News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

WTF?

Started by pr126, December 31, 2017, 10:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Darwinian selection.  Start in the kindergarten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA8fgaBSDUw

Gawdzilla Sama

What a fuckin' one-trick pony.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCylgI-PV9c

There was a time when it was allowed that kids could develop naturally into what they wanted to be.

Nowadays, certain parents want to force their virtue signalling on their kids.

This reminds me of the horror movie sleepaway camp.

https://digest.bps.org.uk/2017/10/03/the-psychology-of-sex-differences-5-revealing-insights-from-our-primate-cousins/

QuoteThere are behavioural differences, on average, between the sexes â€" few would dispute that. Where the debate rages is over how much these differences are the result of social pressures versus being rooted in our biology (the answer often is that there is a complex interaction between the two).

For example, when differences are observed between girls and boys, such as in preferences for play, one possibility is that this is partly or wholly because of the contrasting ways that girls and boys are influenced by their peers, parents and other adults (because of the ideas they have about how the sexes ought to behave). Studying non-human primates allows us to identity sex differences in behavior that can’t be due to human culture and gender beliefs.

Learning more about the biological roots of behavioural sex differences should not be used as an excuse for harmful stereotyping or discrimination, but it can help us better understand our human nature and the part that evolved sex differences play in some of the most important issues that affect our lives, including around diversity, relationships, mental health, crime and education.

Earlier this year, as part of a special issue of the Journal of Neuroscience Research â€" titled “An Issue Whose Time Has Come: Sex/Gender Influences on Nervous System Function” â€" Elizabeth Lonsdorf at Franklin and Marshall College published a useful mini-review detailing some of the sex differences observed among monkey and ape infants and juveniles.

“Many sex differences in behavioral development exist in nonhuman primates,” she writes, “despite a comparative lack of sex-biased treatment by mothers and other social partners”. Here is a digested account of five of these behavioural sex differences: 

In human cultures across the world, boys tend to spend more time away from their mothers as compared with girls, which may reflect an early tendency toward greater risk taking. The same is true in chimps. For a 2014 paper, Lonsdorf and her colleagues, including famed zoologist Jane Goodall, conducted the most detailed ever analysis of the development of wild chimpanzees, observing 40 chimps from birth to age 5. They found that, by age 3, male infants showed greater physical distance from their mothers than females. The males began moving about on their own earlier than females and covered more distances independently. These and other findings from the study “suggest that some biologically based sex differences in behavior may have been present in the common ancestor of chimpanzees and humans, and operated independently from the influences of modern sex-biased parental behavior and gender socialization,” the researchers said.

its almost like girls and boys are two different species :O

I must admit though, I do find it hilarious how in sweden, you have these kind of moral crusaders forcing gender confusion on kids, force hammering virtue signalling, and claiming they are trying to make society a better place in doing so, meanwhile certain.. visitors from far away lands flocking to places like germany and sweden, are as opposed to those ideals these people want, I just imagine one of them waving a multicultural flag in the face of these visitors, before they get a brick to their head from the their nice new friends.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Advocacy is a terrible responsibility.  And terrible people wield it ... whether from the children of King Gustavus Adolphus (not everyone in Europe appreciated his intervention) or from the children of Caliph Umar.  Both guys were advocates ... of Swedish Protestant anti-imperialism on the one hand, and Arabic Islamic imperialism on the other hand.

Give kids alternatives, and let them choose.  But fence it in, for their safety.  Encourage their exploration, but warn them if it crosses a boundary.  I have no problem with gender spectrum from masculine to feminine and everything in between.  Of course, ultimately, parents are the problem ... they don't know what they are doing, and they might be advocating something.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

"Are you shocked?" Not really.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sal1981 on December 31, 2017, 06:44:05 PM
"Are you shocked?" Not really.
You're supposed to be. PR is here to shock us out of our liberal shell. Pity he has no idea how to do that.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

