News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A Word To Left-Wing Students

Started by pr126, December 31, 2017, 02:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: pr126 on December 31, 2017, 02:03:07 PM
Trigger warning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85q6BOnwIAQ
Your baking is out of this world!  Your politics are simply brain-dead, fucking stupid. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Well, Horst Wessel Lied, and PR can too!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Jason78

How can they be so intolerant of intolerance?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Mermaid

That's it. I am converted. You convinced me!
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Blackleaf

Go to college. Maybe you'll learn a few things.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on December 31, 2017, 04:20:11 PM

Yeah, that's a plan. Let the alt-right propagandize without response.

Nope.
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 31, 2017, 05:06:19 PM
Yeah, that's a plan. Let the alt-right propagandize without response.

Nope.

Yall seemed to be doing a fine enough job, so I figured I would take a break for once.

Though I would also argue that indifferently laughing at them is a response in the same vein as has been used here. A more productive use of my time would probably be to watch the video and destroy it point by point... but it's New Years, and I ain't in the mood for that.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

I've had double pneumonia since Nov. 27th, antibiotic resistant. I have spare time.
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Quote from: Shiranu on December 31, 2017, 05:08:36 PM
Yall seemed to be doing a fine enough job, so I figured I would take a break for once.

Though I would also argue that indifferently laughing at them is a response in the same vein as has been used here. A more productive use of my time would probably be to watch the video and destroy it point by point... but it's New Years, and I ain't in the mood for that.

There are some things too stupid to bother arguing against. Watching the video would only result in me losing a few brain cells. And when you start with a sarcastic "trigger warning," you've already lost the right to be taken seriously.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 31, 2017, 06:21:11 PM
I've had double pneumonia since Nov. 27th, antibiotic resistant. I have spare time.

Please take care and get well.  That is a serious thing for us seniors.  You don't smoke, do you?  If you do, it is past time to stop it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 31, 2017, 04:54:23 PM
Go to college. Maybe you'll learn a few things.

Unnecessary, thanks to Youtube documentaries.  I don't need anyone past the age of 30 to tell me anything, at 15 I already knew it all! ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 31, 2017, 02:14:27 PM
Yeah, kids, listen to the nazis.

Pat Condell seems to be from the Enoch Powell school of British politics.  Both have ultimately Irish origins.  Don't think Condell was a Black Shirt back in the day, he isn't old enough.  Enoch Powell was a brigadier in WW II ... what did you do?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_Powell ... definitely old school

Is anyone to the right of Ho Chi Minh ... a Nazi?  The Vietnam War was definitely the wrong war ... but the victory of the North Vietnamese, while hard earned, didn't validate all the feral college students back in the US.  I would have drafted all of them, you hear me Bill Clinton, Dick Cheney?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.