not much else. What else do you think I am extreme about?

Not much else.  You spent your career in bureaucracy ... but so have I.  It doesn't trigger me.  I don't wake up at night, with night sweats, after a nightmare where I am waiting in line, with number 283, but the sole clerk has only gotten to number 45 so far ;-)  I usually don't dream I am in France.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2018, 06:36:26 AM
Not much else.  You spent your career in bureaucracy ... but so have I.  It doesn't trigger me.  I don't wake up at night, with night sweats, after a nightmare where I am waiting in line, with number 283, but the sole clerk has only gotten to number 45 so far ;-)  I usually don't dream I am in France.

So, while I have dreams of funny offices and walking an roads I'm not familiar with (which are very mild problems I solve in my dreams), you wake up from your with night-sweats and fears of bureaucrats.  That explains much.  Bureaucrats just enforce the laws of the legislators. Who are elected by the People. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2018, 07:27:58 AM
So, while I have dreams of funny offices and walking an roads I'm not familiar with (which are very mild problems I solve in my dreams), you wake up from your with night-sweats and fears of bureaucrats.  That explains much.  Bureaucrats just enforce the laws of the legislators. Who are elected by the People.

i agree that ... for example .. the IRS is just doing its damn job.  The problem lies with the legislators ... who only represent reptilian aliens.  You believed your poly-sci indoctrination.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2018, 07:32:43 AM
i agree that ... for example .. the IRS is just doing its damn job.  The problem lies with the legislators ... who only represent reptilian aliens.  You believed your poly-sci indoctrination.

And the IRS does its job properly.  You can disagree with tax laws, but don't take it out on the IRS.  And it's job isn't "damned"; its what pays for roads and national defense and basic research, etc.  I pay my taxes and glad for them.

My poly-sci classes weren't indoctrination, BTW.  If anything, they were studies in how NOT to get indoctrinated.  I learned the rules of the games so I could avoid them.  Quite successfully, I think.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2018, 07:42:27 AM
And the IRS does its job properly.  You can disagree with tax laws, but don't take it out on the IRS.  And it's job isn't "damned"; its what pays for roads and national defense and basic research, etc.  I pay my taxes and glad for them.

My poly-sci classes weren't indoctrination, BTW.  If anything, they were studies in how NOT to get indoctrinated.  I learned the rules of the games so I could avoid them.  Quite successfully, I think.

Back then .. how not to be a part of the SDS?  Was the curriculum by J Edgar?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2018, 07:44:14 AM
Back then .. how not to be a part of the SDS?  Was the curriculum by J Edgar?

I was briefly part of the SDS.  Then I realized they were nuts.  But so was Hoover.  I sought a more rational way.