I got two minutes into it... the penis thing is a bit much for my woodsy Southern sensabilities, but god forbid they make a book that addresses the reality of there being two mothers or fathers in a house, or promote that girls can be pirates and boys princes! That is TOO FAR, gawt damn it! LGBT members of society don't exist and women belong in the fucking kitchen, not doing bad ass shit like being pirates or ninjas.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on December 31, 2017, 08:12:38 PM
I got two minutes into it... the penis thing is a bit much for my woodsy Southern sensabilities, but god forbid they make a book that addresses the reality of there being two mothers or fathers in a house, or promote that girls can be pirates and boys princes! That is TOO FAR, gawt damn it! LGBT members of society don't exist and women belong in the fucking kitchen, not doing bad ass shit like being pirates or ninjas.

certain thats not what its advocating, rather its forcing this on kids instead of letting things develop naturally in what children what to do.

I talked to my mum about this, and she recalled how back in the 80s she worked as a playgroup teacher, looking after kids as well as me and her friends kids at infant schools, and she remembered watching kids just discovering things and using their imagination. They had any selections of toys and games to play with, were read classic childrens story books, and nothing was forced on them but the groups were all treated equally, safely, and not pushing an agenda on them.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on December 31, 2017, 08:33:44 PM
certain thats not what its advocating, rather its forcing this on kids instead of letting things develop naturally in what children what to do.

I talked to my mum about this, and she recalled how back in the 80s she worked as a playgroup teacher, looking after kids as well as me and her friends kids at infant schools, and she remembered watching kids just discovering things and using their imagination. They had any selections of toys and games to play with, were read classic childrens story books, and nothing was forced on them but the groups were all treated equally, safely, and not pushing an agenda on them.

Its a conspiracy theory.  Conspiracy theory is driven by paranoia.  Paranoia is driven by schizophrenia ... which is our natural social condition, and individual condition.  We are all men-women ... and our social structure is masculine-feminine.

The conspiracy theory is that ... all Leftists are French, ultimately anti-West.  Of course religion (Judeo-Christian) makes up half of Western civilization, the other half being secular (Greco-Roman).  French revolutionaries were also progressive in actual practice, there was a jump in social development and technical development (Napoleonic war tends to do that).  Religious Leftists would be pro-pagan.

The only pro-Western revolutionaries were in the New World (13 Colonies plus S America under Bolivar) ... because we weren't part of the clerical backlash (this did happen in Mexico during the 1920s) ... free religion, not anti-religion or established religion.  And of course the Europeans had a problem of liquidating the royalty and nobility ... that America didn't have at first.

Americans are slowly becoming more European (thanks Britain).  France is still anti-Anglophone, never a good partner during peacetime, and not much of a partner during wartime.  So among us Anglophones, the French revolution has a different connotation than it does for the non-English speakers.  And everyone gets it ... that the Russian revolution was born in Paris, not Moscow.

So in that context, anytime the Left advocates something ... it seems to the Right (who are projecting) that the Left is simply using freedom of choice as an open door to make something mandatory.  Like Islamists participating in free elections, only to establish Sharia and abolish elections.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Why so serious?

I am only showing what the left is doing. The left that you so wholeheartedly support.

You should be proud. It is all in a good cause. Onwards toward utopia!

Which has been tried many times in the past, and each time it produced a huge pile of dead bodies.

This time it will be perfect.
If you first don't succeed, try and try again.

Gawdzilla Sama

Left bad. Right good. We get it.
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 01, 2018, 06:30:11 AM

both can be shitty, thats what to get.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 01, 2018, 06:30:11 AM

Human bad ... Left or Right.  So as a Leftist you accuse the Right of being partisan?  Bwhwhwha ... project much?  They are both advocates, and expect to be obeyed, as the tyrants they are.  But the Tree of Liberty needs to be watered with the blood of tyrants.

Some Brits understand this.  King Charles I ... was a tyrant.  He was replaced by Oliver Cromwell ... who was a different tyrant.  Assholes are just that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on January 01, 2018, 07:34:29 AM
both can be shitty, thats what to get.
Not if you're as politically polarized as PR. His note pads are one inch wide.
PZ Myers

pr126

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 01, 2018, 11:47:26 AM
Not if you're as politically polarized as PR. His note pads are one inch wide.
Are you not politically polarized? I think you are.
Anyone disagrees with your ideology is labelled a Nazi?